• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to know the true God

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Anyone who can speak the truth against convention has the Holy Spirit on his side. Filled with it? I do not know. But as I look up what "filled with holy spirit" means I can see that it means to be complete with it. Anyone who might reject a least one of Jesus Christ is not complete with the Holy Spirit imho.

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks...

Savagewind; Thatnks mate for the support and the endoresement...Much appreciated :)

Anyone who might reject a least one of Jesus Christ is not complete with the Holy Spirit imho.

Amen - here is truth..

First Baseman; Am I personally filled with the Holy Spirit..?....Hmmmm - how to respond without getting your anger up again - tricky - but I will have to say - YES for sure I have that inner communion that He taught about - thats why I first, know it IS legitimate - and second of course, why I can explain it and speak of it openly with confidence...This commnunion is REAL Folks - not woo woo supernatural mystikal - a LIVING process of SELF TRANSFORMATION...Available to everyone right now, regardless of your mortal station in life - no matter who you are - no matter your lifestyle - a direct inner connection mortal mind to Divine Source ( as far as we can push our Self to attain) - without this inner guide He said there will always be this outer confusion in the world - and He does indeed PROMISE - follow Him - understand Him, and NONE shall ever be lost - none shall ever be rejected...

No bible - no priest - no religion - no guru - NO MIDDLEMAN INTERMEDIARY AT ALL - I and the Father Become ONE - for those with ears ot hear...

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
God is not only omnipotent and omnipresent, but omniscient as well. The following verses prove of His being omniscient:
Isaiah 43:9, 12
Isaiah 44:7-8
Isaiah 45:21
Isaiah 46:10
Isaiah 47:13
Isaiah 48:3, 5-8
So, since He always knows what is going to happen, then He knew Adam and Eve would sin, and we can blame Him for all the problems humans have.

But I have a question: why would He say that He had regrets? Why would He say that Israel "pained" Him? Is He a sadomasochist?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
1. Not omnipotent because there are things the true God can Not do. God can Not lie, steal, cheat, etc - Titus 1:2; Hebrews 6:18
2. Not omnipresent because God has a specific location, a specific home, according to 1 Kings 8:30; 1 Kings 8:39; 1 Kings 8:49. Our Father which art ( located ) in ' Heaven '.
3. Not omniscient because God gifted mankind with free-will choices. So, God does Not interfere with what WE decide WE want to do. God does Not force us to serve or Not serve Him.

Hockeycowboy: any comments on the ^ above ^ verses ?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
But I have a question: why would He say that He had regrets? Why would He say that Israel "pained" Him? Is He a sadomasochist?

God feeling regret does Not mean regret in making us, rather regret as in being the opposite of feeling satisfaction or rejoicing.
What God then regretted was that after He made people that their conduct became so evil that it forced His hand to take the needed action of Noah's day.
Please remember Ezekiel 33:11 that God takes No delight in the death of the wicked.
We all have the freedom to act responsibly toward God's standards which we can apply for good or for bad.
When bad that is what causes God regrets.
We are all ' clay ' and we present oneself to the ' Great Potter ' as either being clay that can be molded, or clay that is hard or impossible to work with.
So, instead of God being pained (paining God) we can return to God - Zechariah 8:3; Malachi 3:7 - and God will change from feeling regret to feeling joyful.
- Luke 15:10; Ezekiel 18:32
God willingly forgives the repentant ones - 2 Peter 3:9 - so that they will Not ' perish ' (be destroyed) but gain everlasting life, some to heaven, most on Earth - Revelation 22:2

peacecrusader888

So, since He always knows what is going to happen, then He knew Adam and Eve would sin, and we can blame Him for all the problems humans have.

God knows everything, that is why He is omniscient. There really were Adam and Eve, not as we know, but Adam is our spirit and Eve is our physical body. And God gave the free will to man to do what is good and what is evil (Genesis 3:22). Genesis 6:5 states: "And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." He destroyed man with a flood and only Noah and his family were saved.

Where in the Holy Bible does it says that 'Israel "pained" Him'? He is not sadomasochist. Man looses love of God but God always loves man. He gives another chance to people by reincarnating them, that is why we know only of second death. The Bible does not mention first death, only second death. This maybe our last incarnation on this earth, so we better change now our wrong belief and our wrong and evil ways. Come back to God.

peacecrusader888

God feeling regret does Not mean regret in making us, rather regret as in being the opposite of feeling satisfaction or rejoicing.
What God then regretted was that after He made people that their conduct became so evil that it forced His hand to take the needed action of Noah's day.
Please remember Ezekiel 33:11 that God takes No delight in the death of the wicked.

