• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How should the Christian Church treat homosexuals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fester

That is not true. God is very loving.
I agree. And I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the ones who presume to condemn homosexuals in God's name seldom, if ever, speak of God as a loving and forgiving God. I even raised the subject a couple of times, and was ignored.

yourgraceisenough

I agree. And I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the ones who presume to condemn homosexuals in God's name seldom, if ever, speak of God as a loving and forgiving God. I even raised the subject a couple of times, and was ignored.

God is also Just, he must Judge sin, he can't just turn a blind eye and let it go...:)

sin is sin and God's love for us gave a way for that sin to be forgiven completely and forever and that way is to repent and accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour...:)

yourgraceisenough

Lol! And yet, when you make the assertion that homosexuality is a choice, you do not feel you need to prove it. How nice it must be to be you.

homosexuality being a choice does not change the fact it is a sin according to the bible so even if I agreed with you, the fact remains God's word says it's a sin, you must repent from your sins to be saved...:)

Fester

I follow the word as I see it doesn't everyone, if you check out scripture, keep it in context, check it harmonises with other scripture, listen to the Holy spirit you will get it right...:)
You're preaching to the choir now. And yet, we still disagree. How do you explain that?

Fester

Jesus never contradicts the word, the word says God put man and woman together to fill the Earth, God ordained marriage to be one man and woman...:)

some people to day marry their pets and declare their love for that pet do you think the word of God should be compromised because they love each other...:)
There were people who thought the word of God was "compromised" when women were given the right to vote. There were people who thought the word of God was "compromised" when interracial marriage was no longer shunned. And n ow it's homosexuality. Same ****, different day.

A

angellous_evangellous

the divinity of Christ shows he is God and the word and therefore agrees with it...

just because you don't agree does not make it so....:)

You don't even agree with that statement. Except when it suits you to lie.

For example, I don't think that you would say that Jesus said this:

Job 1:9b-11
“Does Job fear God for no reason? 10 Have you not put qa hedge around him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have rblessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. 11 But sstretch out your hand and ttouch all that he has, and he will ucurse you vto your face.”

Status
Not open for further replies.