• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How long do bruises last??

Nanda

Polyanna
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Generally, I'd say a couple of days, or a week. Longer for really bad ones.

+Xausted

if this is a reference to what was being discussed in chat the other night, then you really need to start looking for some help. thats meant with love
big hug

Harm score Severity level Notes
0 Light bruise No damage
1 Light bruise Little damage
2 Moderate bruise Some damage
3 Serious bruise Dangerous
4 Extremely serious bruise Dangerous
5 Critical bruise Risk of death

depends on severaty if it goes away in a week or a year

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
With ALL bruises (emotional and physical) each person is different and is also dependant on the severity of the damage that has been received.

cardero

Citizen Mod
How long do bruises last??
Like, generally, on average??

bruise.jpg

Booko

Deviled Hen
Depends. I got clipped by a car once. Bruise didn't go away for over 9 months.

Yeah, got kicked in the calf by a horse once. Took me 6 months for that to go away.

There are some things you can do to prevent bruising and speed up healing, though.

If you know you're gonna bruise, put ice or cool compresses on it right away.

After a few days, you can switch to warm wet compresses. It's even better if you make some tea with sage and use that for your compress.

Apply arnica gel or cream up to 3 times daily. It's easily found in health food stores.

Homeopathy, use Arnica montana. Boiron makes these little pellets and they're in a lot of health food stores too. Boil some water and add a handful of sage leaves, let it cool to warm and do your compress for maybe an hour?

A drop of lavender essential oil applied to the area daily will speed healing. Also yarrow, gelsemium, and hyssop will help. It's best to use the oils not directly but in a carrier oil like almond oil.

Vitamins: 5000mg of C immediately at the earliest sign of bruising can help.
400 IU of E and 10,000 IU of vitamin A daily can help rebuild skin tissue as well.

Don't get carried away with the vitamin A though...you really can OD on that one.

Best prevention for bruising:

Eat lots of carrots or even drink carrot juice. :)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I slipped and fell one time trying to hitch our boat to the boat hitch.I land full force on the metal knob righ in the soft fleshy area of my inner thigh..The pain was excuciating I thought I was going to pass out..Teh bruice was DEEP purple and every day it was getting bigger and there was a knot in it.I actually went ahead and went to the hospital..It was a bad bruise..The wrapped my leg snugly (not tightly) in and ace bandage..That slowed down the bleeding and the spreading..But it wasnt completely gone for seveal months.

If you are careful and dont wrap it too tight I would recommend wrapping it.Its the same thing as putting pressure on a bleeding wound outside your body..Because that what a bruise is..bleeding but on the inside.

Love

Dallas