We all have the freedom to act responsibly toward God's standards which we can apply for good or for bad.
We are all ' clay ' and we present oneself to the ' Great Potter ' as either being clay that can be molded, or clay that is hard or impossible to work with.
So, instead of God being pained (paining God) we can return to God - Zechariah 8:3; Malachi 3:7 - and God will change from feeling regret to feeling joyful.
God willingly forgives the repentant ones - 2 Peter 3:9 - so that they will Not ' perish ' (be destroyed) but gain everlasting life, some to heaven, most on Earth - Revelation 22:2

God will forgive the sincere repentant sinners. So when we repent, be sincere and avoid sinning to God anymore. If, for example, you say bad words and ask for forgiveness from God, and you repeat it all the time, do you think God will forgive you? You may be playing with God, and He knows it.

Where did you get that God will grant "everlasting life, some to heaven, most on Earth - Revelation 22:2"? On Judgment Day, we will be given our sentence - either we go to Heaven or we go to Hell. And that's it. Revelation 21:1.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
God knows everything, that is why He is omniscient. There really were Adam and Eve, not as we know, but Adam is our spirit and Eve is our physical body. And God gave the free will to man to do what is good and what is evil (Genesis 3:22). Genesis 6:5 states: "And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." He destroyed man with a flood and only Noah and his family were saved.

Where in the Holy Bible does it says that 'Israel "pained" Him'? He is not sadomasochist. Man looses love of God but God always loves man. He gives another chance to people by reincarnating them, that is why we know only of second death. The Bible does not mention first death, only second death. This maybe our last incarnation on this earth, so we better change now our wrong belief and our wrong and evil ways. Come back to God.

Oh my goodness, where to start?!

First off, Psalms 78:40-41 (NASB):"40How often they rebelled against Him in the wilderness And grieved Him in the desert! 41Again and again they tempted God, And pained the Holy One of Israel."
Plus, continue reading Genesis 6....'God felt regret.'

Regarding Adam and Eve, Jesus said they were real....please read Matthew 19:4-6. (This is also good to show that, for Christians, we don't believe in common descent....Adam and Eve were directly created, as the Genesis account states.)

Take care, cousin!

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Just so you know.... I was playing the devil's advocate.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
God will forgive the sincere repentant sinners. So when we repent, be sincere and avoid sinning to God anymore. If, for example, you say bad words and ask for forgiveness from God, and you repeat it all the time, do you think God will forgive you? You may be playing with God, and He knows it.
Where did you get that God will grant "everlasting life, some to heaven, most on Earth - Revelation 22:2"? On Judgment Day, we will be given our sentence - either we go to Heaven or we go to Hell. And that's it. Revelation 21:1.

First of all, to which ' hell ' are you referring, the Bible's temporary hell, or the permanent 'non-biblical hell' of forever torture ? ________
Second, to which judgement day are you referring? Jesus' millennium-long judgement day over Earth, or the soon coming judgement day of Matthew 25:31-33,37 ? __________
Third, doesn't Revelation 21:1 speak of both Heaven and Earth ? _____ New Earth as mentioned at 2 Peter 3:13 ? ______ Where is any ' hell ' mentioned at Revelation 21 ?

Where are we introduced to the ' tree of life ' but in Genesis. Don't we see the 'return' of the Genesis ' tree of life ' on Earth according to Revelation 22:2 ?_______
Doesn't Jesus fulfill God's promise to father Abraham that ALL families of Earth will be blessed - Genesis 12:3, and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed - Genesis 22:18 ?
Blessed with the benefit of healing for earth's nations - Revelation 22:2, then there will be No more death on Earth - Revelation 21:4-5; Isaiah 25:8; 1 Corinthians 15:26.
No death on Earth means everlasting life on Earth for righteous mankind.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Bible does not mention first death, only second death. This maybe our last incarnation on this earth, so we better change now our wrong belief and our wrong and evil ways. Come back to God.

