• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How God’s Kingdom Will Come—Not What You Think!

2ndpillar

I agree there is No Resurrection Day taking place before Jesus' Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth.
By the end of the Millennium mankind will have reached the same human perfection that Adam originally had.
So, it is Not until after the thousand years that faithful ones are 'crowned' (so to speak) with everlasting life.
Up to that final test, so to speak, a person could be about 1,000 years old and still turn against God.
In other words, at that time there will be No more need for any further testing or tempting by Satan because Satan and those who choose his side will then be gone forever, destroyed forever.
Right now, people who will be classed as those 'figurative sheep' of Matthew 25:31-33,37 can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth even up to the end of the thousand years, and even into eternal life right here on Earth.

Those apart from the ruling resurrected (Rev 20:4), who did not worship the beast, will be thought of cursed if they do not live to be 100, but indeed, they will die. (Is 65:20) The nations during the millenium will be ruled with a rod of iron (Rev 19:15), and they will all eventually die after 100 years of age, unless accursed. And indeed, at the end of the millennium, men are judged by their deeds, and judgment is given accordingly. (Rev 20:13).

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Those apart from the ruling resurrected (Rev 20:4), who did not worship the beast, will be thought of cursed if they do not live to be 100, but indeed, they will die. (Is 65:20) The nations during the millenium will be ruled with a rod of iron (Rev 19:15), and they will all eventually die after 100 years of age, unless accursed. And indeed, at the end of the millennium, men are judged by their deeds, and judgment is given accordingly. (Rev 20:13).
Even 'before' the Millennium (Jesus millennium-long day of governing over Earth ) there will be a judgement day.
At the soon coming ' time of separation' to take place on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 the figurative humble ' sheep-like ' people will receive a favorable judgement, whereas the haughty ' goat-type ' will be classed with the wicked who will be ' destroyed forever ' - Psalms 92:7.

The faithful 'sheep' will be released from the aging process as per Job 33:25.

2ndpillar

Even 'before' the Millennium (Jesus millennium-long day of governing over Earth ) there will be a judgement day.
At the soon coming ' time of separation' to take place on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 the figurative humble ' sheep-like ' people will receive a favorable judgement, whereas the haughty ' goat-type ' will be classed with the wicked who will be ' destroyed forever ' - Psalms 92:7.

The faithful 'sheep' will be released from the aging process as per Job 33:25.

I think you have tripped up on your timing. No one is "destroyed forever" until judgment day, after the millennium, at which time men will arise from their graves and be judged for their deeds. At the beginning of the millennium, only the righteous, those who have not worshipped the beast (Rev 20:4) will arise from the dead and rule. The rest of the dead remain in their graves for another 1000 years. As for Job 33, well, those that repent will be healed. The reason the followers of Paul have not been healed and "his flesh fresher than youth" (Job 33), is they have "perverted what is right", and have not repented, and remain perverting what is right.

The "judgment" of day of the LORD, pre millennium, is different than the "great white throne judgment" (Rev 20:11), post millennium. The day of the LORD is about judgment on the nations, and redemption for Judah (Joel 2:31- Joel 3:2). The "nations where I have scattered you", "I will destroy". (Jeremiah 30:11). The nations/Gentiles will live under the iron rod, and will die. (Rev 19:15) "Everyone will die for their iniquities" (Jeremiah 31:30). The birds of heaven will eat the flesh of the kings (Rev 19:17), but those kings will rise from dead for the while throne judgment, which occurs at the end of the millennium.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I think you have tripped up on your timing. No one is "destroyed forever" until judgment day, after the millennium, at which time men will arise from their graves and be judged for their deeds.
I believe that Christ has already returned and Judgment Day has already come. I do not believe anyone will be destroyed but the sheep are being separated from the goats right now. I do not believe that that anyone will "literally" rise from their graves but rather that rising from graves means the spiritual awakening that occurs when people recognize the return if Christ and rise from the graves of ignorance.

