• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How well do you know your bible?

slabbey06

Bond-Servant of Christ
I love quizzes! I think they're fun. I'm such a nerd.

You are 96% of the way to being a Bible Scholar

joeboonda

You are 89% of the way to being a Bible Scholar
Well done. You are awesome! It looks like you have some good knowledge. It never hurt to keep at it though.

I went fast, didn't look anything up, guessed at some. Guess I did okay, but it doesn't say what we missed, lol.

anders

68%, despite the ambiguities, questions for English speakers/readers only (shortest verse for example), and just plain errors in the questions. There is for example no way that a Psalm could refer to Jesus, IMO.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
68%, despite the ambiguities, questions for English speakers/readers only (shortest verse for example), and just plain errors in the questions. There is for example no way that a Psalm could refer to Jesus, IMO.
I wondered at that, too. I also had to wonder at just what worth it is knowing what verse is shortest (i.e. how on earth does that make you a scholar of the Bible?) and find it extremely ironic to see someone writing a test to find out if you're a Bible scholar who can't even manage to spell Jerusalem or Jezebel correctly (or 'their', for that matter, and those are just a few that stick out in my mind)!

James

joeboonda

Knowing Bible facts is good, but understanding the deeper things is better. There are many verses in Psalms that are considered prophecies of Jesus. If David was moved by the Holy Spirit of God, of whom Jesus is His Son, certainly God could prophecy through David's Psalms. But that is another thread.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Knowing Bible facts is good, but understanding the deeper things is better. There are many verses in Psalms that are considered prophecies of Jesus. If David was moved by the Holy Spirit of God, of whom Jesus is His Son, certainly God could prophecy through David's Psalms. But that is another thread.
But a prophecy of prefigurement of the Passion found in a psalm is not the same thing as saying that a psalm is about the Passion is it? I mean, we see prefigurings of the Incarnation throughout the OT, but the OT is clearly not about the Incarnation is it? I think anders is entirely right to dispute that question - at best the way it was worded is misleading. In any case, it's quite clear that the author was no scholar, not of the Bible nor the English language for that matter, so as far as I'm concerned the quiz can be viewed as little other than ironic.

James

Booko

Deviled Hen
I wondered at that, too. I also had to wonder at just what worth it is knowing what verse is shortest (i.e. how on earth does that make you a scholar of the Bible?) and find it extremely ironic to see someone writing a test to find out if you're a Bible scholar who can't even manage to spell Jerusalem or Jezebel correctly (or 'their', for that matter, and those are just a few that stick out in my mind)!

James

He can't spell "Reuben" either. Apparently he doesn't hang out in Jewish delis. :p
Or Jericho.
Or "thief"
"Jacobs" should be a possessive
What in tarnation is a "vicotry"?
Bethleham? Is that a deli meat brand?
"distroy"

Hm...a quiz in need of an editor, I guess. Well let's see...

You are 93% of the way to being a Bible Scholar

Well done. You are awesome! It looks like you have some good knowledge. It never hurt to keep at it though.

Is never hurt to conjugate one's verbs either.

I wonder what I got wrong? Probably one of those longest/shortest Psalm thingies.

This is more trivia than scholarship. Oh well.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
You are 43% of the way to being a Bible Scholar
43%

A little more reading would be good. How about get some friends around and discover some fun things together.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
You are 73% of the way to being a Bible Scholar
73%

Doing pretty good. With a little more effort you will really be there. Challenge yourself and your firends daily to learn more.

NoraSariah

You are 53% of the way to being a Bible Scholar

You are getting there but study never hurt. There are some funny and bizarre things inside. Find the story of the really fat king.

I tried. >.< Only ones I really didn't know were the wives and the psalms.

ZooGirl02

I only got a 67% but I do not think that this quiz is theologically accurate. At least it isn't in my opinion. Nevertheless, I do not know a ton of stuff about the Bible.

Question_love_act

Humanist... "Animalist"?
60% for me. I believe I had mostly the New Testament right... and some luck! I don't know the Bible that much, but I did read the NT often.