The definition of the lake of fire is: second death - Revelation 20:13-14 - Satan ends up in ' second death ' - Revelation 21:8; Hebrews 2:14 B
Initially, death resulted from, and passed down to us, through Adam's sinning - Romans 5:12
Since the dead are to be resurrected - Revelation 1:18; John 11:42-44 - then adamic death ( inherited 'first' death ) is distinct from 'second death '.
There is No resurrection, No release, from ' second death ' - Matthew 12:32; Hebrews 6:4-6
Those having part in the first resurrection from the dead, or earlier resurrection from the dead, have their crown of life in heaven - Revelation 20:6; 2:10; 5:9-10
Whereas the majority of mankind will have a happy-and-healthy physical fleshly resurrection being restored back to gain everlasting life on a beautiful paradisical Earth.
- Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:10-11; Psalms 37:29; Proverbs 2:21-22

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
First of all, to which ' hell ' are you referring, the Bible's temporary hell, or the permanent 'non-biblical hell' of forever torture ? ________
Second, to which judgement day are you referring? Jesus' millennium-long judgement day over Earth, or the soon coming judgement day of Matthew 25:31-33,37 ? __________
Third, doesn't Revelation 21:1 speak of both Heaven and Earth ? _____ New Earth as mentioned at 2 Peter 3:13 ? ______ Where is any ' hell ' mentioned at Revelation 21 ?

Where are we introduced to the ' tree of life ' but in Genesis. Don't we see the 'return' of the Genesis ' tree of life ' on Earth according to Revelation 22:2 ?_______
Doesn't Jesus fulfill God's promise to father Abraham that ALL families of Earth will be blessed - Genesis 12:3, and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed - Genesis 22:18 ?
Blessed with the benefit of healing for earth's nations - Revelation 22:2, then there will be No more death on Earth - Revelation 21:4-5; Isaiah 25:8; 1 Corinthians 15:26.
No death on Earth means everlasting life on Earth for righteous mankind.
Excellent reply! Some other great Scriptures: Isaiah 45:18; Isaiah 11:6-9; Matthew 5:5; and don't forget Revelation 21:3, "the tent of God is with mankind......"!

Take care.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Excellent reply! Some other great Scriptures: Isaiah 45:18; Isaiah 11:6-9; Matthew 5:5; and don't forget Revelation 21:3, "the tent of God is with mankind......"!
Take care.

Very observant point ^ above ^ that God's 'tent' (of dwelling) will be with mankind - Revelation 21:3.
We already know God's heavenly abode is for angelic creation, and that God granted Earth to mankind - Psalms 115:16
And through Christ's millennial reign over Earth mankind will see on Earth the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' for the healing of earth's nations - Revelation 22:2
You also, take care - Matthew 24:13

rusra02

Premium Member
John 17:3 states: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." So there is only one true God. How do we know that the god we worship is the true God? He must have the three following attributes:
1. Omnipotent - having all power; almighty
2. Omnipresent - present everywhere at the same time
3. Omniscient - knowing everything, including what happened in the past and knowing what will happen in the future.

If you were to worship a god, be sure that He is the true God.
Can you provide Scriptural evidence that the true God is Omnipresent? And that God chooses to know everything that will happen in the future?

peacecrusader888

Can you provide Scriptural evidence that the true God is Omnipresent? And that God chooses to know everything that will happen in the future?

The God that I worship is omnipresent. Genesis 3:22 states: "And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever." Man is given the free will to do good and evil.

The God that I worship is omniscient. He knows everything that will happen in the future. Please read what I wrote before about the challenge of the true God to the false gods. World War III will start in the middle of the year on a Wednesday from Spratly Islands.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The God that I worship is omnipresent. Genesis 3:22 states: "And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever." Man is given the free will to do good and evil.
The God that I worship is omniscient. He knows everything that will happen in the future. Please read what I wrote before about the challenge of the true God to the false gods. World War III will start in the middle of the year on a Wednesday from Spratly Islands.

True, God does know the final outcome - Isaiah 46:10; Revelation 22:2, but as to who will be part of that outcome is an unknown number as the sands of the seashore are unknown because they can't be measured - Revelation 20:8 B; Jeremiah 33:22
If the final outcome for mankind was known in advance then there would be No reason for Jesus to come and act as judge separating people at the time of separation on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33,37.
So, God knows the Earth abides forever - Ecclesiastes 1:4 B; Psalms 96:10; 1 Chronicles 16:30; Jeremiah 10:11-12, but as to who will be part of everlasting life on Earth is still unknown. We need to endure faithfully - Matthew 24:13 - so as Not to end up like the people of Hebrews 6:4-6.

meghanwaterlillies

Hi Folks...

