• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to Get Energy Back?

Psalm23

I am looking for advice on how to get my energy back to normal after having covid from last week. I find myself getting tired really easily. Yesterday I was just grocery shopping for about an hour and was ready to go home.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
My wife had Covid 2 years ago. She still hasn't recovered her energy.

What I'm trying to say is. It takes time. There is no magic button.

Just be easy on yourself.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I never had covid but I know what sickness is like. And I know what it's like to tire easy. Rest. If it's needed rest. Take time to recover. You may need help from others. That's fine. Just don't push yourself too hard.

Psalm23

My wife had Covid 2 years ago. She still hasn't recovered her energy.

What I'm trying to say is. It takes time. There is no magic button.

Just be easy on yourself.

The main thing that worries me is how it has been affecting me trying to work. I felt ok for the most part today until I went in to work and didn't stay long. My workplace has been pretty good and gracious . I am concerned about if I still have these issues and possible negative perception from my managers and concern over
potential repercussions.

VoidCat

The main thing that worries me is how it has been affecting me trying to work. I felt ok for the most part today until I went in to work and didn't stay long. My workplace has been pretty good and gracious . I am concerned about if I still have these issues and possible negative perception from my managers and concern over
potential repercussions.
That would be ableist of your managers to fire you solely cuz of this. Due to covid you are having long term problems. This means you have a disability due to illness. The ADA protects you a bit. I suggest getting a note from your doctor of possible accomadations you may need if you wish to get them(might help you out tons depending on what you may need. Like if you lack the energy they could give you less work as an accomadation) bringing the ADA up with the manager and showing them the note. They can't break the ADA if you ask for reasonable accomadations due to disability.

If they discriminate against you in any way due to any issues you may have due to illness while you recover then take it up to higher up or HR

Last edited:

Psalm23

That would be ableist of your managers to fire you solely cuz of this. Due to covid you are having long term problems. This means you have a disability due to illness. The ADA protects you a bit. I suggest getting a note from your doctor of possible accomadations you may need if you wish to get them(might help you out tons depending on what you may need. Like if you lack the energy they could give you less work as an accomadation) bringing the ADA up with the manager and showing them the note. They can't break the ADA if you ask for reasonable accomadations due to disability.

If they discriminate against you in any way due to any issues you may have due to illness while you recover then take it up to higher up or HR

They haven't mentioned anything about getting rid of me ... I tend to worry about different scenarios. I have considered getting a doctor's note. Thank you.

VoidCat

They haven't mentioned anything about getting rid of me ... I tend to worry about different scenarios. I have considered getting a doctor's note. Thank you.
@Psalm23
Assuming you are nondisabled or havent been in a situation like this... Which could be wrong assumptions

You and many others due to covid are starting to realize what it's like being disabled and trying to live life. Asking for sick leave a lot longer then what your boss may want if you get sick. Asking for accomdations due to said sickness. Worrying about get fired unjustly due to something you can't help. Understanding the ER system a bit more. Resting if needed, depending more on others while recovering. Even wearing a mask, being stuck at home not going anywhere, and social distancing is stuff chronically ill folk have done long before covid.

Not that that's that important but it's interesting to note and something I just thought about.

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
New My wife had Covid 2 years ago. She still hasn't recovered her energy.

Sorry to read that. If you don't mind my asking, was she vaccinated at the time? I worry about the possibility of long COVID, especially since vaccines reduce its probability but don't completely remove the chance of its happening.

I know the prevalent strain two years ago was more virulent and severe on average than Omicron, though.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I am looking for advice on how to get my energy back to normal after having covid from last week. I find myself getting tired really easily. Yesterday I was just grocery shopping for about an hour and was ready to go home.

I would say go easy on yourself and, as has already been suggested, look into getting a note from your doctor in case you need days off work. I'd also discuss with your doctors whether a vaccine (if you haven't already had one) or a booster could help. Basically, I'd look into all available options.

Best of luck with this. I hope you recover your energy soon.

VoidCat

I just realized I assumed you were american in writing this cuz i could've sworn somewhere you said you were. But if that is an incorrect assumption and im thinking of the wrong person then the ADA doesn't apply so just know many countries do have laws protecting disabled folk and you may be protected under them.

Psalm23

I just realized I assumed you were american in writing this cuz i could've sworn somewhere you said you were. But if that is an incorrect assumption and im thinking of the wrong person then the ADA doesn't apply so just know many countries do have laws protecting disabled folk and you may be protected under them.

You are correct. I live in the United States.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
If spend more than 20 minutes in the grocery store, I'm ready to climb the wall, but I don't think that is an energy thing. I just don't enjoy shopping that much.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Do you get plenty of sleep and is it good quality?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Sorry to read that. If you don't mind my asking, was she vaccinated at the time? I worry about the possibility of long COVID, especially since vaccines reduce its probability but don't completely remove the chance of its happening.

I know the prevalent strain two years ago was more virulent and severe on average than Omicron, though.

No, she didn't have the vaccine. It didn't exist when she got sick, it was first released a couple months after she got out of the hospital. She caught whatever strain was prevalent in 2020 of Nov.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I usually sleep ok . I tend to grind my teeth though. I have got up in the middle of the night before but tend to go back to sleep quickly.
I have sleep issues and that can leave you feeling drained, confused and host of other symptoms. It took me a long time to find someone that could tell me what was wrong. Now that I have gotten treatment, I have much better energy. I find that it builds on itself like success. The more energetic I feel the more I do and the better I feel and better I sleep.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
No, she didn't have the vaccine. It didn't exist when she got sick, it was first released a couple months after she got out of the hospital. She caught whatever strain was prevalent in 2020 of Nov.
I wondered if that might have been too early for the availability of the vaccine.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I usually sleep ok . I tend to grind my teeth though. I have got up in the middle of the night before but tend to go back to sleep quickly.
Teeth grinding sounds like tension. It may be helpful to find something that relaxes you before you sleep. It is not something I have dealt with, but my father had the issue and it was attributed to tension and stress. Which can make you tired and less energetic.

I'm no expert at this. Just tossing around a few ideas that hopefully might help.