• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Many of You Want a "LGBTI and Allies Only" Subforum?

Do you want an LGBTI and Allies Only subforum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You cannot find one website that does not have any anti-feminist literature = All MRA people are anti-feminist.

Really? I hope you do not purport yourself to be a skeptic.
I didn't say all MRA people are anti-feminist, but that the modern manifestation of it is.
Okay, but earlier you where saying that LBTQI people need to be protected because of persecution.

Last time I checked I wasn't persecuted on this forum, I was *****ed about by some non-staff but not persecuted, where you?
I have. Sinful, going to Hell, mutilating body, making myself worse off, following the crowd, and some other stuff.
And a LGBTQI forum with any form of heterosexual equivalent would change you getting harassing PMs how exactly?
It has to do with being able to have discussions without people rambling on that we're going to hell, that I'm destroying my body, or any of the other usual stuff that often and easily takes over a thread when those who are opposed to homosexuals and transgenders insert their beliefs.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Heterosexuals and allies only sub forum = every public access space ever

From an administrative perspective, creating forums must have a pressing and relevant need with enough support from membership. So a Straights Only sub forum needs to be vetted properly for consideration which includes enough members who would use it plus getting consensus support by staff before administration will create and devote bandwidth to such an idea.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Why does Religious Forums have to be the place for that?
Because RF has never been about just religion, and the issues that pertain to the LGBT community have tremendous bearing in regards to religion, where there is often much debate over being condemned in someone's religion or being accepted in religion.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
You can put heterosexuals and asexuals under the list as sub-forums.

Why would heterosexuals need a sub-forum, though? Unless homosexuals are interrupting their conversation and telling them they need to "get a room." They aren't minorities; so, what is the benefit and result of they getting a separate DIR then the sexuality forum?

Yeah for treating minorities differently than other people.

I thought you wanted to stop that and have everyone treated equally.

Whats your real problem with having a heterosexual forum?

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
I didn't say all MRA people are anti-feminist, but that the modern manifestation of it is.

I have. Sinful, going to Hell, mutilating body, making myself worse off, following the crowd, and some other stuff.

It has to do with being able to have discussions without people rambling on that we're going to hell, that I'm destroying my body, or any of the other usual stuff that often and easily takes over a thread when those who are opposed to homosexuals and transgenders insert their beliefs.

1) You are still saying all modern MRA people are anti-feminist, when form personal experience that is not true.

2) I get the same thing for being an atheist as well as being androgynous. But I do not consider that persecution.

3) Its best to say hen LGBTQI spectrum people asert their beliefs.

I still have yet to see a reason why a heterosexual forum would hurt.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yeah for treating minorities differently than other people.

I thought you wanted to stop that and have everyone treated equally.

Whats your real problem with having a heterosexual forum?

I think you are misinterpreting "wanting to be treated equally" and "having a free place to talk with peers."

For example, we have a comparative religion section where every religion and lack thereof is "supposed" to be treated equally. Everyone hopefully have a consensus that because it invites all parties, everyone deserves the same respect--to be treated equal.

and

There are religions and groups that would like to talk only among their peers. It has nothing to do with them separating themselves from people with other religions. It has to do with "wanting to talk among people who share the same beliefs as they do". They are still treated equally and they have a place to talk among their peers.

That's the same thing with GBLTIQA-and so forth.

Except for one crucial difference. Christian, Pagan, etc DIRs are not distinctively created for a "safe place" for their community. Their not minorities. Thats why you have every DIR under the sun.

However, in a GBLTQIAetc it is more a safe place where individuals can talk among their peers, share experiences, express coming out issues, and so forth...

so my point is...

What would be the goal of a heterosexual DIR?

What will they talk about that they cannot talk about in other areas in RF?

Are there particular issues they have about their sexuality, homosexuals do not agree with to where they need a place to talk among their peers only?

Will they talk about coming out from being gay to straight and the hardships it is that gay people are giving them about being straight?

There are so many "straight" defaulted forums, that I only see a reason to make a heterosexual forum is out of technicality. I dont know if people would use it. If so, what for?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
1) You are still saying all modern MRA people are anti-feminist, when form personal experience that is not true.
I've not once stated all MRA people are. But their groups do promote anti-feminism, frequently up to the point of endorsing traditional gender roles and norms and blaming gender equality for the problems of society. It's about on par with second-wave feminism, which is a wave of feminism I don't support for reasons that do include misandry, defining victimhood as femininity, and for what essentially amounts to biological determination. And, yes, I have more problems with modern MRA groups than being anti-feminist, such as how many promote the idea that a man should be able to ditch his responsibilities and not accept the consequences in cases of unplanned pregnancy.
2) I get the same thing for being an atheist as well as being androgynous. But I do not consider that persecution.
That is the definition of persecution. It doesn't mean you have to view yourself a victim, but nevertheless people should be called out on their bull****.
3) Its best to say hen LGBTQI spectrum people asert their beliefs.
It's not so much about asserting our positions, which we do, but being able to have a conversation that isn't derailed by people attacking us. It's about being able to have a discussion without having to sift through pages of attacks that can easily and quickly take over a thread.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Except for one crucial difference. Christian, Pagan, etc DIRs are not distinctively created for a "safe place" for their community. Their not minorities. Thats why you have every DIR under the sun.
Actually that is why they were created. It used to be RF was very strict about not letting outsiders post stuff on them, and they existed so people who belong to those groups can discuss their views without having to worry about the attacks of outsiders.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
But their groups do promote anti-feminism

Again personal experience shows me that is bull****.

and blaming gender equality for the problems of society.

Bull****, most of them think that right now woman are above men is some or all aspects and want to even it out.

nevertheless people should be called out on their bull****.

I do not see what that has to do with a dir.

but being able to have a conversation that isn't derailed by people attacking us. It's about being able to have a discussion without having to sift through pages of attacks that can easily and quickly take over a thread.

Could say the same about heterosexuals.

Even if that thread did became about heterosexuals complaining about LGBTQI they should have a place to talk about it.

Kapalika

Premium Member
Heterosexuals and allies only sub forum = every public access space ever

From an administrative perspective, creating forums must have a pressing and relevant need with enough support from membership. So a Straights Only sub forum needs to be vetted properly for consideration which includes enough members who would use it plus getting consensus support by staff before administration will create and devote bandwidth to such an idea.

This is more of a peeve relating to language, but you don't use bandwidth if no one is using the sub-forum. Bandwidth is just the download and upload space needed to accommodate visitors in real-time. Maybe storage space on the servers would be a more accurate representation. But really space for data for a forum isn't much.

It's more of a matter of effort and demand. What the heck would a straight-only forum even talk about? How not gay they are? I've run at least a couple of forums before and having too many sections that are not posted in kind of just looks messy, is often unnecessary and at certain thresholds can affect how active newcomers perceive your forums.

I also do agree that heterosexuals don't really have a need for such a space, other than to maybe complain about how they feel threatened by loosing their privileged status of having more rights than other people and perceiving it as persecution (a great example of projection). Basically I would think such a forum would only be interesting to and attract bigots.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Actually that is why they were created. It used to be RF was very strict about not letting outsiders post stuff on them, and they existed so people who belong to those groups can discuss their views without having to worry about the attacks of outsiders.

Do you feel there should be a heterosexual DIR (which was the point of my post)?

There are many "straight" DIRs over the sun, do you think there needs to be a heterosexual DIR as well?