• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to defeat Donald Trump thread

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
I am a libertarian, socially liberal and economically a conservative. I am no fool and I don't trust any politician as far as I can throw them, however, I do think Donald Trump sincerely cares about America and becoming president is his way of "giving back". I say give him a chance, he might surprise us... in a good way.
Anyone against: Mexicans, Muslims and Chinese is not fit to be President. Trump is ignorant at best. I am concerned to see his worst.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Anyone against: Mexicans, Muslims and Chinese is not fit to be President. Trump is ignorant at best. I am concerned to see his worst.

Donald Trump isn't against anybody; his policy is lower taxes and less regulations on American businesses so they don't outsource their jobs to foreign countries, and bringing jobs and wealth back to the US. And also to prevent other nations from taking advantage of our good will as they have for several decades. Radical Islamic terrorism is a problem now days and posses a real threat to Western civilization.

Mr. Trump for sure is not ignorant or stupid.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I simply cannot understand why anyone would vote for such a person? I'm very far from being a Hillary fan, but compared to Trump she's a saint.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Donald Trump isn't against anybody; his policy is lower taxes and less regulations on American businesses so they don't outsource their jobs to foreign countries, and bringing jobs and wealth back to the US. And also to prevent other nations from taking advantage of our good will as they have for several decades. Radical Islamic terrorism is a problem now days and posses a real threat to Western civilization.

Mr. Trump for sure is not ignorant or stupid.

We've seem it before, racism and nationalism disguised in other forms. Trump is already a master, and he's just getting started.

If he had stuck to the economic issues he would have been fine, but he couldn't help himself. Bigots are drawn to xenophobia and can't resist.

If Trump is not ignorant or stupid it is worse.

metis

We've seem it before, racism and nationalism disguised in other forms. Trump is already a master, and he's just getting started.

If he had stuck to the economic issues he would have been fine, but he couldn't help himself. Bigots are drawn to xenophobia and can't resist.

If Trump is not ignorant or stupid it is worse.
In regards to that, check this out and tell me what you think: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

metis

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I simply cannot understand why anyone would vote for such a person? I'm very far from being a Hillary fan, but compared to Trump she's a saint.
To me, this has nothing to do with saintliness. I don't want a saintly President, any more than I would want to have a saintly lawyer to represent me in court.

To me it's like this.
Suppose my car needs work done. I've got three choices. One is my super smart brother inlaw, who will tell me about all the books he's read about auto engineering and such.
One is a shady character who has had a repair garage for years. I know a lot of people who felt overcharged and under served. But she has kept a lot of cars running.
One is my 9 y/o relative who brashly asserts, "I can fix anything. That's a wrench right there, Amirite?! Show me where the hood latch is and then get out of my way".

That is how I see Sanders, Clinton, and Trump respectively. I will pick the mechanic, even though she cheated me out of $75 back in the late 90s. I think she is better than the other options.
Tom

metis

To me, this has nothing to do with saintliness. I don't want a saintly President, any more than I would want to have a saintly lawyer to represent me in court.

To me it's like this.
Suppose my car needs work done. I've got three choices. One is my super smart brother inlaw, who will tell me about all the books he's read about auto engineering and such.
One is a shady character who has had a repair garage for years. I know a lot of people who felt overcharged and under served. But she has kept a lot of cars running.
One is my 9 y/o relative who brashly asserts, "I can fix anything. That's a wrench right there, Amirite?! Show me where the hood latch is and then get out of my way".

That is how I see Sanders, Clinton, and Trump respectively. I will pick the mechanic, even though she cheated me out of $75 back in the late 90s. I think she is better than the other options.
Tom
I would prefer to have one who is smart, experienced, and saintly, but in politics that's not likely to be found. Therefore, I hear ya. I'd rather have Bernie, but I'll take Hillary any day over the Donald.

metis

And then there's his "Pocahontas" comment when referring to Elizabeth Warren, and even after he was told by a Native American reporter that this was offensive to Amerindians, he just repeated it again. However, this won't bother those that are bigoted and who plan on voting for Trump.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
And then there's his "Pocahontas" comment when referring to Elizabeth Warren, and even after he was told by a Native American reporter that this was offensive to Amerindians, he just repeated it again. However, this won't bother those that are bigoted and who plan on voting for Trump.
Reminiscent of 1933 Germany.

metis

Reminiscent of 1933 Germany.
When I returned from studying the Holocaust here in the States, and in Poland and in Israel back in 1991, I decided to study the NAZI propaganda machine that Goebbels bragged about making the Third Reich, so I went through many English-translated copies of Der Sturmer. Keeping that in mind, when I listen to Trump, the parallels are truly scary.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
When I returned from studying the Holocaust here in the States, and in Poland and in Israel back in 1991, I decided to study the NAZI propaganda machine that Goebbels bragged about making the Third Reich, so I went through many English-translated copies of Der Sturmer. Keeping that in mind, when I listen to Trump, the parallels are truly scary.
Yes. Trump knows the buttons he is pushing, and he is pushing them purposely.

However, there are two differences between the present day US and 1933 Germany. The first is Separation of Powers and the second is the Second Amendment.

Having said that, the wisdom of "Never Again" must be kept in mind.

Do you see other similarities or differences to 1933 Germany ?

metis

Yes. Trump knows the buttons he is pushing, and he is pushing them purposely.

However, there are two differences between the present day US and 1933 Germany. The first is Separation of Powers and the second is the Second Amendment.

Having said that, the wisdom of "Never Again" must be kept in mind.

Do you see other similarities or differences to 1933 Germany ?
The demonizing of "the other" as being "not true ___". Making fun of "the other". The use of showmanship to display supposed strength. Commenting on any violence as being proof that "the other" are the real culprits. Strong appeals to nativism and patriotism. Heavy pandering to the "true patriots", using the we/they approach.

And it doesn't stop there.