• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How often are you sober?

Laika

Premium Member
How often are you sober?

I can't drink as I have depression, so it be like risking pouring petrol on to a fire for my mental health ordinarily. My last drink was at probably about 5 years ago and then it was only because our neighbour kindly bought a four-pack of larger for my birthday. I drank one and poured the others away. It felt rude not to at least have one. Aside from that, I've been basically sober for 11 years since I left university.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Sometimes I wonder how often certain posters are sober, not to mention names

...but there sometimes seems to be countless evidence that RF posters aren't always sober. Lol!

How often are you sober?

I'm sober for now. :)
Not much!

Oh, and sobriety covers more drugs than just alcohol. Interesting that most seem to think it only refers to alcohol, or maybe they just don't want to break rules. You may not drink alcohol but maybe you're imbibing some other substances. :D Just something for future posters to keep in mind here.

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Not much!

Oh, and sobriety covers more drugs than just alcohol. Interesting that most seem to think it only refers to alcohol, or maybe they just don't want to break rules. You may not drink alcohol but maybe you're imbibing some other substances. :D Just something for future posters to keep in mind here.
which is not fair because alcohol is actually more dangerous than most drugs and is one of the only two drugs where people are dying from the withdrawal of it, and alcohol has more disastrous effects on coordination and loss of judgment and inhibitions then do drugs such as stimulants.

Yes, I noticed people only spoke of alcohol lol

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
which is not fair because alcohol is actually more dangerous than most drugs and is one of the only two drugs where people are dying from the withdrawal of it, and alcohol has more disastrous effects on coordination and loss of judgment and inhibitions then do drugs such as stimulants.

Yes, I noticed people only spoke of alcohol lol
Very true!

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I am not teatotal. But I very rarely drink alcohol.
I quite enjoy a glass of wine or beer with a meal. But it is not something I would think about in the normal way. It would have to be an occasion.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sometimes I wonder how often certain posters are sober, not to mention names

...but there sometimes seems to be countless evidence that RF posters aren't always sober. Lol!

How often are you sober?

I'm sober for now. :)
I'm sober all the time.