• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to tell you are successful magician

Kemble

Sometimes I wonder if I am just being an unnecessary dick or if folks keep switching around meanings. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the former, though. Gotcha.

oxen

This always stuck with me -
(i think it could have been phil hine) who maybe said..or paraphrased somebody else:
"a good magician would be capable of stealing your boy/girlfriend without leaving you feeling bad about it"
This indicates 2 areas of skill, its why i like this aphorism.
One, rudimentary knowledge of some pragmatic human psychology.
Two, is the less tangible and much more subtle.. i.e. to disengage that person's predictable emotional responses. Some might call that a glamour.
(Optional of course! Maybe you wanna leave them feeling like a bloody emotional wreck)

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I think being successful is really inviting the RHP. What do you care if by others standards you are not doing well? If you're happy with your actions and results you are successful even if the working was done with your sweat and tears rather than a couple of daggers and some chants. It is also possible to be accidentally successful in failure -- aka not understanding the scope of the problem and something doesn't work out but it is actually for the best at least in relation to your life.