• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to defeat Donald Trump thread

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I just got off the phone with my super-genius actuary brother. He said if Ted Cruz or Marc Rubio dropped out now, Donald Trump would still win.

However, in an interesting system, if everyone wrote down their favorite candidates in order, and they dropped off the candidates one by one and took their voters to their next choices, Donald Trump would lose. That would definitely be a better representation of the American Republic, but we would need a constitutional amendment I think.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Don't feel bad if you, like me, thought about wanting to stop Donald Trump too late. He was masterful at being underestimated by his enemies so that they wouldn't attack him. Probably the biggest thing anyone could have said to attack him was that he was masterful at being underestimated by his enemies so that they wouldn't attack him.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
If you say he can’t build the wall when he says he can for instance, regardless of the truth, you are calling him stupid which, whatever his stance, he is not.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
For instance, did you know that Hillary's tax plan raises taxes $1 trillion over 10 years on the rich and lowers the deficit by $1 trillion over ten years? Donald Trump wants $10 trillion in tax breaks over 10 years, mostly on the rich, and new business stimulus could nowhere near compete with that. (Nightly Business Report today).

But no, Donald already knows that. So I'm the troll, not him. He is a man of many hats.

Last edited:

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
How are we feeling tonight ? Are we ok with Trump being the presumptive Repobo nominee ? Do we think Trump would be a dictator if he wins ?

Noa

How are we feeling tonight ? Are we ok with Trump being the presumptive Repobo nominee ? Do we think Trump would be a dictator if he wins ?

I am quite happy he is the nominee.

And if he did win, which he won't unless something catastrophic happens on the Democratic side, he would be a loud, do nothing president. The problem with talking big in campaigns is that when you are in office you have to deal with Congress if you want to get anything done. Trump would be horrible at cooperating and getting anything done.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The key to beating Trump is to not stay home on election day. I say this because liberals are known for staying home, and people not showing up because it's a "sure thing" Trump will loose will be the ones who give him the White House if he wins.
Personally, I'd rather see Trump than Cruz in. Cruz because his deeply Conservative ways have posed a threat to civil rights in Texas. Trump, on the other hand, won't be able to get anything and his bullying won't be tolerated by Congress.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

If Clinton wins the Democratic nomination, I'd almost not care whether it's Clinton or Trump in the White House. Almost.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If Clinton wins the Democratic nomination, I'd almost not care whether it's Clinton or Trump in the White House. Almost.
The main reason I would rather see H. Clinton in office is the potential to swing the Supreme Court to the Left. If she gets it and appoints just one Supreme Court justice, marriage equality will not be threatened, it will become concrete that ditching the ACA will be impossible and working to improve it will be the only options, and just because the less religion is involved with politics the better. I don't like her being corporate friendly or pro-war, but at least a Left leaning Supreme Court may potentially allow for more effort being spent into fighting against such positions if that energy isn't being spent on trying to preserve some recent gains in social policy.
And I can't help but think of the comical gold that will come out of the "first lady" jokes B. Clinton is going to be bombarded with. It may even knock him down a few pegs.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Paul Ryan announced today that he is not yet ready to endorse Trump...hehe. The Trump announced he is not ready to endorse Ryan's agenda..hehe. You gotta love it !!

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Frankly I'm scared but I don't know what to say to make this juggernaut lose.

I've got to break it to you folks, Donald Trump will be the 45th president of the United States. He is a master Chaos Magickian (whether he realizes it or not) and against his will no creature of the media or political world may stand.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
I've got to break it to you folks, Donald Trump will be the 45th president of the United States. He is a master Chaos Magickian (whether he realizes it or not) and against his will no creature of the media or political world may stand.
Hehe... Are you a liberal ? I agree Trump is a master of chaos. Lets hope the devil is not operating the Trump machine. We've seen it before in Germany.

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Hehe... Are you a liberal ? I agree Trump is a master of chaos. Lets hope the devil is not operating the Trump machine. We've seen it before in Germany.

I am a social liberal, and the devil is always in the details. I very much doubt it will be like the 1930's-40's Germany.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
I am a social liberal, and the devil is always in the details. I very much doubt it will be like the 1930's-40's Germany.
A social liberal.....seems I've heard that before. And you are certainly correct, the devil's in the details. And no crime ever repeats itself identically. That's why we have to watch this election so carefully and vigilantly. Me thinks we smell a rat with a hair flap.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
A social liberal.....seems I've heard that before. And you are certainly correct, the devil's in the details. And no crime ever repeats itself identically. That's why we have to watch this election so carefully and vigilantly. Me thinks we smell a rat with a hair flap.

I am a libertarian, socially liberal and economically a conservative. I am no fool and I don't trust any politician as far as I can throw them, however, I do think Donald Trump sincerely cares about America and becoming president is his way of "giving back". I say give him a chance, he might surprise us... in a good way.