• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is human sacrifice a Satanic practice?

AnnaCzereda

Why are you repeating a question you have asked many times over the months given that the question has been answered many times by KS?

Because the answers to the crucial questions are unsatisfactory and unconvincing. Simple. But I'm not going to repeat my arguments over and over again. Let's stay with our opinions.

Person X can answer questions about O9A esotericism and does have access to O9A oral tradition and has experience of an O9A praxis.

That's a flawed argument. Just because she has an insider's knowledge of the ONA doesn't mean she couldn't be lying about the whole issue for some reason.

In the same manner we could say that Kim Jong-un is always right because he has the insider's knowledge of the North Korea. What can these stupid foreigners know if they don't live there?

Finally, add that X got inexplicably banned (so couldn't respond to you anymore) and that Y is getting bored.

That's the point of all the battles - to make the enemy exhausted. :)

I'm joking, of course. That's been an interesting discussion. Do you know why KS got banned?

niceguy

Satanists doing human sacrifice is an Hollywood phenomena, something done in movies. The myth is strong thou.

jeff77

I'm not going to repeat my arguments over and over again.
Good to hear - for all that needs to be said or could possibly be said - pro and con - about the matter has already been said in hundreds of posts on two forums and on FB over the past 8 months.

Let's stay with our opinions
I agree. For it's surely time to "call time" on that saga - especially given that both KS and Khk appear to have moved on given their cordial exchanges here about Mead and the Pymander text.

That's a flawed argument. Just because she has an insider's knowledge of the ONA doesn't mean she couldn't be lying about the whole issue for some reason
Your speculation about the motive of the person has nothing to do with whether her argument is logical or flawed. In fact her argument is logical given the premises she stated. Furthermore others with the same or more knowledge than her agree with her and have publicly said the same things about the O9A and the logos, as have some academics who have studied the O9A.

However no doubt you'd also question the motives of these others as well which would mean that according to you "everyone could be lying" - except you naturally ;)

That's been an interesting discussion.
I agree - and given the number of reads about the topic on this and other threads here it appears some other people may also have found it interesting. A lot has certainly been written about the O9A - pro and con.

Do you know why KS got banned?
All I heard was that no reason was given.

jeff77

The myth is strong
Yes - and I feel it's one of the reasons why the Order of Nine Angles has captured the imagination and piqued the interest of some people over the past 30 years and probably will continue to do so well into the future.

Which of course might have been one of the reasons for the O9A writing texts supporting satanic human sacrifice. Another reason being just to be adversarial, heretical, annoying - in respect of the "modern satanism" of the ToS and the CoS. With another reason being that possibly they were and are serious.

niceguy

Yes - and I feel it's one of the reasons why the Order of Nine Angles has captured the imagination and piqued the interest of some people over the past 30 years and probably will continue to do so well into the future.

Which of course might have been one of the reasons for the O9A writing texts supporting satanic human sacrifice. Another reason being just to be adversarial, heretical, annoying - in respect of the "modern satanism" of the ToS and the CoS. With another reason being that possibly they were and are serious.

So in other words they trolling the world for the heck of it.

jeff77

So in other words they trolling the world for the heck of it.
No - understood esoterically it's about creating and manifesting a mythos and about being adversarial in a dialectical way and about incitement and about presenting "a recognizable new interpretation of Satanism and the Left Hand Path" part of which new interpretation is a new logos.

Taking a non academic stand point for a change, I do say where Satanism is concerned it is a simple answer, I have read a considerable amount of Sandozar's works and have read other of the known Satanists such as Alistair Crowley? or any of many unknown works of the unknown Satanists? there are many more works to study which give the same answer to the same question without complication , and before you say that No I am not a Satanist, that is an adamant fact, I was a nonconformist and have a love of Theology, how do you mean how is human or even animal sacrifice Satanism? there are different kinds sacrifice for different reason , for example the Aztecs like the Wiccans believed that by sacrificing human or animals to their sun god or the Wiccan god Nuada that sacrifice would make the people prosper and the land flourish and yield crop and all would be wealthy , they did not an do not in principal practice Satanic Sacrifice, true Satanists however has a totally different agenda for example the sacrifice of human or animals was and is carried out for a hosts of categorized of reasons (eg)1, to defy the monotheist creation law, that no being must be killed for the favor of another god, gods or goddesses , 2, to transfer one human aged soul to a youthful body, to defy the Abrahamic law and do opposite to what god was said to have done for Abraham, which was to refuse him sacrifice of his son and hence proved his faithfulness and so in the opposite way Satanic sacrifice of animals or human would prove service to Satan as would suicide, one who takes his or hers life for Satan will be rewarded in time according to Grimoire texts, the different categories of animals or human sacrifice are quite lengthy but the general and only purpose is to the glory of Satan and his will and to dethrone the minions of the holy, I agree it is human deconstructionism and made for soul decimation n to name but two of its objective, not that I agree with sacrifice NO, there is one point of reading overlooked frequently just in case the question of timescale is mentioned and that is what we are essentially talking about is a spiritual evil force a theory as old and the creations of the big bang and yes I can explain how the big bang is included in this theologian reference, I do forward to reading what is said though.

