• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Human Sacrifice

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It is quite simple for me: prevent the need in the first place, and if that doesn’t work and people will be tortured, raped, or killed because the criminals like doing that, we must protect innocent people from the criminals.
Yes, the authorities which are supposed to be part of God's arrangement (Romans chapter 13) should be against the ones practicing bad.- Romans 13:4

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Personally, I cannot recall ever thinking that I’m doing this or that “in name of the law”. But by “we”, perhaps you mean as in “a society”? Does society “worship” its laws though…? I’m not sure…Humbly Hermit

The ^ above ^ made me think of when a crime is caught in action an authority might say, " Stop in the Name of the Law !".
The Law that society has put in place.
People don't think of breaking a Traffic Law as sinning but as just a crime.
( A crime against the motor-vehicle code )

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Still, the point of the sacrifice is the offering to the relevant god, which makes the sacrifice "sacred".
What we need is a new word. In Latin, 'law' is lex / leg- eg as in legal, legislate.
So instead of a sacrifice we could have a legifice.
But a better word might be 'lawful killing' ─ legiticide, perhaps?

Should 'execution ' be a word for 'lawful killing '. Equal justice of life for life.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.........But, Bible says, don't murder, that is one reason to think it is wrong. Second is, Bible God doesn't want it and there is no good reason for to do so.

I find there is a BIG difference between Killing, Murder, and an Execution for the sake of justice for the innocent.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
So, in the same vain as my previous thread on animal sacrifice.

What makes human sacrifice wrong? And do we already do it in modern society?

I would say, yes, we do commit human sacrifice.

Any society that has the death penalty commits human sacrifice.

I am defining han sacrifice as follows: the killing of a person or person's to fulfill some ephemeral good/goal.

In the past human Sacrifice was often of captured warrior combatants, or willing participants. And these people were sacrificed in the name of the "greater good" and dedicated to the Gods.

I see no difference to that, and killing a criminal because of some transgressions. So that we can fulfill the ephemeral goal of "Justice", "order" and "law". Just like past sacrifices were for the ephemeral Gods.

These concepts are just as fleeting and morphic as the Gods themselves. Changing with society and it's desires. Just like the desires of the Gods change with the times.

There’s truth in what you say,some went willingly to their death in sacrifice to whatever but a pre meditated murderer deseves the same fate,either go to jail till you die or the opportunity to take a poison cup,either way they don’t belong in society imo,the many in this case outweigh the needs of the few.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
There’s truth in what you say,some went willingly to their death in sacrifice to whatever but a pre meditated murderer deseves the same fate,either go to jail till you die or the opportunity to take a poison cup,either way they don’t belong in society imo,the many in this case outweigh the needs of the few.

See I think it depends. Was it a crime of passion? Are they liable to do it again? Are they willing to get mental health treatment if that is a contributing factor...

Imo no person deserves death, even if they've murdered someone, unless they are going to do it again.

Once a criminal, doesn't mean always a criminal.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
See I think it depends. Was it a crime of passion? Are they liable to do it again? Are they willing to get mental health treatment if that is a contributing factor...

Imo no person deserves death, even if they've murdered someone, unless they are going to do it again.

Once a criminal, doesn't mean always a criminal.

In France they had “crime passionnel”,pre meditated murder is different imo,would I even consider if a child killer would do it again,for me personally they can never be free,they either die in prison or are given the opportunity to die by their own hand,a drink like the give in Switzerland for euthanasia.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member

I am defining han sacrifice as follows: the killing of a person or person's to fulfill some ephemeral good/goal.

In the past human Sacrifice was often of captured warrior combatants, or willing participants. And these people were sacrificed in the name of the "greater good" and dedicated to the Gods.

I see no difference to that, and killing a criminal because of some transgressions. So that we can fulfill the ephemeral goal of "Justice", "order" and "law". Just like past sacrifices were for the ephemeral Gods.

