• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How To Know When You Can Trust A COVID-19 Vaccine

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This deserves its own thread
How To Know When You Can Trust A COVID-19 Vaccine

Look for transparency in the data — even if you don’t go through it yourself

companies release data on their trial charters, their full statistical analysis plans, and the identities of the scientists who will review the results.

Listen to the independent reviews (with a caveat)

knowing who these people are is an important part of knowing how much we can trust their judgment. Again, transparency is key.

Be highly skeptical of anything released before the end of the year

If the trials end too early, it’s easy to end up with a vaccine that’s much less effective than you think it is. February, or even January, would be a much more realistic time frame to get a vaccine that has met basic standards of trustworthiness

Trust the experts who are being straight with you about the limitations above everyone else

we’re likely talking about something more like the flu vaccine — even if you get it, you won’t be perfectly protected.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
sign right up for the voluntary blood poisoning trials.....hmmm
I have this fantasy of a just land where the ignorant opponents of vaccination are denied coverage for related medical issues while being charged a premium for the burden that their irresponsibility poses to the country.

MNoBody

I have this fantasy of a just land where the ignorant opponents of vaccination are denied coverage for related medical issues while being charged a premium for the burden that their irresponsibility poses to the country.
if the shot works then what is to fear? those who didn't will die horribly.... oh, they aren't.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

We have rules here around being able to send your kids to childcare and primary school.
Does that go somewhat towards making us 'just'?

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

Whilst I have shared that view in the past, a vaccine which has been released without rigorous testing is potentially dangerous.
Trump is trying to force the vaccine developer to forego that final testing phase, purely because it won’t be ready in time for the election otherwise.
That is a criminal mindset IMO.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
if the shot works then what is to fear? those who didn't will die horribly.... oh, they aren't.
What a crock. 200000 have died. Unknown numbers have long-term if not permanent disabilities. The cost to the economy is in the multiple billions of dollars.

And to me dying alone with a ventilator tube shoved into you as you gasp your last in the ICU is dying horribly.

As far as I'm concerned, those who refuse to get vaccinated should sign a document that they renounce the right to have insurance pay for their care and either pony up money ahead of time or fend for themselves with no hospital help if they get sick.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
What a crock. 200000 have died. Unknown numbers have long-term if not permanent disabilities. The cost to the economy is in the multiple billions of dollars.

And to me dying alone with a ventilator tube shoved into you as you gasp your last in the ICU is dying horribly.

As far as I'm concerned, those who refuse to get vaccinated should sign a document that they renounce the right to have insurance pay for their care and either pony up money ahead of time or fend for themselves with no hospital help if they get sick.

Generations have grown up without polio or smallpox thanks to vaccines.
Unfortunately, without seeing cases of polio or smallpox in their community, they have become comfortably ignorant.

Regarding the awful death from respiratory failure, I think it is inhuman and obscene that there is a widely held view that ‘it only kills old people’ - as if their lives are of no consequence because they just aren’t cool anymore.
That is monstrously ignorant ageism from subhuman airheads.

MNoBody

and even if they do....if you got the "cure" then what do you have to be worried about.....