• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Many People Are on Your Ignore List?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

There's only been a handful of members I can't develop some kind of respect for over time, even if I don't relate well to them.

Rather than ignore them, I make silent rude faces at the screen when I see their posts.

I'm not silent. I yell foul language, and borrow insults from one of Revoltingest's threads. If there is a picture with a face, I draw moustaches on it.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
1280px-ISR-HW-34.svg.png

RestlessSoul

None. If I have to ignore you, that says more about me than it does about you imo.

You can only wind me up if I give you the key, as an old mate from Tottenham is fond of saying.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hint: What's this little guy's name?
tenor.gif

Hint for the culturally challenged....
Halloween approaches.
Watch The Nightmare Before Christmas.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have just one person on ignore, the only reason being that, as hard as I have tried, I just cannot understand their English,

Just one here as well, and it's only because the content from this person sounds like a random word generator. I found myself reading this person's opening words without noticing who wrote them and moving on as soon as I realized there would be nothing I could understand there. This was about two years ago as an experiment. I recently considered reversing this just to get my count down to zero, and then I thought, no, I don't really want to see any more from that poster.

There is one other poster I routinely ignore, also because I cannot follow this person's thinking (and also not due to a language barrier), but I don't have to read any words to know to scroll by, since the avatar is distinctive and colorful, unlike the other poster, whose avatar has no color. I don't dislike either of these posters or any other RF participant. I just can't understand them.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
So, I had to look.
There are 2 ppl on my ignore list.
I have memory issues, so I’ve not a clue as to why …but I figure, it’s best not to doubt wise decisions made in the past. :D

Humbly
Hermit

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not silent. I yell foul language, and borrow insults from one of Revoltingest's threads. If there is a picture with a face, I draw moustaches on it.

I save that behavior for family reunions. Otherwise, I'd wear myself out.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
None. If I have to ignore you, that says more about me than it does about you imo.

You can only wind me up if I give you the key, as an old mate from Tottenham is fond of saying.
I used to visualise a key in the middle of certain people's backs, behind the shoulders, just like wind-up toys. It was sad that turning the key was so easy. But sometimes it worked in the positive. I worked with a negative Nellie, and all you had to do was ask her how her adult kids were doing, and it switched her to a far more positive vibe. She was totally unaware people purposefully did that to her.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
If we were in the same family, we'd be black and blue. Ouch!

I realized awhile ago there's the black sheep, who tend to be misfits. Then there's folks who are simply crazy and they yammer on and no one has any idea what the heck they're talking about. I guess that would be me... My hair's blue, so I decided I'd be a good 'blue sheep'.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I had two who have not been around for a while so now zero. I have 4 on the follow list, 3 of whom appear to be long gone (not that you asked)

As others have noted, there are some I just don't read but are not on my official ignore list.