• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How would you react..........

…...........if it could be proved beyond any shadow of doubt no god or afterlife exist, when you die you are no more?

Actually, according to the Bible, eternal life is for righteous. I think it is easily possible that I am not righteous enough to get eternal life and I really can’t say that I have eternal life. I believe in God and I also believe it is easily possible that I still don’t get eternal life. it is not promised for those who believe God exists.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Mat. 25:46

For me it is not a problem, if my life doesn’t continue.

Milton Platt

…...........if it could be proved beyond any shadow of doubt no god or afterlife exist, when you die you are no more?

I would be relieved that once my life is over that is it, end of story. I am of the opinion that is the case, but of course there is the outside possibility I am wrong.

I have asked this question on forums before, often the reaction from devout believers is that god/afterlife exist and there is no other possibility.

Over to you.
I don't currently believe in any gods, so I would be basically unaffected.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If it could be proved beyond all doubt no god or afterlife exists, for me that would be the best news ever.
I would not mind that either, because then I could eat, drink and be merry.... Instead I am here on this forum 24/7. :(

That reminds me of a line from a favorite movie of mine.... If I did not believe in God, I could be off sunning myself on a beach, but instead I am here with you...

Melvin Udall: [Sitting in the bar after Carol storms out] Well, it's not right to go into details, I got nervous. I screwed up, I said the wrong thing... Where if I hadn't, I could be in bed right now with a woman who, if you make her laugh, you got a life. Instead I'm here with you
[gestures to bartender]
Melvin Udall: . No offense, but a moron pushing the last legal drug.

As Good as It Gets

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
You know, this is the kind of creepy nonsense that makes the pro-homosexual crowd look spiritually debased. It fits right in with their debased and perverse gay pride parades, flaunting and promoting their sin in the face of God.
Not her fault Jesus had scantily clad young men in his entourage (Mark 14:51-52). He never married, either, which was extremely strange for a Jewish man of his era and age. So we are free to speculate.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I would be relieved that once my life is over that is it, end of story. I am of the opinion that is the case, but of course there is the outside possibility I am wrong.

I have asked this question on forums before, often the reaction from devout believers is that god/afterlife exist and there is no other possibility.

Over to you.
Will shrug my shoulder and continue as before.
A publicly accessible and verifiable proof will be more interesting as it will affect society quite significantly especially if the very devout folks get convinced by it.

Skreeper

You would prefer anything that doesn't conflict with your bias.

No, I would prefer evidence or arguments on why my sexual orientation is evil or wrong.

So far all you managed to come up with is "Because God says so."

Care to try again?

Audie

Veteran Member
This is not an argument, this is a death threat.

Do you have an actual argument? I would prefer a secular argument that is based on reality, thanks.

Of course, the discovery of these cities is in no
way recognized by "mainstream" (non woo woo)
archaeology.
If you like serous hardcore, just plain crazy archaeology,
you will love Ron Wyatt. Here are photos of some
badlands interpreted as cities.
ron wyatt sodom and gomorrah - Google Search

Wyatt also discovered bunch of other stuff, and withal.
proved better at amazing findings than even Indian
Jones.

Spartan

No, I would prefer evidence or arguments on why my sexual orientation is evil or wrong.

So far all you managed to come up with is "Because God says so."

Care to try again?

God's Word is all you need to know about it. Ignore it at your own risk.

Skreeper

God's Word is all you need to know about it. Ignore it at your own risk.

Luckily, the majority of people don't care what your holy book says. I for one don't live in a theocracy so your religious views don't matter when it comes to public policy.

Either you can make an secular argument, the only type of argument that matters when it comes to laws and policy, or you can keep your outdated views at home.

Spartan

Luckily, the majority of people don't care what your holy book says. I for one don't live in a theocracy so your religious views don't matter when it comes to public policy.

Either you can make an secular argument, the only type of argument that matters when it comes to laws and policy, or you can keep your outdated views at home.

Denial of the divine isn't going to help your case.