• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is human sacrifice a Satanic practice?

jeff77

The O9A proves this with the importance on "insight roles", which require a system of societal morality in the first place
No, O9A insight roles don't require "a system of societal morality." They only require that a person choose to live, for a year to eighteen months, a way of life or take on an occupation that requires them to act in a manner that's contrary to their own character. The choice of insight role, and the honesty of deciding what their own character is, is entirely up to them. It's their judgement, their self-honesty, that matter. There is no dogma.

The O9A has suggested some general types of insight roles, as examples, that's all. Like being a cop if you're rebellious by nature and dislike authority. Or being a monk if you're a hedonist or a former con. Or opening and running a brothel if you're disorganized and lack people skills. Or becoming a neo-nazi activist if you're a liberal at heart. Or becoming a drug-dealer if you're a law-abiding or shy. Or becoming a nurse in a hospital if you think you're a 'hard man'.

So it's the character of the person that determines the insight role, nothing else.

Given that all this kind of stuff about the O9A is 'out there', in cyberspace, and has been for over a decade, it's amazing that people keep making false claims about the O9A. Or maybe people just can't be bothered to read O9A material. Or if they do read it, they don't 'get it'.

The practitioners were not setting out to spit in the face of society, they did it for themselves
Which is exactly the raison d'etre of the O9A seven fold way, which is a decades long personal quest. Spitting in the face of society may be something an O9A novice (or External Adept) may do once or twice just for fun or to personally learn something from the experience.

The key to understanding the O9A is pathei-mathos: a personal learning, and a self-development, from practical esoteric and exoteric experience, some of which experiences should be difficult and dangerous, and some of which can be 'heretical'. That's all there really is to the O9A.

Again, this is all 'out there'.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
What's laughable - Serrated Edge - is you call me non-LHP simply because you disagree with my philosophy. Fundamentalism at its best. How about you go scare the neighbors and boost your ego a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff77

If people engage in junior high school games on the internet, it says a lot about their personality.
If people assume that some things are just "junior high school games on the internet" then it might also say something about the person making that assumption.

If they have time to drag some silly drama for ages and pages all over the net, then you can doubt they have much time left for anything else.
Or you could assume they work in some boring job and have a computer connected to the net on their desk. Or we might assume that it's not some "silly drama" but something they''re interested in or may feel it's important or, more likely, that they think is just fun. For provoking people, and getting a response, can be fun, can't it?

Considering how many posts you make on forums like the 600 club, on FB, and here, should we assume you don't have much time left for anything else? Of course we shouldn't make such an assumption about you. But you do so insist on making assumptions both about what other people do and about 'why' they do what you assume they do.

Premium Member
In fact - since you make such a point about me sharing my personal philosophy (and how it being my own somehow is non-LHP) - how about you go pull some quotes from it and show me exactly where and how it is not "LHP". Hell, by your own philosophy are we not to judge individuals via their online personalities? Even in that article you couldn't do so much as spell properly, and you cannot discuss / debate without swearing like an angry teenager.

Luckily I don't follow your own written philosophy and understand the differences between the true self and online self.

In fact - since you make such a point about me sharing my personal philosophy (and how it being my own somehow is non-LHP) - how about you go pull some quotes from it and show me exactly where and how it is not "LHP". Hell, by your own philosophy are we not to judge individuals via their online personalities? Even in that article you couldn't do so much as spell properly, and you cannot discuss / debate without swearing like an angry teenager.

Luckily I don't follow your own written philosophy and understand the differences between the true self and online self.

Doors, we can start by you providing us your redefinition of the LHP.

In fact - since you make such a point about me sharing my personal philosophy (and how it being my own somehow is non-LHP) - how about you go pull some quotes from it and show me exactly where and how it is not "LHP".
Certainly.

As you request. Here is your own definition of luciferianism:

To me, being a Luciferian is about a few things. First of all, it is about gaining wisdom and understanding, as implied by light-bearer. Second, it is about finding balance in my life, a sense of self perfection / self mastery. Third, it is about being all I can be. The Lucifers, for the most part, were characters who wanted to become equals with God, or who were one with God through knoweldge / wisdom / understanding. The one I associate with the most is Thoth, who was the God of knowledge / wisdom and the consort of Ma'at, who represented the absolute reality (closest thing to God imo).
Gaining wisdom, Finding balance, mastery of self, living up to your potential.

What religion or philosophy in the world DOESN'T advocate these things? I couldn't call it right or left, as you haven't really defined anything.

If you can refute me by explaining exactly how your philosophy(if it can be rightly called as such) relates to the left hand path, or left handed attainment, without radically redefining what that term has meant for thousands of years, please do.

Hell, by your own philosophy are we not to judge individuals via their online personalities?
Not exactly no.

Even in that article you couldn't do so much as spell properly,
What article would that be? What specific errors?

you cannot discuss / debate without swearing like an angry teenager.
Given your last few responses I can't help facepalm at this. Please source me, in this thread or elsewhere, 'swearing like an angry teenager'.