Here is a brief description of my beliefs regarding Judgment Day, resurrection, and the raising of the dead.:

“By the Resurrection is meant, He said, the appearance of a new Manifestation of the Sun of Truth. The raising of the dead means the spiritual awakening of those who are asleep in the graves of ignorance, heedlessness and lust. The Day of Judgment is the Day of the new Manifestation, by acceptance or rejection of Whose Revelation the sheep are separated from the goats, for the sheep know the voice of the Good Shepherd and follow Him.” Bahá’u’lláh and the New Era, p. 21

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe that Christ has already returned and Judgment Day has already come. I do not believe anyone will be destroyed but the sheep are being separated from the goats right now. I do not believe that that anyone will "literally" rise from their graves but rather that rising from graves means the spiritual awakening that occurs when people recognize the return if Christ and rise from the graves of ignorance.

Here is a brief description of my beliefs regarding Judgment Day, resurrection, and the raising of the dead.:

“By the Resurrection is meant, He said, the appearance of a new Manifestation of the Sun of Truth. The raising of the dead means the spiritual awakening of those who are asleep in the graves of ignorance, heedlessness and lust. The Day of Judgment is the Day of the new Manifestation, by acceptance or rejection of Whose Revelation the sheep are separated from the goats, for the sheep know the voice of the Good Shepherd and follow Him.” Bahá’u’lláh and the New Era, p. 21

Reminds me of this advice;

"Judge fairly: Were the prophecies recorded in the Gospel to be literally fulfilled; were Jesus, Son of Mary, accompanied by angels, to descend from the visible heaven upon the clouds; who would dare to disbelieve, who would dare to reject the truth, and wax disdainful? Nay, such consternation would immediately seize all the dwellers of the earth that no soul would feel able to utter a word, much less to reject or accept the truth.........It was owing to their misunderstanding of these truths that many a Christian divine hath objected to Muhammad....... whilst they themselves have failed to inhale the fragrance of the meaning of these traditions....... and are still oblivious of the fact that all the signs foretold have come to pass, that the way of God’s holy Cause hath been revealed.... whilst these foolish divines wait expecting to witness the signs foretold. Say, O ye foolish ones! Wait ye even as those before you are waiting!

Regards Tony

Last edited:

cataway

I think you have tripped up on your timing. No one is "destroyed forever" until judgment day, after the millennium, at which time men will arise from their graves and be judged for their deeds. At the beginning of the millennium, only the righteous, those who have not worshipped the beast (Rev 20:4) will arise from the dead and rule. The rest of the dead remain in their graves for another 1000 years. As for Job 33, well, those that repent will be healed. The reason the followers of Paul have not been healed and "his flesh fresher than youth" (Job 33), is they have "perverted what is right", and have not repented, and remain perverting what is right.

The "judgment" of day of the LORD, pre millennium, is different than the "great white throne judgment" (Rev 20:11), post millennium. The day of the LORD is about judgment on the nations, and redemption for Judah (Joel 2:31- Joel 3:2). The "nations where I have scattered you", "I will destroy". (Jeremiah 30:11). The nations/Gentiles will live under the iron rod, and will die. (Rev 19:15) "Everyone will die for their iniquities" (Jeremiah 31:30). The birds of heaven will eat the flesh of the kings (Rev 19:17), but those kings will rise from dead for the while throne judgment, which occurs at the end of the millennium.
no you actually have some thing wrong . the penalty for sin is death .in effect they have all ready paid for there sin . the only reason they would get another judgment is for what they do after they are resurrected.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Interesting post ^ above ^. To me the people who were drowned in the Flood are gone forever.
That was a ' divine execution ' for them, after all Noah was more than an Ark builder.
As 2 Peter 2:5 informs us that Noah was also a preacher.
Thus, pre-Flood Noah told the people about what they needed to do.
Just like today, the global spreading about the good news of God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 is informing people - Matthew 24:14.
So, when the coming ' time of separation ' arrives on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37 (pre-millennium) those haughty goat-types will also have a ' divine execution ' - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16.
A 'divine execution' before the start of Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth begins.
The thousand-year reign does Not start out with a wicked foundation of wicked ' goat ' people.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
no you actually have some thing wrong . the penalty for sin is death. in effect they have all ready paid for there sin . the only reason they would get another judgment is for what they do after they are resurrected.
Interesting ^ above ^ because Romans 6:23,7 informs us that ' death ' is the price tag that 'sin' pays.
Nowhere are we told: sin plus a post-mortem penalty, nor told about any double jeopardy for the dead.
So, yes, I agree adamic ' death wipes the slate clean ' so those dead can have a resurrection - Revelation 1:18.
A future resurrection as mentioned at Acts of the Apostles 24:15.

