• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huckabee Slams Portman

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Rick, do you not care about the integrity and quality of your party? If you want a christian fundamentalist kook running our country, you might as well wipe your *** with the American flag and the constitution. Me? I would prefer a president who supports and upholds the ideals that define America. Do you value our rights, freedom and equality? Then perhaps we shouldn't be electing addle-minded, slack-jawed, cross-licking hicks in positions of power.
Also, there was a recent news article about Huckabee publicly insisting that Obama was born and raised in Kenya. I prefer my presidents intelligent and educated, while the right apparently prefers scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Also, there was a recent news article about Huckabee publicly insisting that Obama was born and raised in Kenya. I prefer my presidents intelligent and educated, while the right apparently prefers scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
the question is whether any of these folks truly believe this twaddle, or if they are just using it in a cynical ploy to appeal to their base. You decide.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
the question is whether any of these folks truly believe this twaddle, or if they are just using it in a cynical ploy to appeal to their base. You decide.

Ignorance or dishonesty, neither are desirable traits in a potential president.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Rick, do you not care about the integrity and quality of your party? If you want a christian fundamentalist kook running our country, you might as well wipe your *** with the American flag and the constitution.
That's not fair. I know plenty of fundies who support the Constitution, even the contentious parts like
separation of church & state. (They see that it protects them from other faiths.) It all depends upon
the individual...how does each view Constitution?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Contra Huckabee, just about everyone and their dog knows (1) most single parents have a hell of a tough time, and (2) Portman is rich enough she can hire a nanny.
And (3) when two parents are in a committed relationship, the mother's not really a "single parent", even if they're not married.

He's complaining about either the piece of paper or the religious ceremony, not the actual living situation.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Rick, do you not care about the integrity and quality of your party? If you want a christian fundamentalist kook running our country, you might as well wipe your *** with the American flag and the constitution. Me? I would prefer a president who supports and upholds the ideals that define America. Do you value our rights, freedom and equality? Then perhaps we shouldn't be electing addle-minded, slack-jawed, cross-licking hicks in positions of power.
I believe if you go back and read my post again, I said I believe it would be a sucessful ticket.

It would be sucessful in the regards that it would unite the Republican party. Do you have a problem with Mitt Romney or just Mike Huckabee? I can completely understand your disdain for Mike, but what is your beef with Mitt? Romney implemented a health care plan for his state that is very similar to Obama care. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I'm thinking a united Republican anything is going to leave a bad taste in your mouth because of the possibility they might even win.

Obama got elected by many uneducated misinformed voters who would have voted for any black man that ran for office. I can understand the pride and excitement of the first black president being elected. Even though I am a Republican, I was proud that our country had progressed that far.

I will be equally proud of the first woman President, but I hope she is a Republican. :D

My point is, there are many people who are ignorant and many of them are kooks. The religious right loves them. Their vote counts just as much as an informed voters vote does, (say that three times real fast). :eek:

Obama rallied a wide spectrum of votes from college elites to bums on the street. Millionaires to wellfare recipients. Informed and ignorant voters got him elected.

The only difference I see here is Obama did not pander to the ignorant like Huckabee is doing, but he still counted all of his votes like any politician does.

If you want my honest opinion, Mitt Romney could get America back to work much better than our current President has. It is sad that religious prejudice against Mormons will most likely keep him out of the white house.

FH, if you disagree, who would you like to see the Republican nominee be?