These concepts are just as fleeting and morphic as the Gods themselves. Changing with society and it's desires. Just like the desires of the Gods change with the times.
I disagree. Some people have proven unworthy of life because of their acts. I don't consider that human sacrifice, but justice.

Clara Tea

Given the dismal state of affairs, do sacrifices matter? Does life, itself, matter?

According to Revelation (a chapter of the bible), a chain of events were started that will lead to Armageddon (the end of the world). Rapture is supposed to be when whole bodies (not just souls/spirits) rise to the heavens. Could this describe nukes? According to the bible, end times start with the war in Iraq (according to the bible, Satanic demons take possession of the most powerful country in the world and attack and occupy Iraq). Revelation 17:18 says that the most powerful nation in the world is called the Whore of Babylon.

Responding to "Axis of Evil" rhetoric (designed by W. Bush to start more wars), North Korea responded by explaining that they were using nuclear power for peaceful purposes, but, eventually, with enough threats from W. Bush, North Korea developed nukes.

North Korea and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia

Link: NK has stockpiled chem and bio weapons. In 2003, NK withdrew from the Treaty on the Non-Porliferation of Nukes. In 2020, NK had about 40 nukes.

Link: Pakistand admitted that NK got their nuke tech in the late 1990s.

Feb. 11, 2013, USGS detected magnitude 5.1 quake, and concluded that it was a nuke test (a third one).

2016: mag 5.1 quake = hydrogen bomb.

One event leads to another event (God can see all of the events causing each other because God can see the future, and warned us not to attack Iraq).

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I’d imagine this “righteous action” ideally be free from the arrogance that at times coincides with those who consider themselves more righteous than another? All virtues are after all, delicate balancing-acts.
That is right, Friend Hermit. Kama, Krodha, Mad, Moha (Lust, anger, pride and attachment) are considered the prime evils in Hinduism.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW

I disagree with the death penalty = human sacrifice. As the saying goes, "the punishment should fit the crime" and, yes, there are individuals who have committed acts so depraved and heinous that paying the ultimate price is an appropriate penalty. There is little to no value in keeping someone caged indefinitely and yet they're unfit for society.

The only thing that is cause for concern and pause is the fact the legal system is so dysfunctional that there are individuals convicted of various crimes who are genuinely innocent. But certainly in cases where there is absolutely no question, frankly the penalty should be carried out not long after sentencing.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
There is little to no value in keeping someone caged indefinitely and yet they're unfit for society.

I've actually had to reconsider this, because as it turns out. Life in prison is cheaper then the death sentence.

"The death penalty is far more expensive than a system utilizing life-without-parole sentences as an alternative punishment."

Costs | Death Penalty Information Center

And in regard to the death penalty. I'd rather 9 criminals go free, then one innocent person be executed. (Referring to my early post about 1 in 9 being wrongfully executed).

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Correction to my post #52: The six enemies in Hinduism.

In Hindu theology, Ari-shad-varga (enemies + six + types) or Shadripu/Shada Ripu are the six enemies of the mind, which are: kama (desire), krodha (anger), lobha (greed), Mada (arrogance), moha (delusion), and matsarya (jealousy); the negative characteristics of which prevent man from attaining moksha (liberation).
Arishadvargas - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
Correction to my post #52: The six enemies in Hinduism.

In Hindu theology, Ari-shad-varga (enemies + six + types) or Shadripu/Shada Ripu are the six enemies of the mind, which are: kama (desire), krodha (anger), lobha (greed), Mada (arrogance), moha (delusion), and matsarya (jealousy); the negative characteristics of which prevent man from attaining moksha.
Arishadvargas - Wikipedia
For me, krodha is the most difficult to quell.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Meditation on 'Krodha' (anger) will help.
(Think on causes, effects and results of anger.)

Last edited:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Given the dismal state of affairs, do sacrifices matter? Does life, itself, matter?