I find we should also be interested in the now living because the living will face a judgement at the soon coming ' time of separating ' as recorded at Matthew 25:31-33,37.
The figurative humble 'sheep'-like people can have a favorable judgement.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

I find the sheep too are also separated from the goats because the sheep know the voice of the Good Shepherd.
Know the voice and follow the Good Shepherd so as to remain alive and come through the coming ' great tribulation ' of Revelation 7:14, 9.
The humble sheep to be that 'great crowd' of people (verse 9) who will be alive on Earth, and can continue to live on Earth right into the start of Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth for a thousand years.
During that thousand-year day even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.
So, those humble sheep of Matthew 25:31-33,37 can gain everlasting life on Earth without ever having to die.

cataway

Interesting ^ above ^ because Romans 6:23,7 informs us that ' death ' is the price tag that 'sin' pays.
Nowhere are we told: sin plus a post-mortem penalty, nor told about any double jeopardy for the dead.
So, yes, I agree adamic ' death wipes the slate clean ' so those dead can have a resurrection - Revelation 1:18.
A future resurrection as mentioned at Acts of the Apostles 24:15.

I find we should also be interested in the now living because the living will face a judgement at the soon coming ' time of separating ' as recorded at Matthew 25:31-33,37.
The figurative humble 'sheep'-like people can have a favorable judgement.
may be matthew 24:40

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
may be matthew 24:40
I find the two persons of Matthew 24:40-41 to be at the time of Matthew 24:27, 37, 39 (coming of the Son of man)
That time frame does fit in with the Son of man as mentioned at Matthew 25:31(Luke 21:27; Daniel 7:13; Revelation 14:14)
Of the two: the haughty person 'taken' off the scene, and the humble one left to inherit the Earth - Psalms 37:9-11
Or, the humble person 'taken' to be saved through the coming great tribulation, and the haughty one left behind.
Left behind for destruction because the wicked will be 'destroyed forever' according to Psalm 92:7

cataway

I find the two persons of Matthew 24:40-41 to be at the time of Matthew 24:27, 37, 39 (coming of the Son of man)
That time frame does fit in with the Son of man as mentioned at Matthew 25:31(Luke 21:27; Daniel 7:13; Revelation 14:14)
Of the two: the haughty person 'taken' off the scene, and the humble one left to inherit the Earth - Psalms 37:9-11
Or, the humble person 'taken' to be saved through the coming great tribulation, and the haughty one left behind.
Left behind for destruction because the wicked will be 'destroyed forever' according to Psalm 92:7
if you under stand 'taken' off the scene" to mean they are killed the other not killed or not to receive judgment

2ndpillar

Interesting post ^ above ^. To me the people who were drowned in the Flood are gone forever.
That was a ' divine execution ' for them, after all Noah was more than an Ark builder.
As 2 Peter 2:5 informs us that Noah was also a preacher.
Thus, pre-Flood Noah told the people about what they needed to do.
Just like today, the global spreading about the good news of God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 is informing people - Matthew 24:14.
So, when the coming ' time of separation ' arrives on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37 (pre-millennium) those haughty goat-types will also have a ' divine execution ' - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16.
A 'divine execution' before the start of Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth begins.
The thousand-year reign does Not start out with a wicked foundation of wicked ' goat ' people.

