• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Many of You Want a "LGBTI and Allies Only" Subforum?

Do you want an LGBTI and Allies Only subforum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
He had to put yes twice because there's a standard minimum of two options for a poll.

There isnt an option to put no
You're right. But then it's not designed to be a poll. But the forum feature used to create what, in this case, can be more accurately described as a tally was the poll creation feature.

You really are. The thread's designed to see how many members support the idea of a public LGBT area - not to debate whether it's a good idea.

Oohh! A tally not a poll. Maybe, well too late now, put Tally rather than poll in the OP. Some of us probably cant find the right word when we see a poll but given an explanation of a tally instead.

Language barrier nothing more.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Since LGBT people want to be treated like everyone else it seems that having a separate forum would be treating them different.

Thats like saying "well, christians want to be treated like everyone else so they shouldnt have their own DIR"

Christians should be treated like everyone else no matter what DIR or forum they post in. Though, its respectful and nice that RF has forums for individual religions (etc) to talk among themselves.

GBLTI are no different.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How sad and bizarre! Some people cannot even stand us having a simple DIR forum special for us and bring all of their excuses including their toothache and back pain!
I remember fervent objections to some of the others too.
At least in this poll, there's no option to object.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I don't really oppose it, I just think it may have negative repercussions. I signal caution is all. If it does get made I may use it, I may not. Don't know. Depends on what pops up in it. I can already see, though, the vultures circling. To rant and rave about it not being "fair", that people are being given "special rights" (heard that with same sex marriage haven't we?), and trying to use its existence as justification for being mean elsewhere in the forum. As if if someone doesn't want that treatment they should be posting in one place only.

It's a nice enough idea, but I just am seeing the ugliness that will come along with it. Yeah, guess perhaps I'm being pessimistic. Someone has to, right? :p

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
I don't really oppose it, I just think it may have negative repercussions. I signal caution is all. If it does get made I may use it, I may not. Don't know. Depends on what pops up in it. I can already see, though, the vultures circling. To rant and rave about it not being "fair", that people are being given "special rights" (heard that with same sex marriage haven't we?), and trying to use its existence as justification for being mean elsewhere in the forum. As if if someone doesn't want that treatment they should be posting in one place only.

It's a nice enough idea, but I just am seeing the ugliness that will come along with it. Yeah, guess perhaps I'm being pessimistic. Someone has to, right? :p
Ugliness? Pls expand what you have thought for this....

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I can't speak for Draka, but in an ongoing thread homosexuals have even been called "stinky." The way some members are, you'd think they were the ones who are being persecuted and denied their rights because how dare those sinful heathens even have the nerve to even think about getting married - Christianity itself is under attack!

Draka

Wonder Woman
Haven't you already seen a glimpse of this? I mean, we've already seen someone comment that "straight, non-confused" people need not comment. As I said before, habit has been here that when one viewpoint or stance or such gets a subforum an opposing one does as well. Feminism/men's issues, liberal/conservative, theism/non-theism. A place for every viewpoint or group. If this becomes a subforum I kind of think there will be a push from some for something to counter it. Whether it's a "straights only" thing or even a flat out "anti-LGBT" type one, someone will get ugly about it. then there is the possibility that since this is supposed to be a safe and respectful place to discuss LGBT issues that any issues that may be brought up elsewhere may get snarked at even more with the "justification" that the issues aren't "protected" anywhere but the LGBT subforum. That if anyone wants to discuss anything LGBT related that they MUST go there to be treated respectfully. The forum rules should cover all areas of the forum, but it's not like some don't try to skirt them. maybe theses things won't happen. Maybe I'm just being quite pessimistic about the whole thing. I hope they don't happen, but I can't help but sometimes think the worst of people and, let's admit it, we have those that give reason to think that way here. Even if not very many, they are here. I just don't want ugliness.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I mean, we've already seen someone comment that "straight, non-confused" people need not comment.
I'll admit, comments like that are angering and frustrating, but then I remember, it puts the ignorance, hatred, and bigotry out for the world to see, and I remind myself we are standing on the side that is pushing those ways into obsoletion and to have them buried in the annals of history. Let them speak their hatred. What honestly will it look like with civil discussion going on along side with venom-drenched Bible thumping?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can't speak for Draka, but in an ongoing thread homosexuals have even been called "stinky." The way some members are, you'd think they were the ones who are being persecuted and denied their rights because how dare those sinful heathens even have the nerve to even think about getting married - Christianity itself is under attack!
We all get called names at times, so that isn't reason enuf for a DIR.
But would discussions be more productive if the anti types couldn't post?
That seems the issue.
I didn't vote, because I don't see the need, but neither do I oppose it.
(I'm just ignorant about the need. Those in the know will weigh in.)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The only other con I see from a GBLTI forum is that staff would probably have to do more to protect DIR rules.

Why is that not the same with Christian? Hindu? Feminist even? What about GBLTI forum would push people to use it for "evil"?

I mean, as long as it isnt abused (say a straight person pretending he is gay just to interact in a conversation completely un GBLTI related only to highst his ego he posted in the forum).

At the beginning, it may be trouble. Middle, vacancybfor awhile and then when people get used to "its nothing special" hopefully we would still have the forum and some straight people will be adult enough to ask questions.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Again, I'll slow it down for you......why make it a poll if there's only ONE answer to choose from?
Because a poll is the easiest and fastest way to get the number of people who would use the forum.
why this is so difficult for you to understand has become quite comical

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Doesn't matter, does it? Maybe there should have been a disclaimer that read "straight, non-confused folks need not reply".
I can think of a much more accurate disclaimer, but the two problems with the one I cam up with are that 1) you would still not understand and 2) it is against forum rules.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I don't think I've ever seen a poll on RF get so much attention and cause so much confusion. I'm feeling really smart today. :)

Draka

Wonder Woman
Careful, you can get a warning for calling names and being butthurt cause I'm right.
One, while it may be true that there is some name-calling going on there, it certainly isn't because you are right or anyone is "butthurt" over it.
And...
Two, your sig gif is hypnotic.
smiley-shocked032.gif
:blush:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Since it would be a DIR, I think the "ugliness" would really be kept to a minimum. Fortunately, the DIRs are moderated fairly strictly. Otherwise, I don't think it would work.