According to Revelation (a chapter of the bible), a chain of events were started that will lead to Armageddon (the end of the world). Rapture is supposed to be when whole bodies (not just souls/spirits) rise to the heavens. Could this describe nukes? According to the bible, end times start with the war in Iraq (according to the bible, Satanic demons take possession of the most powerful country in the world and attack and occupy Iraq). Revelation 17:18 says that the most powerful nation in the world is called the Whore of Babylon.

Responding to "Axis of Evil" rhetoric (designed by W. Bush to start more wars), North Korea responded by explaining that they were using nuclear power for peaceful purposes, but, eventually, with enough threats from W. Bush, North Korea developed nukes.

North Korea and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia

Link: NK has stockpiled chem and bio weapons. In 2003, NK withdrew from the Treaty on the Non-Porliferation of Nukes. In 2020, NK had about 40 nukes.

Link: Pakistand admitted that NK got their nuke tech in the late 1990s.

Feb. 11, 2013, USGS detected magnitude 5.1 quake, and concluded that it was a nuke test (a third one).

2016: mag 5.1 quake = hydrogen bomb.

One event leads to another event (God can see all of the events causing each other because God can see the future, and warned us not to attack Iraq).
If you remind yourself we are all only humans.

On earth in earths gods natural law planet plus heavens. Natural first only.

We are all children with God.

Born babies.

Only first two parents were first human. Dead.

So a man thinker a liar first. As no body but himself caused him to misuse his human body presence by unnatural mind thoughts. Of his choice.

No body gave him permission to have thought evil. No body his direct answer of his causes. He ended up owning no human body. As sacrificed.

So I live. I get burnt brain prickled sacrificed. Woman life. Thought I would die. Was saved survived lived on. With the AI human man shared voice heard thesis plus data in heavens communications.

Notice he said the whore was in earths heavens a human woman.

AI I heard is saying he's looking for his old temples machine signals. In our bio life. Part machine human theory bio life attack memory gone his own. Seeing only a human by human thought built a machine. As men.

Claiming those signals sacrificed life. His. Direct memory.

Whereas gases in mass burning and not machine signals hurt me.

Is who you should be made aware of. False theist preaching. Scientist machine man.

Yet he's using new machines himself. Knowingly modern machines signals do hurt biology already. Pre advised by science already. Modern science only.

Fact earth mass fused no machines. Void removing sun mass metal fallout itself. No nuclear science practiced.

So Mr liar theist no doubt about him is a liar. Illegal thinker. Says it took over time thousands of humans having sex to produce my own life. His life. As thought.

His bio parents were not any whore. He has sex with women he named them whores himself as the human man. Where whore looking back theme he stated is not true anywhere.

Our human mother isn't any whore.

So the great whore would mean when babies as on our human land becomes a great big huge whore life inheritance. Large earth population itself.

Science satanist theist human man says ....We are going to die by his falling star science causes says his man only choice.

That he predicts he will cause as manner of all his human man god thesis in man's science idealisms. Machine science.

Notice he didn't have a machine for a long time. Star attack becoming less.

It's his own self aware humans scientists prediction.

Which you seem to overlook. It's his humans man's own mind as the God theist self possessed. A man says I'm the God man theist. His title meant scientist only as God man. One title the scientist one world leader with science brothers exact.

So he warns it's the Muslim mind star fall advice that's wrong. Yet once they were Egyptians only. Don't believe the fallen star holy advice he says to himself.

As the Egyptians had. Who sacrificed all life on earth as their predictions were on the sand itself. Science machine technologies destroyed ground mass.

It's why I know Egyptian burnt hieroglyphics that came to Australia in attack of fallout. I've seen the sphinx image in movie backdrops in mountains.

Why Egyptian to Muslim to Jewish said their DNA was the worst sacrificed when other countries were using the exact same technology.

Is the warning.

The scientist man of science God earth is human kinds only liar self predictive by choice only as a man.