• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Tweet it is - fact checkers of Twitter insist mail in ballots won't have more voter fraud

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Does that even make sense?
Tweet your response below.

fact checkers" say there is "no evidence" that mail-in voting would increase fraud risks -- and that "experts say mail-in ballots are very rarely linked to voter fraud."

Twitter puts warning label on a Trump tweet on mail-in ballots, despite experts backing up Trump's concerns
Yes. Voter fraud is the Great Republican and Conservative witch hunt. Other than a few isolated incidents that have no sway on the election, theyve consistently found Rep/Con concerns are unfounded, baseless, and just really a bunch if nothing. It's been going on for years that theu scream about it, but still nothing. Justvpike they keep saying "repeal and replace" ACA, but replace with what? All these yers later, nothing.

whirlingmerc

Yes. Voter fraud is the Great Republican and Conservative witch hunt. Other than a few isolated incidents that have no sway on the election, theyve consistently found Rep/Con concerns are unfounded, baseless, and just really a bunch if nothing. It's been going on for years that theu scream about it, but still nothing. Justvpike they keep saying "repeal and replace" ACA, but replace with what? All these yers later, nothing.

The opportunity for voter fraud is sky high with mail in votes.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Hardly? There have been Rep/Cons so sure that voter fraud is so easy and so problematic they set out to prove it by committing voter fraud. They are found out and later arrested because it turns out voter fraud is actually pretty hard to do.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm somewhat disinterested in the topic, but do you think mail-in voting increases or decreases the chance for fraud compared to electronic voting booths?
What system would you prefer implemented?
Has that system suffered from voter fraud historically?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I'm somewhat disinterested in the topic, but do you think mail-in voting increases or decreases the chance for fraud compared to electronic voting booths?
Widespread mail-in voting certainly reduces the opportunity for voter suppression. That's why Republicans oppose it.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

fact checkers" say there is "no evidence" that mail-in voting would increase fraud risks -- and that "experts say mail-in ballots are very rarely linked to voter fraud."

Twitter puts warning label on a Trump tweet on mail-in ballots, despite experts backing up Trump's concerns

This is the problem with modern conservatism in a nutshell. "Pssh, people who "look at actual data" say there "isn't sufficient evidence" to conclude that this thing my team insists must be a problem is actually a problem. Forget them!"

The sooner the Right abandons this distain for fact checking and stops inventing "alternate facts" from their imagination, the better off their movement will be.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
How? You have to provide a form of ID, anyway. You have to give something like your license or ID number or the last 4 digits of your Social. I vote absentee all the time, except once when I missed the mail-in date. You even have to provide postage.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Widespread mail-in voting certainly reduces the opportunity for voter suppression. That's why Republicans oppose it.
It also has to scare them. In many Republican controlled areas, such as the red parts of California, often we find more registered Dems than Reps. If all registered voters get a ballot, this means more Dems potentially having their hands on ballots than Reps, and not facing the barriers and obstacles of long lines, times, and other burdens of traditional voting.
It may produce a mini Blue Wave in California.

esmith

Veteran Member
My Real IDwas mailed to me after showing two pieces of mail with my name on it..
Are you sure you got a Real ID since it requires more than just two pieces of mail. To start with you need at least one of the following and two pieces of mail with your name on it doesn't work.
Proof of Identity *Required

To apply for a REAL ID card, you must present ONE identity document that includes your date of birth and your true full name (first, middle, and last). Which document below will you use as your proof of identity?

• Valid, unexpired U.S. passport or passport card
  • Original or Certified copy of U.S birth certificate (issued by a city, county, or state vital statistics office). “Abbreviated” or “Abstract” certificates are NOT accepted
  • U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad or Consular Report of Birth Abroad of U.S. Citizen
  • Unexpired foreign passport with valid U.S. Visa and approved I-94 form
  • Certified copy of birth certificate from a U.S. Territory
  • Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
  • Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card
  • Valid, unexpired Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Card (I-766) or valid/expired EAD Card with Notice of Action (I-797 C)
  • Valid/expired Permanent Resident Card with Notice of Action (I-797 C) or Approval Notice (I-797)
  • Unexpired foreign passport stamped “Processed for I-551”
  • Documents reflecting TPS benefit eligibility

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
To apply for a REAL ID card, you must present ONE identity document that includes your date of birth and your true full name (first, middle, and last). Which document below will you use as your proof of identity?
Several of the documents on that list don't have photos.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

How about instead of getting indignant at people daring to question your orange idol, if you think mail in ballots lead to voter fraud, how about showing us any evidence?

Put up or shut up.