• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do You Raise A Child?

Pozessed

Todd
How do you raise to be part of the solution to what you think is the biggest problems in the world today?

This is 2 questions in 1.

What do you consider to be the biggest problems in the world?

How do you raise a child to be part of the solution to these problems?

Me Myself

Back to my username
I think one should raise a child to be calmed and confident, helpful and loving and the circumstances where it is hardest to do this.

I think this can most effectively be taught by example.

I assume it should be hard as hell :eek:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
How do you raise to be part of the solution to what you think is the biggest problems in the world today?

The main ones are all to some degree of another a consequence of too many people having too many children, unfortunately.

By not overburdening oneself. That means, among other things, avoiding having children if at all possible, and being extended family and having available time to actually make a difference.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I'm sorry I don't think avoiding having children is a good answer to "how to raise a child"..

There won't be any people, children or otherwise probably in 100 years if today everyone had no more kids.So...is how to raise a child... the answer is humans should go extinct?

How to raise a tomato plant....A: don't plant a tomato seed and grow a tomato plant.. :confused:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
My answer..teach them empathy...to avoid complacency...encourage curiousity and learning/knowledge of their surroundings...hope for the best.

Treks

The safest way to raise a child is on a cherry picker accompanied by an adult. *nods wisely*

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
The main ones are all to some degree of another a consequence of too many people having too many children, unfortunately.

Lolz... is it horrible I was thinking the same thing? Best way to raise a child to combat the master problems of the current human era: don't have them in the first place. If you must, adopt. >_<;

As with any form of influence, be the change you wish to see in the world. Others, children or otherwise, will be influenced and emulate.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

• xenophobia
  • maximize diversity

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
How to raise a child:
Step 1: Place hands around child's waist or below armpits, depending upon size of child.
Step 2: Lift up.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
My hunch is that tribalism and associated things are the biggest problems in the world today especially in so far as they cause or facilitate wars and destructive conflicts.

Without mentioning specifics, I would raise a child to see beyond those things and to embrace both human diversity and commonalities.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I'm sorry I don't think avoiding having children is a good answer to "how to raise a child"..

There won't be any people, children or otherwise probably in 100 years if today everyone had no more kids.So...is how to raise a child... the answer is humans should go extinct?

How to raise a tomato plant....A: don't plant a tomato seed and grow a tomato plant.. :confused:

Do you see that as a realistic worry, though?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Do you see that as a realistic worry, though?

I guess I don't see that as an answer to how to raise a child.I see it as an answer to the question how to rid the world of all people . :confused:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
See, that is my question: is that a real risk at all?

I just do not see it as happening. At all.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
See, that is my question: is that a real risk at all?

I just do not see it as happening. At all.

And in fact, it would probably benefit society as a whole if some people chose not to have kids, but instead devoted that energy to other worthwhile endeavors, that would ultimately make the world a better place. (Or, at the very least, would leave that much more resources available to other kids, rather than squandering it for their own.)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
And in fact, it would probably benefit society as a whole if some people chose not to have kids, but instead devoted that energy to other worthwhile endeavors, that would ultimately make the world a better place. (Or, at the very least, would leave that much more resources available to other kids, rather than squandering it for their own.)

I completely agree. It seems to me that we have come to the point where among those resources, relatives and loved ones that are not too burdened with children of their own are a fairly scarce one already.

And it is not like we are even remotely at risk of dying out due to lack of desire of having children...