• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How would you react..........

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If people wind up in Hell it will be on them - for their unrepentant sins and for kicking the salvation of Jesus Christ to the curb.
If I were cast into hell, I would grab god by the beard and drag him along, riding him like a surf board all the way down. :cool:

Skreeper

Denial of the divine isn't going to help your case.

Thanks for confirming that you have no supporting evidence or data other than your religious doctrine.

Debating this topic demands a bit more than what you offer. Are you incapable to form a coherent argument without referencing the bible?

Skreeper

I know that God exists. When a person is born again to new life in Christ and one's life is completely changes there is no doubt.

And I bet that schizophrenic guy from next
door also KNOWS that he is being followed and watched 24/7 by the government.

It's easy to just claim to know things. But true wisdom comes from admitting that you might be wrong.

JJ50

I know that God exists. When a person is born again to new life in Christ and one's life is completely changes there is no doubt.

You might not have any doubt, but it didn't work for me at all when I was a Christian, it was a less than pleasant experience to say the least..

InChrist

Free4ever
What makes you think he doesn't/I couldn't?
According to the information revealed about God is the biblical scriptures...God is Spirit, not a man, nor physical, so that means no beard and God is awesome in power, a consuming fire...so intense that any person in their fallen, sinful state who would see God as He truly is would be instantly destroyed.

InChrist

Free4ever
You might not have any doubt, but it didn't work for me at all when I was a Christian, it was a less than pleasant experience to say the least..
So what was unpleasant? Was it the people around you and the impressions they gave you of Christianity or was it Jesus Himself?

InChrist

Free4ever
And I bet that schizophrenic guy from next
door also KNOWS that he is being followed and watched 24/7 by the government.

It's easy to just claim to know things. But true wisdom comes from admitting that you might be wrong.
And it was at the point I admitted I was wrong that Jesus opened my eyes, poured Himself into my life and changed my entire perspective.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
…...........if it could be proved beyond any shadow of doubt no god or afterlife exist, when you die you are no more?

I would be relieved that once my life is over that is it, end of story. I am of the opinion that is the case, but of course there is the outside possibility I am wrong.

I have asked this question on forums before, often the reaction from devout believers is that god/afterlife exist and there is no other possibility.

Over to you.
If of some reason there is nothing after we die, then at least I tried to live a righteous life. So, in any case, it is not in vain.

JJ50

So what was unpleasant? Was it the people around you and the impressions they gave you of Christianity or was it Jesus Himself?

Being told you would burn in hell as a kid if you didn't ask that guy Jesus into your heart wasn't pleasant at all.:mad: At the age of eleven I did the 'saved' nonsense and for a year or two was quite devout.:oops::oops: I had a big problem I couldn't share with my parents and asked Jesus to help me with it, but I never had any feeling of his presence. If he is upstairs in heaven and couldn't come through for a child, that doesn't say anything good about his character. The most logical explanation is that once he died he stayed dead. Besides which, being 'born again' doesn't make one a good, decent person quite a number of the, 'born agains' I knew were not good people. The pastor of the Pentecostal church we attended touched me inappropriately when I was 14, and quite a number of others were cheating on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest. Surely a faith that states only the 'saved' go to heaven, even if they are bad, yet the unsaved go to hell, even if they are good, is unpleasant to say the least.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
According to the information revealed about God is the biblical scriptures...God is Spirit, not a man, nor physical, so that means no beard and God is awesome in power, a consuming fire...so intense that any person in their fallen, sinful state who would see God as He truly is would be instantly destroyed.

How do you know that I cannot grip and twist the ethereal to my will?

InChrist

Free4ever
Being told you would burn in hell as a kid if you didn't ask that guy Jesus into your heart wasn't pleasant at all.:mad: At the age of eleven I did the 'saved' nonsense and for a year or two was quite devout.:oops::oops: I had a big problem I couldn't share with my parents and asked Jesus to help me with it, but I never had any feeling of his presence. If he is upstairs in heaven and couldn't come through for a child, that doesn't say anything good about his character. The most logical explanation is that once he died he stayed dead. Besides which, being 'born again' doesn't make one a good, decent person quite a number of the, 'born agains' I knew were not good people. The pastor of the Pentecostal church we attended touched me inappropriately when I was 14, and quite a number of others were cheating on their partners, and their business dealings were less than honest. Surely a faith that states only the 'saved' go to heaven, even if they are bad, yet the unsaved go to hell, even if they are good, is unpleasant to say the least.
Thanks for sharing your experience and I am very sorry to hear of the abuse you endured from a pastor who was clearly misrepresenting Christ and fulfilling the lusts of his flesh at your expense, as do many so-called Christians to the harm of others and in slander of the name of Jesus. I can't say why Jesus did not answer your prayers as you hoped or expected.

JJ50

Thanks for sharing your experience and I am very sorry to hear of the abuse you endured from a pastor who was clearly misrepresenting Christ and fulfilling the lusts of his flesh at your expense, as do many so-called Christians to the harm of others and in slander of the name of Jesus. I can't say why Jesus did not answer your prayers as you hoped or expected.

I am of the opinion Jesus is long dead, which is why my prayer was unanswered.