• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How long will you stay in a thread going nowhere?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Once you encounter the 'I'm right and you're wrong' mindset, how long will you stay in that thread? Has your endurance with that increased or decreased over time? Thoughts?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I leave threads quite often once it's clear that there is no discussion going on but a repetition of unmovable firmly held positions.
As do I, especially if the said poster has an established pattern of it. With newcomers, I'm more patient. But I have my own 'moody' days when I have have less to do and will stay longer.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
Once you encounter the 'I'm right and you're wrong' mindset, how long will you stay in that thread? Has your endurance with that increased or decreased over time? Thoughts?

My endurance depends on what my mindset is for the day more than their mindset... in other words, what's my tolerance level? People are who they are and I try to remember that.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Depends on the subject, the person I'm talking to, and the kind of time I'm working with.

Though the more a person feels entitled to my engagement (it's your responsibility to debate me!!) the less I'll likely engage lol.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Not long.

Even if I'm not actively participating a whole lot, if I see too much of the attitude mentioned, I just hit 'unwatch'.

I think its boring.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Not long.

Even if I'm not actively participating a whole lot, if I see too much of the attitude mentioned, I just hit 'unwatch'.

I think its boring.
I will unwatch popular threads I lose interest in.
And by 'popular' I mean threads still getting posts.
If a thread I lose interest in is not getting posts, it is not clogging up my "Interesting threads I am still interested in" list.

I do admit, I follow many a thread I have not posted in.
Because I find them interesting and or informative.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
When I reply or comment I'm more curious of the person's response just to see what their pov is rather than I am concerned with winning an argument

Arguing for the sake of arguing is boring. When I'm satisfied with the information I've gotten, I usually move on

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I will unwatch popular threads I lose interest in.
And by 'popular' I mean threads still getting posts.
If a thread I lose interest in is not getting posts, it is not clogging up my "Interesting threads I am still interested in" list.

I do admit, I follow many a thread I have not posted in.
Because I find them interesting and or informative.
Same.

Though its probably obvious that I'm following them, due to frequent frubals.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Same.

Though its probably obvious that I'm following them, due to frequent frubals.
Back when frubal were a currency I was rather stingy with them.
now I am much more generous.

To be honest, i prefer the current frubal system over the currency version.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
If I can't engage with positivity, I move on. I don't read to respond, but to learn. I respond when I feel I have something a bit unique to offer.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Threads are not PMs. I don't hang my participation on the behaviour of one person. I stop interacting with an unfaithful interlocutor when I have made it clear to every thinking onlooker what my position is and that my interlocutor is wrong. If that was the only conversation in that thread, that interested me, I will also unwatch the thread.

Kfox

I stick around as long as they are willing to explain why they think they are right and I am wrong.