• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Does the Existence of God Negate Darwinian Evolution?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
They were going to have slavery anyway, so God mentioned what he could to keep them under control.
Oh, I see. So why doesn't that argument apply to "They were going to murder people anyway, so God mentioned what he could to keep them under control."? You are being inconsistent in your reasoning. There is no need for a "Thou shall not kill" Commandment since murders would happen either way.

Skywalker

It doesn't.

Cats produce more cats and subspecies of cats.
Felines produce more felines and subspecies of felines
Mammals produce more mammals and subspecies of mammals.
Vertebrates produce more vertebrates and subspecies of vertebrates.

Cats = still felines, mammals and vertebrates.

Cats will not produce non-cats.
If cats WOULD produce non-cats, evolution would be falsified.

Learn the theory you are so hellbend on arguing against, before attempting to argue against it.

If cats would produce cats evolution would be supported because that would be macroevolution. None of us those five kinds that you mentioned produce anything other than their own kind.

Skywalker

Oh, I see. So why doesn't that argument apply to "They were going to murder people anyway, so God mentioned what he could to keep them under control."? You are being inconsistent in your reasoning. There is no need for a "Thou shall not kill" Commandment since murders would happen either way.

Because that was a bigger priority than slavery. Do the Ten Commandments mention the occult and drugs and neglect? Not everything needs to be mentioned there.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If cats would produce cats evolution would be supported because that would be macroevolution. None of us those five kinds that you mentioned produce anything other than their own kind.
So you do not understand evolution at all.

There is no change of kind in evolution. You are still an ape. Your ancestors never stopped being an ape.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Because that was a bigger priority than slavery. Do the Ten Commandments mention the occult and drugs and neglect? Not everything needs to be mentioned there.
Really? Murder was common so they needed a Commandment against it? I doubt if that was the case. Slavery appeared to be common. There was a greater need for a Commandment against that.

Skywalker

Nope, you need to study some geology. Very very few sedimentary strata are from floods. Once again, and please do not dodge this question: Do you know what a flood is? Please give me a definition of a flood.

A flood is an amount of water that reshapes land or destroys land.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
A flood is an amount of water that reshapes land or destroys land.
Wow.
You even screwed that up...

You really should stop making it up as you go along.
Hells bells, you couldn't even get a dictionary?

Skywalker

So you do not understand evolution at all.

There is no change of kind in evolution. You are still an ape. Your ancestors never stopped being an ape.

How am I still an ape? Only people have the unique capability to appreciate God for this incredible creation and to respond to His love.

Skywalker

Really? Murder was common so they needed a Commandment against it? I doubt if that was the case. Slavery appeared to be common. There was a greater need for a Commandment against that.

It was a commandment to show that we are sinners who cannot keep the laws of God. Jesus said if you hate in your heart you committed murder.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Old Testament law punished kidnapping by death. That was a law against slavery.
That is clearly not the case. That law appears to apply only to fellow Hebrews. If that was a law against slavery then God would be an accomplice when he told people where they could buy slaves from.