• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many gods do you believe in?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe in one God.
If 'gods' exist, they are manifestations of aspects of the One.

Andal

resident hypnotist
I believe in one God. However, there are also devas which often gets translated as gods. These beings are higher than us but they are not eternal and are not God but they can help us out and their power does come from God.

Aum Hari Aum!

native3

Shrinidhi Kowndinya
I suggest believing in one good is better...... just stay with them... surrender yourself at their feet.... never bother about anything.... but also one thing you should take care is to respect all other gods of whichever religion they may be...

Don't look down on other's god in believing yours..... at the same time Believe in THE ONE GOD which will avoid distractions....

Because in Sanātana Dharma there are Gods you can't even account...... one can't simply go changing from one god to another in search for his ideals.....

I believe in one God, who is called Vishnu or Krishna. All the demigods, or devatas, are differing manifestations and personifications of aspects of the natural world. If taken literally, they are like angels who help in creation, but are not to be worshipped... if taken metaphorically, they are personifications of reminding us that every aspect of nature has consciousness (Vayu, wind; Agni, fire; Varuna, water, etc.).

At least, that's what my shiksha guru, Srila Sridhar Maharaj says. :D

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe in one God.
If 'gods' exist, they are manifestations of aspects of the One.

^This for me.

I believe in one God, Sri Krishna. The other "gods" and "goddesses", in my belief, are manifestations of God, and control certain aspects that He "assigns". I think this is only because, as Lord Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita, humans need to experience with their senses. We have a need to "compartmentalize".

While it's ultimately Krishna who grants blessings and grace, some of us see it coming through another deva or devi. I believe Sri Ganesha and Maa Lakshmi did something for me yesterday to remove a very large obstacle and grant me a very large favor. Because I did small favor for someone, for whom it was probably a big deal.

native3

Shrinidhi Kowndinya
^This for me.

I believe in one God, Sri Krishna. The other "gods" and "goddesses", in my belief, are manifestations of God, and control certain aspects that He "assigns". I think this is only because, as Lord Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita, humans need to experience with their senses. We have a need to "compartmentalize".

While it's ultimately Krishna who grants blessings and grace, some of us see it coming through another deva or devi. I believe Sri Ganesha and Maa Lakshmi did something for me yesterday to remove a very large obstacle and grant me a very large favor. Because I did small favor for someone, for whom it was probably a big deal.

See this is what i suggest too....

Since Krishna is THE ONE GOD for you.... be with him..... but let me tell you something..... there will be times when you will so much frustrated you would want to leave everything including Krishna (Now don't argue with me such times won't come.... because i have been in that place and experienced it)......

Finding your GOD is by no means choosing the things you like....

I set out my journey to find who was the one all these years have taken care of me.... saved me like a billion times from trouble and always stayed with me no matter i remembered or not.....

At First i was a Stern and Very much Krishna Follower (Still am)..... then i wanted someone motherly.... as Mother is close to his child then father can ever get.....

while striving to find my REAL MOTHER at last i found her in SHARADA DEVI (Ramakrishna Paramahansa's Wife)...... you may find whatever you want in Krishna himself.... Other's may find in someone else.....

But Be With One God....

See this is what i suggest too....

Since Krishna is THE ONE GOD for you.... be with him..... but let me tell you something..... there will be times when you will so much frustrated you would want to leave everything including Krishna (Now don't argue with me such times won't come.... because i have been in that place and experienced it)......

Finding your GOD is by no means choosing the things you like....

I set out my journey to find who was the one all these years have taken care of me.... saved me like a billion times from trouble and always stayed with me no matter i remembered or not.....

At First i was a Stern and Very much Krishna Follower (Still am)..... then i wanted someone motherly.... as Mother is close to his child then father can ever get.....

while striving to find my REAL MOTHER at last i found her in SHARADA DEVI (Ramakrishna Paramahansa's Wife)...... you may find whatever you want in Krishna himself.... Other's may find in someone else.....

But Be With One God....

Mother can be found in one's own mother, in the senior disciples of our guru, or in Lakshmi, or Srimati Radharani. God the Mother manifests Herself in all ways. :)

This is why although I say Krishna, I really mean Radha-Krishna, or Lakshmi-Narayana... Shakti and Shaktiman can never be separated except as a lila when manifesting Themselves as Radha and Krishna.

For me, They are my eternal and heavenly Parents, who love me, care for me, and very much want me Home. :yes:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Tvameva Mata Cha Pita Tvameva
Tvameva Bandhuscha Sakha Tvameva
Tvameva Vidya Dravinam Tvameva
Tvameva Sarvam Mama Deva Deva

Thou alone art mother and father to me.
Thou alone art kin and friend to me.
Thou alone art knowledge and wealth to me.
Thou art my all, my Lord of Lords.

radha_krishna.jpg

Beautiful!

And just to balance it out with some aishvarya-rasa (relationship to God in the mood of majesty and regalness):

lakshmi-narayana-QG36_l.jpg

yatha yuväm tri-lokasya
varadau parameshthinau
tathä ma uttamashloka
santu satyä mahäshishah

You are both the Supreme Rulers
and Benedictors of the three worlds.
Therefore, my Lord,
who are praised with excellent verses [Uttamashloka],
may my ambitions be fulfilled by Your grace.

-- Srimad-Bhagavatam 6.19.14

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Beautiful! A keeper for sure. I may print it and frame it for my altar. Or at the very least, find a spot on a wall for it.

Beautiful! A keeper for sure. I may print it and frame it for my altar. Or at the very least, find a spot on a wall for it.

I used to have this very picture with a golden frame... I unhappily gave it away to a friend who needed a picture of God, lol.

Ah well... such things get passed around! :eek:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I have this picture of Lord Vishnu on my altar in a frame:

lord-vishnu-35.jpg

as well as a "faux stone" (resin) murthi of Maa Lakshmi. I will definitely find a spot for the picture you posted.

Btw, it's easy to print them. I use photographic quality inkjet paper and Windows print wizard. I do everything from 8x10, like the above picture of Sri Sri Radha Krishna which I have in a gilded frame and a light hanging in front of it, to wallet size. This is how I got my images for my altar. As long as the web image is good, the picture will come out beautiful.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Ismaila....,

How many gods do you believe in?
Belief is a MIND phenomenon as the mind requires to hold on to something and only a STILL MIND is the pre-requisite for a merger with the WHOLE and religions are paths or ways to reach such a state of STILLNESS of the mind.
Personally have no belief systems nor know any *gods* except the *whole* that am part off.

Love & rgds

kaisersose

Friend Ismaila....,

Belief is a MIND phenomenon as the mind requires to hold on to something and only a STILL MIND is the pre-requisite for a merger with the WHOLE and religions are paths or ways to reach such a state of STILLNESS of the mind.
Personally have no belief systems nor know any *gods* except the *whole* that am part off.

Love & rgds

Zenzero,

Isn't the text in blue a belief - which contradicts your stance of having no beliefs?