A very interesting question...

You know John above who is quoted..?...Well - He also wrote OTHER gospels that the church then banned as "herasy" - go figure - one minute he is SAINT John - but the next he is "satan spawn writing herasy"...lol...

And look - the BIBLE version of his gospel - is not even written by HIM at all - freely admitted by the catholics who manufactured the Bible...They literally "made up" the canon - like cut n paste - from HUNDREDS of other pre existant manuscripts that they then wittled them down to a bare handful of books, told us this was the ONLY permitted "truth" - and promptly went about destroying all traces of the original truth, manuscripts , direct teaching by Christ - destroyed it wherever they found it - tortured and murdered any and all who understood Him - and so affectively silence Christ and replaced His legitimate truth with bogus "catholic doctrine" which was forced upon the world under Romes military dominance..

You should ask yourselves here - WHY did they do that at all..?...The answer is obviously that the original gospels - written and claimed directly BY the disciples - have some very very DAMNING thtings to say about not only the Jewish religion - but also about the god itself directly...

Christ - actually has no affiliation to that god at all - told us quite plainly that it was lying and decievng us - claiming authority over us that it has no actual Divine rights to claim - it is NOT superior He said - NOT the FATHER that He alone teaches is of..

So - the question - how to know the TRUE god - simply cannot even be answered from within the bible - for that book is a manufactured written AGENDA aimed at keeping a much lesser (semi) divine entity in bogus position of authority over us mortals - its more like a political manifesto for election rather than a book of eternal spiritual truth - the bible is at best - a twisting of original truth - and in some places - an outright deception designed to keep you all subjugate TO that bogus authority..

Original truth from Christ does still exist !! Conatined in original gosples that the church then forbad you to hold or know - forbad on PAIN OF DEATH - and of course - we need then ask the hard question here - WHY did they first MURDER Christ..?? and WHY did they then go on to seek out all those who knew His truth, and silence them also..??....WHAT was said by him that threatened their established authority so much, and so DIRECTLY - that they found it necassary to MURDER and torture..??..

The simple truth as HE said it plainly - your god, Yahweh of the Jews - is NOT my Father He told them..It is merely an Angel that is coveting power and thus deceiving you into false obediance..He then provbed His Divine status, by performing,as we know, MIRACLEs - but look - NO priest of Yahweh can do what HE does..I will be glad to explain in depth - but for now - realise, they were THREATENED by His truth - and use that as the basis here - and it becomes VERY obvios why they were threatened, when we ACTUALLY go look at that original truth in those original gospels - plain for all to see - we find Christ speaking of an entirely new and unknown legitimate Divine spirit - and alongside He explains where this lesser trickster Angel comes from,and how we ended up in this confusion.....

Instead of the bible version - go read the original gospel that John wrote and DIRECTLY CLAIMED - within,we find a complete narrative and can immediatly see the deception begin...Or actually - read any and all tomes that the church banned as "herasy" and within you will see clear reasons why they do that - the god THEY serve is no way the same spirit that Christ alone teaches us of..I do so hate to quote scripture - but here is some that shows you directly what I mean here.. - from JUDAS - Christ is about to explain the layout of Creation itself - and He stars thus :

Thats pretty clear isnt it..??..

He just told Judas that He is revealing SECRETS that no mortal has EVER even comprehended before - and that no ANGEL ABOVE either has ever known before - secrets from a "great and boundless realm" that NONE BEFORE HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED - and likewise SECRETS of an great invisible spirit, that none before have ever encountered and thus it has NO NAME !!

Understand then - these truths He is revealing - absolutely NO WAY - can that be about Yahweh of the Jews - can it..??...He is VERY CLEAR - He is from an entirely UNKNOWN and fully Divine SOURCE of ALL Creation - and He says the lesser god of the Jews is deceiving us and holding us dominated - for this reason they murdered him - silenced His truth for centuries to come, protected their own power and status at the direct expense of legitimate universal, spiritual truths - with held that from us and literally enforced the domination of Yahweh upon us all instead..

And so I say clearly - we cannot come to know the truth of the Divine by the bible alone - it is a tool used against us in a scheme of spiritual domination..Read instead the ORIGINAL teachngs of Christ,and it will all become very clear indeed...
Instead of the bible version - go read the original gospel that John wrote and DIRECTLY CLAIMED I definitely like that part of your post