I actually write at length on the nature of self. You are free to refute any claim I have made in my many many pages of freely available material, both here and elsewhere.

Anyway 'Doors of Perception', you were called to task to back up claims you made in post #58. Are you going to behave like an adult at some point or is name calling and deflection all that will be on the menu tonight?

Premium Member
Anyway 'Doors of Perception', you were called to task to back up claims you made in post #58. Are you going to behave like an adult at some point or is name calling and deflection all that will be on the menu tonight?

I think I'll keep level with you and act like a child.

Premium Member
Doors, we can start by you providing us your redefinition of the LHP.

I haven't redefined it so your request is impossible to grant. Anyways, if this is what the LHP has deteriorated to I can't possibly find meaning in it. I felt the term to restrictive and meaningless for awhile now, but now I realize its meaning is quite in keeping with what I manipulated it out of all those years ago for my own purposes. SSR may be right, I don't fit in either Left or Right, thank god.

, I don't fit in either Left or Right, thank god.

Excellent. Well then, as you are now on record as renouncing the LHP, I ask that your posts in this dir remain exclusively respectful questions for LHP people, as per the rules of this forum.

Premium Member
Excellent. Well then, as you are now on record as renouncing the LHP, I ask that your posts in this dir remain exclusively respectful questions for LHP people, as per the rules of this forum.

Indeed. Enjoy pretending you've grown bigger in the pants.

Premium Member

Ironic that you'd pick and choose what aspect of my post to quote. Lucky for me I never renounced the LHP, I just said "maybe you're right". A mix of Left and Right can only be good - less restrictive. With REAL definitions I'll always be LHP, just a more evolved form. But again, fallacy and you go hand and hand. It's a nice ego boost that the big scary satanist is so intimidated by me he's trying to manipulate my words to banish my presence.

So again, we get blather and argumentum as hominem in lieu of cogent response, and a further refusal to back up any of your vacuous claims despite numerous requests.

I think this thread speaks for itself.

Premium Member
Wow..he still hasn't addressed a single thing. Amazing.

Yet you're apparently too afraid to challenge me privately, an offer I've made very public. See, it's all about the show for you. Unlike your deflection I've received an actual education in psychology which is exactly why I won't bother engaging with you two publicly (nor SRHM at all, though SSE seems legitimately intelligent and interesting). You can insult and belittle me all you want but it'll accomplish nothing, it does not affect me. I'm not in this for my image or for others, I'm in it for myself. Another interesting difference between myself and you calling me non-LHP.

Still awaiting your message.

The thing is, I have never set out to berate, belittle, marginalise, or any such thing. In fact, the only time I have ever referred to you personally is in the context of some displayed behaviour, such as your rather frustrating habit of ignoring everything I say to you, whether it be one of my own assertions or a retort to one of your own. Try addressing the content of posts addressed to you and I assure you you will be received differently.

As to your challenge of debate, why deprive the readers? A debate would require a moderator anyway, precluding pm from a viable medium. Any medium you like, my boy. Tinychat, YouTube, or the 1v1 forum here. Take your pick.

Premium Member
The thing is, I have never set out to berate, belittle, marginalise, or any such thing. In fact, the only time I have ever referred to you personally is in the context of some displayed behaviour, such as your rather frustrating habit of ignoring everything I say to you, whether it be one of my own assertions or a retort to one of your own. Try addressing the content of posts addressed to you and I assure you you will be received differently.

As to your challenge of debate, why deprive the readers? A debate would require a moderator anyway, precluding pm from a viable medium. Any medium you like, my boy. Tinychat, YouTube, or the 1v1 forum here. Take your pick.

As I thought, you're not interested in knowledge or discussion either, only public spectacle. I suppose 1 v 1 here would be my pick but what's the point? I offered that originally and where is the thread? As I've said over and over, no I won't address your debate points here because this is not a debate forum. The problem with you is I can tell there's things to be learned from you and discussion with you under your ego. So how about this: fresh start. Drop all the pointless bickering we've both engaged in, start the 1 v 1 thread, and PM the link. It's very very early here now and I really must take care of things but I will certainly join asap.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Meh. Personally, I prefer the O9A take on life and humans: "that some humans, by nature, by character, are rotten – worthless – and, when this rotten character is revealed by their deeds, it is beneficial to remove them, to cull them." Source - Anton Long, Concerning Culling as Art.

Isn't murder in the name of self-enlightenment or religious commitment pretty rotten?

My knee jerk reaction to this subject (and the O9A overall) is that it continues to give satanists and modern pagans (as there are still stereotypes that all pagans are satanists) a bad name when the majority of us have no interest or need for life sacrifices (aside from the metaphorical). Particularly when there is really no need for more literal life sacrifice when death is still the inevitability of life.

So my question (as I'm not an LHPer :)) is what would the overall purpose of human sacrifice (or any other life sacrifice) be?