At the "end of the age" the "wicked" will be taken out from the "righteous" and "cast into a furnace of fire; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 13:49-50). We are now at the "end of the age" (Daniel 12), and the "wicked will be cast into a furnace of fire", not a "lake of fire", which happens after the millennium.

2ndpillar

no you actually have some thing wrong . the penalty for sin is death .in effect they have all ready paid for there sin . the only reason they would get another judgment is for what they do after they are resurrected.

For those resurrected in the first resurrection, those without the mark of the beast, the second death has no power (Revelation 20:4-6) There is no "first resurrection" for "wicked".

The great white throne judgment is for the dead and they are judged according to the "deeds", that would be good and bad deeds. (Rev 20:12-15)

Revelation 20:12-15 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

cataway

For those resurrected in the first resurrection, those without the mark of the beast, the second death has no power (Revelation 20:4-6) There is no "first resurrection" for "wicked".

The great white throne judgment is for the dead and they are judged according to the "deeds", that would be good and bad deeds. (Rev 20:12-15)

Revelation 20:12-15 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.
No one receives a judgment for good deeds. At best. It's an ataboy. That's not a judgment. Judgment is a penalty

cataway

At the "end of the age" the "wicked" will be taken out from the "righteous" and "cast into a furnace of fire; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 13:49-50). We are now at the "end of the age" (Daniel 12), and the "wicked will be cast into a furnace of fire", not a "lake of fire", which happens after the millennium.
I suspect you really don't know what the first resurrection is. It's true no wicked will have any part in it

2ndpillar

No one receives a judgment for good deeds. At best. It's an ataboy. That's not a judgment. Judgment is a penalty

When the innocent, good wife sues the husband for divorce, the judge generally gives the wife a "judgment" based on circumstances. When you, a innocent "good" householder, sue a drunk for destroying your house, the judge generally gives you a judgment, assuming you didn't build your house in the middle of the road. When the righteous choose righteousness over wickedness, at the white throne judgment, the righteous are given a judgment of everlasting life, whereas the wicked, those not found in the book of life, are "thrown into the lake of fire". The "judgment" given to the righteous of the 'first resurrection" was that they would reign for 1000 years (Rev 20:4). The "wicked" among the dead did not receive a judgment, for they simply remained as they were, in the ground. The tribulation was a judgment, which preceded the first resurrection..

2ndpillar

I suspect you really don't know what the first resurrection is. It's true no wicked will have any part in it

Revelation 20:4-6 The resurrected will "be priest" and reign with Him for a thousand years".

The relevant question is who was the "beast" who was worshipped (Revelation 20:4). And do you worship the beast, his image, or do you bear the mark? If you don't know who the beast, or the dragon, or the false prophet is, what do you know?

cataway

When the innocent, good wife sues the husband for divorce, the judge generally gives the wife a "judgment" based on circumstances. When you, a innocent "good" householder, sue a drunk for destroying your house, the judge generally gives you a judgment, assuming you didn't build your house in the middle of the road. When the righteous choose righteousness over wickedness, at the white throne judgment, the righteous are given a judgment of everlasting life, whereas the wicked, those not found in the book of life, are "thrown into the lake of fire". The "judgment" given to the righteous of the 'first resurrection" was that they would reign for 1000 years (Rev 20:4). The "wicked" among the dead did not receive a judgment, for they simply remained as they were, in the ground. The tribulation was a judgment, which preceded the first resurrection..

Not so much a judgment .it was a determination . only guilty ones receive a judgment.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
if you under stand 'taken' off the scene" to mean they are killed the other not killed or not to receive judgment
I find judgement to be both: an 'adverse' or a 'favorable' judgement.
The figurative humble sheep of Matthew 25:37 receive a favorable judgement.
The figurative haughty goats receive and adverse judgement, the judgement to be 'destroyed forever' -Psalms 92:7
Thus, we are all urged to 'repent ' if we do Not wish to ' Perish ' ( be destroyed ) - 2 Peter 3:9