• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How I ended up here

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
I was curious about Christian chat rooms, so I signed up to one to see if I could have an interesting conversation.

I was in a Christian chat conversation for a pretty long time before I got banned. I guess it was for quoting something anti-christian.
It was right before I was about to say "My honest curiosity will be my downfall."

A warning would have been nice. I wasn't being hateful or anything. Just inquisitive and doubtful.

It was this quote that did me in:

"If this God is omnipotent, he could have prevented the Holocaust. If he was unable to stop it, he is impotent and useless; if he could have stopped it and chose not to, he is a monster."

Heavy-handed, I suppose. But they kept quoting the Bible, I wanted to quote something, too.

I figured Christian chat rooms were not very good places for religious discussion. So I looked up religious chat places and found this forum.
So here I am.

Ori

Angel slayer
Welcome and enjoy!

Just make sure you take a look at the rules and so on before you jump right in. It sounds like you have some interesting ideas, so good luck.

Tao of Pooh

I'm new here too...high!
Yeah, Christian forums are tough crowds. I've never joined one but I've read a couple and... :eek:

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Welcome to our humble forum! i hope you enjoy the discussions and debates you engage in here, and if you have any questions or problems, please feel free to ask :)

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Tao of Pooh said:
I'm new here too...high!
Yeah, Christian forums are tough crowds. I've never joined one but I've read a couple and... :eek:

How true. Quite often even for us Christians (especially if you happen not to be Protestant). I just had to quit one in disgust a few days ago.

Welcome, Papersock, and I guarantee that so long as you are polite and civil, you'll never be banned from this forum simply for asking questions, no matter how difficult. Just be sure to familiarise yourself with the forum rules so that you understand where debate is and is not allowed.

James

PureX

Veteran Member
Papersock said:
I was curious about Christian chat rooms, so I signed up to one to see if I could have an interesting conversation.

I was in a Christian chat conversation for a pretty long time before I got banned. I guess it was for quoting something anti-christian.
It was right before I was about to say "My honest curiosity will be my downfall."

A warning would have been nice. I wasn't being hateful or anything. Just inquisitive and doubtful.

"If this God is omnipotent, he could have prevented the Holocaust. If he was unable to stop it, he is impotent and useless; if he could have stopped it and chose not to, he is a monster."

Heavy-handed, I suppose. But they kept quoting the Bible, I wanted to quote something, too.

I figured Christian chat rooms were not very good places for religious discussion. So I looked up religious chat places and found this forum.
So here I am.
Welcome.

It's inevitable that the people who set up these kinds of discussion sites have a bias, and that their bias shows up sooner or later in the operation of the site. Some folks think this is good and right, while other are appalled by it, but in any case it's not going to go away. It's part of human nature.

Some sites are more open than others, of course, and for the most part I think this site is quite open-minded. They will at least warn you, even though they will delete your post without your permission or notice.

I have found that the real flaw in most of these kinds of sites is in the fact that the people running them want to make their decisions off screen, and as a result, without anyone over-seeing them. And it's in this "darkness" that the egos are able to rise and run amok. I don't think I've come across a site, yet, where the people running it let their own decisions be put up for scrutiny.

But whatever. I'd be a fool to expect anyone to be perfect, and that would certainly include me.

lizskid

BANNED
Welcome, I hope you like what you find here. All views are welcomed and respected, if they are given in respect. You will not have a problem. Just check the rules and dive into the fun!

opensoul7

Here You will find a diverse mix of people and beliefs , that respectfully debate and discuss a diverse mix of topics . So welcome to the Forum !

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
Wow, that's a bigger welcome than I was expecting. Thank you all.

I'm afraid I'm not going to be brave, or thick-skinned enough to get into any real debates. Unfortunately, though I enjoy studying theology, it's not an easy subject for me to articulate my views.
I better go find those rule things.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Papersock said:

So here I am.
LOL! Well, I guess you found out how "Christian" Christian forums can be. Not to worry, you'll be welcome here. If it makes you feel any better, I've been banned from Christian forums before myself, and it wasn't even for saying something anti-Christian. It was because some Christians don't think of me as a Christian. Don't get me wrong; we have rules here, too. But all opinions are welcomed, all ideas worthy of discussion and all memers deserving of respect. I hope you have a better experience here.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Namaste, if it pleases you, and welcome!

Here's a copy of the forum rules. (A link to them can also be found my 'signature', as well as some general tips.) I'm sorry you had a negative experience elsewhere, but I hope you feel welcome here!

BFD_Zayl

i know how bad some christian forums can get, i'm usually banned before i get a word off. because of my profile. anyways welcome to the forums.

XAAX

I can't speak for Christian forums, mainly because I would rather gouge my eyes out with a spoon than join one, but you should find the members here to be quite open minded...for the most part. They have tried to nail me up a few times here but luckily I own a ladder and a pair of pliers...:D

Greetings and Welcome to RF...