S_J

To kill another being without good reason, especially if you are the kind of animal that depends on a society yourself, is simply an act of stupidity.
Doing so just to proove to yourself that you are really satanic even more so.

And yes, why not have those people erased who make this mistake to believe that you need to commit crimes to practice LHP. I've rarely seen opinions that reflect less strength and insight than such a mentality of whatever doing what some organization tells you (and the opposite of whatever another organization tells you.. which would be very interesting if the Pope would declare that jumping from church roofs is not good Christian practice. At least it would sort out the most stupid).

It's a crime in most states nowadays, for good reason; commiting it with somebody knowing about it gives that somebody power over you, as it will be in their hands to bring you to prison or to have you killed by the government (in most of Europe, I think, murderers are largely not punished with death, in opposite to some US areas, but even being in prison for some decades of years is not so much what will increase your possibilities to "do your will").
There have been societies in the past and maybe are even today, in which human sacrifice has been playing a role. Freedom and the possibility for some average person like the usual satanist might be was NOT the result of this ^^
So, c'mon people, to simply do the opposite of whatever law AND common sense say is really the most stupid and primitive form of "antagonism" that's ever possible, and increasing anything most people, and most average satanists as well, can wish for, is also not it's outcome.

Sure, you can "respect" people for consequently doing whatever they think they HAVE TO (oha, where's the freedom by the way?), without ever using their common sense, just because they want to follow some principles that have not even been created by themselves.
I prefer to do MY will, and that doesn't include to prove to the very stupid that I'm consequent. People can give me a good reason to act "consequently" and they might find out that I will ^^

"I am the flame ..." is not a good reason to randomly destroy some men.

And finally the question remains what makes you one of the elect, and what makes some other person one of the unimportant strangers that are "worthless" anyway. My personal experience is that this is not a question of qualification, true belief or a "true connection" to some deity, but in the end POLITICS. Get into some serious debate with the leaders of such a group and the next person "sacrificed" might be you. If they need to, they'll find a reason why particularly you are a traitor or whatever and deserve it, or why particularly you would make a good sacrifice. And if they had sufficient influence over your life before, maybe you won't even have sufficient connections to the outside to be missed by anyone.

Well, you guys can and might play such stupid games. This stupid "I do whatever some guy doesn't want to happen even if I'm cutting my own flesh, just because he's a Christian and I want to prove I am not" is really below the level I'd like to act ^^ It might be adequate for some people in puberty, to some degree, but adults? ...
In the end there are good reasons for some rules in society to exist, and to get rid of as much intelligence and wisdom is not what I'd call "becoming strong".

So back to the title: "How is human sacrifice a Satanic practice?" - Well, for me it is not. I regard it as an act of stupidity, most often not decided by the persons who will do it, giving other people power over you as long as you live in a state where it's a crime. The need to prove to someone how Satanic you are indicates weakness, for a real great individuum doesn't need to do something like that. In that sense it has not the least benefit, but quite a lot of disadvantages, BESIDES the fact that being a member of an organization that kills people might make your life, well, exciting ^^ Constant fear to be the next is really not what I would call a life in freedom.
But let the stupid judge themselves, hardly will I save anybody. More laugh about them when it's them who'll end on their stake or however they particularly do that.

Yes, it is part of Satanism, in the sense of doing whatever Christians don't want to happen, forgetting about the fact that living in a society in which you can be the next all the time is what MOST intelligent people wouldn't want to happen, including, usually, oneself. Most primitive and simple way EVER.
But well, nobody said that Satanists are better, right .. just that they are Anti-Christians. Some at least. None of such people should expect me to waste time on them. I prefer to deal with the strong, wise, intelligent and conscious beings. None of that fits to those. Satanists - well, why not. More than "worthless" - most probably not. But in opposite to them with that I refer to personalities, characters, decisions and opinions, and not just the the question whether some group leader declares someone as "worthless". I think it takes already some degree of stupidity to even enter a group that declares it will bring fear and constant pain to your life. But everybody decide for themselves. Maybe the very weak need something like that.

Greetz,
SJ

Last edited: