• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Would You Describe Your Notion of an Ideal Adult Human?

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
A person full of LOVE.

How would you describe your notion of an ideal adult human?

That is, if someone were to ask you to describe the sort of adult human that you thought would be most likely to live a good life (such as a happy, a purposeful, a self-fulfilling, or a spiritual life), then how would you answer them?

Under the best conditions possible (best possible society, best possible government, etc), roughly what percentage of people do you think could attain to, or realize your ideal?

If you cannot come up with a single description that would fit all your notions of ideal adult humans, then maybe you can state as many of those notions as you'd like.

I would describe my ideal adult human as a strong individual (mainly, reasonably or justly confident, and someone who thinks for his or herself) who is at least competent at managing their ego (their "psychological self"), and who as fully as possible develops their talents and abilities while behaving in socially and environmentally responsible ways.

I don't know how many people could attain that under ideal or best conditions, but I'd guess a majority.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Someone who cares for themselves and others according to the measure that they are able. Leads a life of virtue. Uses their intelligence and skill to produce a healthy society.

No one is ideal though.

james blunt

That is, if someone were to ask you to describe the sort of adult human that you thought would be most likely to live a good life (such as a happy, a purposeful, a self-fulfilling, or a spiritual life), then how would you answer them?

Under the best conditions possible (best possible society, best possible government, etc), roughly what percentage of people do you think could attain to, or realize your ideal?

If you cannot come up with a single description that would fit all your notions of ideal adult humans, then maybe you can state as many of those notions as you'd like.

I would describe my ideal adult human as a strong individual (mainly, reasonably or justly confident, and someone who thinks for his or herself) who is at least competent at managing their ego (their "psychological self"), and who as fully as possible develops their talents and abilities while behaving in socially and environmentally responsible ways.

I don't know how many people could attain that under ideal or best conditions, but I'd guess a majority.
Good question, I think a perfect adult would be an adult who would think up such a question of what is a perfect adult. An adult is about being mature and objective but at the same time knowing to enjoy ourselves in the right situation . It doesn't hurt for an adult to act like a child and have fun at the right time and place etc. An adult knows though never to take it ''too far'' when having fun and will cease immediately if they see it is offending somebody . i.e micky take

A lot of people could be perfect adults if it was taught into them as children, to think a bit more and have more consideration.

Miracle

Christian
My notion of an ideal adult human is someone like Jesus Christ. If someone asked me to "describe the adult human that you thought would be most likely to live a good life", I would ask them what their definition of good was.

Under the "best" conditions possible, I don't believe the majority can or will realize this ideal. Hardly any have and hardly any do.

Brickjectivity

System Override
Staff member
Premium Member

I think Starship Earth will continue to need diversity. A single type of person cannot contain or reproduce all of the necessary attributes.

Consider a happy well off person, someone wll adapted to society who is near the top of Maslows Hierarchy. They will also be moving up in another hierarchy -- an 'evil' version of the hierarchy. Their free time to some degree becomes idle time and also time for idle thoughts. The fulfillment of their basic needs reveals new hungers. A world of fat, happy people is not going to go very well. It has to be dynamic. To minimize evil you have to keep everyone guessing about their status.

The ideal person is highly educated but not well served. They inherit only what others inherit plus a random value of wealth, and they do not get to pass this on to heirs. The parent rears the child, but the family is not permitted to accumulate wealth. Upon death a person's stocks, cash, lands and other accounts are seized and placed into the lottery for new people. Its all run by disinterested AI computers, and people have to cope with their random inheritances. Corporate stock therefore tends to become distributed over time, and corporations are not permitted to own other companies. Banks are replaced by AI systems that purposely create cycles of recession and growth which are publically announced ahead of time. AI lawyers and cyborg judges help eliminate wait times and reduce legal costs and quickly end groundless lawsuits, however there is a small random chance of winning any legal contest recognized in law as an acknowledgement that law is practice.

There you go, Sunstone. Utopia!