• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you know the Quran is not the word of God?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I've heard so many Christians say that they are certain the Bible is the inerrant word of God. So certain are they, that they devote their life to it and are willing to die for it.

However, Muslims are certain that the Quran is the word of God, and they're willing to die for their beliefs as well. How do I know you have anymore credibility than a Muslim who thinks the Quran is the word of God?

Of course, you know that the Bible is without error and it is the word of God. You just know. Muslims just know that the Quran is the inerrant word of God. Who's right and who's wrong?

Can't they both be wrong?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I've heard so many Christians say that they are certain the Bible is the inerrant word of God. So certain are they, that they devote their life to it and are willing to die for it.

However, Muslims are certain that the Quran is the word of God, and they're willing to die for their beliefs as well. How do I know you have anymore credibility than a Muslim who thinks the Quran is the word of God?

Of course, you know that the Bible is without error and it is the word of God. You just know. Muslims just know that the Quran is the inerrant word of God. Who's right and who's wrong?

...or they could both be kinda right ...

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma

All the Abrahamic so-called faiths are wrong with their dogmatic inerrancy myths.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
both you call anything perfect, you need to find but a single mistake. perfection is an extremely fragile concept indeed, which i can imagine why many Muslims react so violently to any kind of criticism of the quran.

I guess for each religion, both are the words of God. Each religion has their own sacred book and I guess each one is as authentic as the other one so there shouldn't be any comparison on who's more valid or not. Because I guess that is what differentiates one religion from the other. For me personally, God is just one.. but each religion has their own understanding of who that mysterious and unknown entity is and what it means for them..

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
If any of the Abrahamic scripture was written by the creator of the universe, than that creator is either a psychopath or a sociopath.

But seriously, the odds of any of these books NOT being written by primitive men is exceedingly small.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's quite silly to take what is essentially a human made work, like the Quran and Bible and and make a bizzare claim like it's from something else like a God.

If any of the Abrahamic scripture was written by the creator of the universe, than that creator is either a psychopath or a sociopath.

But seriously, the odds of any of these books NOT being written by primitive men is exceedingly small.
We must admit that each sacred textwas written by humans.. therefore interpretations and teachings are bound to be different. Even when the whole idea is the same.

... How do I know you have anymore credibility than a Muslim who thinks the Quran is the word of God?

Quran says:
…The Messiah, Jesus, … was but a messenger of Allah ….believe in Allah and His messengers. …
Surat An-Nisā' 4:171
http://quran.com/4/171

So, if I believe what Jesus said, I do as Quran tells and Bible is correct. :)

Do you know anything of the Quran that is in contradiction with the Bible?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Quran says:
…The Messiah, Jesus, … was but a messenger of Allah ….believe in Allah and His messengers. …
Surat An-Nisā' 4:171
http://quran.com/4/171

So, if I believe what Jesus said, I do as Quran tells and Bible is correct. :)

Do you know anything of the Quran that is in contradiction with the Bible?
There is a verse that says do not take Jews or Christians as your friends. There are also calls to violence and glorification of cutting off hands and feet, crucifixion, and pouring boiling water on people.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
It's quite silly to take what is essentially a human made work, like the Quran and Bible and and make a bizzare claim like it's from something else like a God.

The Qur’an like the Bible and Torah had to have some divine inspiration and if we entertain that truth how do we know God did not speak to us?