• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you take caffiene?

How do you take caffiene?

• Total voters

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
before my first two cups i am violent and disheveled and lacking hand-eye coordination, which is a bad combo, essentialy what you get is a drunk hobo/frankenstein crashing around for coffee

icon14.gif
I'm more of a retarded werewolf myself.

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
What do you take? Do you have to switch to a different method to keep the high going?

Energy drinks and soda, mostly. I can't stand coffee. I eat chocolate, but not for the caffeine. I don't need a high, really, I just need to be more awake.

Dr. Nosophoros

"Rockstar" energy drinks...... it's just a gateway drug.
WEEEEHAAW!!!!

Next thing you know you will be smoking Meth!

Eating right and exercising could do wonders, who would have thunk it?

Booko

Deviled Hen
I do my caffeine in moderation, but one of the options you didn't list is an herbal use long known (and used liberally in WWI for pain and as a detox method).

*ahem* The squeamish and those eating should not read below this line.

Coffee enema

Boil 1/2 c. coffee (preferably organic) in 3 c. water for 5 minutes. Reduce to simmer for another 15 minuts. LET COOL. Pour through fine sieve and use as for any other enema. :eek:

It works especially well for those suffering from arthritis pain, liver problems (including excessive alcohol use) or those detoxing from heavy metals.

(Well, you did ask!)

Booko

Deviled Hen
sooooo....

Does it bother anyone that caffeine is addictive?

No, because Baha'is fast for 19 days in March each year. Even though I am not allowed to do the no-food-or-water-between-sunup-and-sundown fast, I always cut out caffeine during this time. Doing so lets me know if I've gotten excessive. If I get a withdrawal headache for the first 3 days, then I know I was addicted. I haven't had one of those in years, though.

Mostly I drink organic water-processed decaf coffee (I don't need the pick me up because I eat balanced meals anyway :)), very weak tea, and the odd bit of chocolate.

I don't drink or eat anything for the caffeine. It's just that without coffee and tea, there's nothing I could drink except for water, and maybe Perrier with some lime juice squirted into it. How boring.

Also, there's nearly nowhere I can eat out anymore (only MIddle Eastern restaurants), but at least if I want to do something "social" I can go out to Starbucks or someplace like that.

thewanderer

Ancilla Deae et Dei
Unfortunately, caffiene does absolutely squat for me. I once chugged a "monster"... and then (hold your breath for the dramatic outcome...)
nothing happened.

ayani

Kung- oh, my goodness. a good friend of mine was hooked on Rockstar.

just be careful- they actually have a label on there that says pregnant women, children, and the elderly should not be drinking it. anything that dangerous to some would set off alarms for me, man.

as for caffine, i go for diet coke or coffee.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My primary caffiene source is Monster. Coffee just after that. Pills once in awhile, if I'm really draging bottom and need an extra energy boost.

1nharmony

A Coco-Nut
Dark cocoa is my primary source of caffeine. I AM addicted to coffee, but not for the caffeine (mine is usually 1/2-caf or less). I just love the aroma and what it is associated with which, for me, is relaxing and reading.

I also chose the smoking option, not because I have tried it, but because it sounds intriguing and I just might! (I wonder if the grounds should be fresh or previously-brewed? )
:camp: Did you know they make firelogs out of compressed coffee grounds?

As to the question of addiction, coffee has a naturally enforced regulatory system. It's called the "*jitters*".

:monkey: :tigger: :trampo:

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Chocolate!!!!! Aw man, I'm getting weak thinking about chocolate. It's almost as sweet as my fiance. What? I'm in a mischievous mood today! :p

UnTheist

I'm a slave to chocolate :(.

Last time I got into a habit of drinking coffee, I would feel like crap if I didn't drink any.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
sooooo....

Does it bother anyone that caffeine is addictive?
Doesn't bother me.
I quit smoking, I'm sure I could give up caffiene.
But the giant black cans with a green M on them keep me going.

Aqualung

Tasty
I'm finding that coffee just doesn't have that kick anymore for me. My main method is now with Rockstar energy drinks but at two dollars each it's getting expensive. Before I was a coffee drinker I took generic caffiene pills for only three dollars for a whole box. Back when I did manual labor I used Ripped Fuel or Stacker pills but that might be too strong for what I do now, just sitting at a desk. When all else fails I take a sleeping pill as soon as I get home from work and pass out for the night. After a couple of days of no caffien and taking sleeping pills I'm back to normal and can get the normal high back with a cup of coffee. What do you take? Do you have to switch to a different method to keep the high going?
This is what you should do. Grind up caffeine pills and dissolve them into some sort of nasal spray. This will give you a caffeine higher much greater than ingesting caffeine, and it will come quicker.

that being said, I occaisionally drink soda or eat chocolate, but not often.