• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How was your divorce?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
As a child I saw some ugly marriages. My dad fought and lost multiple costly Court battles for custody, and then he kidnapped us and took us to Fatima Portugal. The plan was foiled and we were brought back to America to a weeping mother. They still hate each other.

My mom's third marriage didn't even last 6 weeks. Her fourth marriage was to a pathological liar and pedophile.

She is now a divorced lonely old doctor living in her own private Clinic.

She must look back at her marriages and cringe in pain and regret.

I've often wondered what a divorce feels like. If you have had a divorce would you care to share what it was like? Does it feel like the marriage was a huge mistake and waste of time, money, and energy, or does it feel like it was meant to be?

Also, if you don't mind sharing what caused the divorce, I'd appreciate it. I'm trying to learn from your experience :)

Phantasman

As a child I saw some ugly marriages. My dad fought and lost multiple costly Court battles for custody, and then he kidnapped us and took us to Fatima Portugal. The plan was foiled and we were brought back to America to a weeping mother. They still hate each other.

My mom's third marriage didn't even last 6 weeks. Her fourth marriage was to a pathological liar and pedophile.

I've often wondered what a divorce feels like. If you have had a divorce would you care to share what it was like ? Does it feel like the marriage was a huge mistake and waste of time, money, and energy, or does it feel like it was meant to be?

Also, if you don't mind sharing what caused the divorce, I'd appreciate it. I'm trying to learn from your experience :)
Myself, Twice divorced. I gave both everything and started new both times. You learn (or should learn) from the experience (of why it failed). I did, and my third marriage is solid and filled with love.

Marriage is just a word. I learned that relationships survive by both parties putting into it, rather than one of the two trying to get something out of it. I see my first two wives that way. They wanted more than they gave.

Flame

Beware
If you have had a divorce would you care to share what it was like?

It went smoothly and had almost no issues in the proceedings.

Does it feel like the marriage was a huge mistake and waste of time, money, and energy, or does it feel like it was meant to be?

The only good thing to come out of that marriage was my daughter; the rest was a waste.

Also, if you don't mind sharing what caused the divorce, I'd appreciate it.

It was a combination of things. We were both eighteen and right out of school when we married. We wanted different things; I wanted to get to college to work towards a medical field while she wanted to wait a few years to experience the night/party life. The pregnancy and birth of my daughter strained our relationship due to medical costs and her needs. The breaking point was discovering her heroin addiction; our entire savings were used up to feed her addiction and she'd disappear for days to full weeks.

Mindmaster

Premium Member

Man, that's some messed up crap. No divorce here, but came close once when we were young. Every marriage probably faces this once at least, but if you both get through it and work out the problems you probably will be together forever mostly because you can take anything.

People these days seem to get divorced too early in general at the sign of a problem they just ditch. Personally, I don't get it... It's far more trouble to start a new relationship of that sort than it is to repair the one you have.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
How was your divorce?

Depends on which one you are speaking of.

If you have had a divorce would you care to share what it was like?

Sure.

Does it feel like the marriage was a huge mistake and waste of time, money, and energy, or does it feel like it was meant to be?

Of course at the onset, it felt like it was meant to be. Otherwise, I wouldn't have signed on for various periods of torture gotten married.

Marriage one and three resulted in a beautiful daughter from each, so while the marriages failed, I wouldn't change the fact that I had not gotten married, otherwise, I would not have been able to experience my children.

The second, however, while a learning experience, can be chalked up to a mistake and a waste of time, money, and energy.

The first was a result of indiscretion on her part. The second was a result of drug abuse on her part. The third was a result of selfishness on her part.

Not that I had anything to do with the failure of any of my marriages. I'm quite the peach to live with. Just ask me. (Ignore what my exes might have to say...they have no idea what they're talking about.) :D

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

I've often wondered what a divorce feels like. If you have had a divorce would you care to share what it was like? Does it feel like the marriage was a huge mistake and waste of time, money, and energy, or does it feel like it was meant to be?

Actually my first two marriages ended amiably by agreement. Manic Depression or something similar was a significant factor in my wives in the first two marriages. I wished at the time medical help was available and depression better understood at the time. My second marriage ended suddenly in counseling when she did not show up and left for Florida. Apparently she was unfaithful without my knowledge. It is more than coincidence that my mother suffered from similar manic depression. My present marriage is doing ok after 13 years.

to add: was raised in the Roman Church and I am not inclined to accept divorce as a solution, but because of the fallible nature of human nature and the history of problematic marriage in the real world I do not accept the prohibition of divorce believed by the Roman Church.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've never been married so I've never been divorced, but my parents did. My dad kept talking about all the women at work, and one day he questioned my mom about her and a guy where she worked, and that was it for their marriage. And I was put in the middle of it, being made into the informer and informant, and my dad became an alcoholic and my mom became emotionally and verbally abusive towards me.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
My mom was cheating on my dad while they were married. I forgive her though

My daughter never forgave her mother, which piques my curiosity. What led to this forgiveness? Did you father forgive your mother?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
My daughter never forgave her mother, which piques my curiosity. What led to this forgiveness? Did you father forgive your mother?
I forgive her because I believe she was very confused and I know now a days she is in a lot of pain and shame... I'm not so sure my father has ever forgiven her.

I try to focus on her good qualities