• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to Get Energy Back?

We Never Know

No Slack
I am looking for advice on how to get my energy back to normal after having covid from last week. I find myself getting tired really easily. Yesterday I was just grocery shopping for about an hour and was ready to go home.

Try some vitamins.

From sources across the web vitamins that help build energy...

Vitamin B12
Vitamin D
Vitamin C
Magnesium
Vitamin B6
Thiamine
Vitamin B3
Vitamin B2

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
When I got Covid, there was nothing I could really do to get energy back except just let my body heal. I worked little by little, and did what I could.

It was really frustrating, though, and I remember being too burned out to do a thing more, and lamenting how much more I would have to do to make up for the lost time...

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
I am looking for advice on how to get my energy back to normal after having covid from last week. I find myself getting tired really easily. Yesterday I was just grocery shopping for about an hour and was ready to go home.
It does take time. Probably took me about three weeks to a month before feeling back to normal energy levels. I suggest getting extra sleep, if possible, Vitamin C, D3, K2, B-vitamin complex, lots of water and teas.
Hope you get your energy back soon.

InChrist

Free4ever
When I got Covid, there was nothing I could really do to get energy back except just let my body heal. I worked little by little, and did what I could.

It was really frustrating, though, and I remember being too burned out to do a thing more, and lamenting how much more I would have to do to make up for the lost time...
Exactly how I felt.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
The main thing that worries me is how it has been affecting me trying to work. I felt ok for the most part today until I went in to work and didn't stay long. My workplace has been pretty good and gracious . I am concerned about if I still have these issues and possible negative perception from my managers and concern over
potential repercussions.
My God, that is awful. May you recover soon!

rational experiences

Veteran Member
You haven't lost energy.

You drink lots oxygenated water.
You eat food.

Biology's energy.

You live you get bodily attacked and your immune system is overloaded by the viral attack.

We can be thankful that science didn't know what it believed it did. As we're still living.

One day humans might just go back to living natural human life. As just a human. We can only hope.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I think you are worrying too soon. With Covid you have to expect to have bouts of tiredness for several weeks. We all had a bit of that. It doesn’t mean you have long covid. You need to listen to your body, keep moderately active but don’t try to “push through” the tiredness or you will make it worse. It should gradually go away, but don’t try to rush it. Covid is not like just another flu. It takes time to recover fully.

If you are still struggling after a month, then I would see a doctor for advice.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

My brother in law had it early this year. He has recovered well enough but sometimes has a nap in the afternoon (great if you can do that) because of lack of energy. He does take a daily vitamin tablet and some nights he takes a herbal sleeping/anti stress tablet.

Over the months he improves a little but still lacks his full quota of energy. The main thing is time.

Maybe a 10 minute nap during a break at work can help. And/or herbal (or otherwise) anti stress tablet at night to help with the teeth grinding.

Ella S.

*temp banned*
Rest and exercise.

Resting restores energy, exercise helps you slowly build up a "larger capacity" for energy.

Aside from that, time. You may never fully recover the energy you used to have. We also lose our ability to store and maintain our energy with age, too. Loss of energy is a natural part of life.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Rest and exercise.

Resting restores energy, exercise helps you slowly build up a "larger capacity" for energy.

Aside from that, time. You may never fully recover the energy you used to have. We also lose our ability to store and maintain our energy with age, too. Loss of energy is a natural part of life.
I think that is a bit too gloomy, to be honest. Most of the people I know who, like me - and apparently like @Psalm23 - had it mildly, have recovered fully after a month or two.

My experience was almost identical to that of a 25yr old woman who worked in my brother's medical practice. Both of us felt fine, would get on the bike to cycle to the shops and back - and would then be laid out, with no energy, the following day! This went on for a fortnight or so and gradually diminished. (I lost my sense of taste and smell for several weeks as well, but that's another story).

The people that get long term effects seem to be generally (though not always, admittedly) those who have had it badly enough to go to hospital, i.e. where it got seriously into their lungs.