• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you detect "design"?

leroy

No, they are always designed, because all numbers and letters are designed as they are that. It is a general feature of numbers and letters.
Now they can be designed as ordelrly according to the program in the computer who can read the code or not orderly, but in both cases they are designed. Just as orderly or not in regards to the program.
My point is that you can type random numbers and letters from your keyboard and create a QR

leroy

Why do you think this is important?

You're supposed to be sharing with us your system for detecting design in nature.
Then you give an example of something we know is designed from the get-go, and then tell me that if a QR code doesn't open a website then we "don't know" if it was designed or not. Of course we know it was designed, regardless of whether or not it opens a website.

It's a flaw in your argument.

No, if it doesn't open a website, we still know that the QR code was designed! This is why I keep explaining to you about the QR code that I designed once that didn't work properly and didn't open the website I wanted it to open. That doesn't mean we "don't know" if the QR code was designed. We still know it was designed. By me.

Stop telling me that I'm pretending this or that. You don't know me.

Maybe you need to start facing facts that your assertions aren't holding up under scrutiny.
You have been corrected multiple times and you still make the same mistakes…………….I am done with you

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
My point is that you can type random numbers and letters from your keyboard and create a QR

Yeah, now type in random numbers and letter in the universe as such and explain how you do that. Where is the keyboard for the universe so we can do the test on the universe and what is a QR in regards to the universe, so we can make it random.
Can you answer that?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
ATP-synthase is known for being part of a process. I don't need to be so detailed on a public forum.
Maybe in another site I would have been more exquisite in details.
Detailed references have ben provide for the origin of ATP synthesis and you have provided nothing and failed to respond to the references.
PS: I didn't open this thread ... and you are in the same hole I got the other one for the same reason: you just try to disqualify others when you know what they say is true. That is not honest, and people who is not honest in one thing may not be honest in anything else.
Nothing has been provided by your support your argument,

leroy

The data is designed as well, regardless of whether or not it opens a website.

Numbers and letters were also invented by humans as a means to communicate with each other. They are also designed.
If you type random letters from your keyboard and create a QR, this mechanism would be a random mechanism (therefore no designed)

1 yes the computer would be designed

2 the QR generator would be designed

3 the QR would be designed

4 but the combinations of letters that you inserted where random (non designed)

Honestly……………….why is this so hard to understand?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The agenda of Jehovah's Witnesses is to help as many people as we can to find the truth about

who gave us life and deserves our gratitude,
why humanity is suffering while human leaders continue to harm people and the planet,
what will happen in the future
and what opportunities they have to survive it.

So: truth and right... that agenda is what all human beings should pursue.
I am referring to the issue of science.

Every church and religion claims to do what you claim above.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In my own opinion my comment was sufficiently clear, precise and brief on the issue.
Two others have disagreed with you already in less than an hour. And I pointed out a few errors.
I wasn't trying to lecture anyone or brag... For that I would do what you do, copy/paste articles from the web and pretend that you understand them.
You would? That's quite the self-own. Isn't there anything you feel qualified to write about without plagiarizing another source?

Incidentally, it's easy to identify a plagiarizer. Just excise a quote and search the Internet for it. Or use on of the free plagiarism checkers on the net.

Thanks for saying that you thought my words were too good to be my own. I was just on another thread where the discussion was about Trump's claim that Biden must have been on performance enhancing drugs for his State of the Union speech earlier this year and the reason for him demanding a drug test before debating. That was also an unintended compliment.
ATP-synthase is known for being part of a process.
Yes, but that's not what you wrote.
Maybe in another site I would have been more exquisite in details.
I don't believe that you could provide any detail at all about that enzyme or the subject of metabolism or ATP from your own knowledge, and apparently you agree. You said that you would plagiarize if you wanted to "lecture" as you have accused me of doing.
The agenda of Jehovah's Witnesses is to help as many people as we can to find the truth about

who gave us life and deserves our gratitude,
why humanity is suffering while human leaders continue to harm people and the planet,
what will happen in the future
and what opportunities they have to survive it.

So: truth and right... that agenda is what all human beings should pursue.
My agenda includes the pursuit of truth. Yours doesn't. You don't have truth - just unfalsifiable and insufficiently supported claims.

Last edited:

leroy

The data is designed as well, regardless of whether or not it opens a website.

Numbers and letters were also invented by humans as a means to communicate with each other. They are also designed.
If you type random letters from your keyboard and create a QR, this mechanism would be a random mechanism (therefore no designed)

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Yeah, now do that for the universe using the universe's computer, camera, keybord and program and how the QR is for the universe.
Please, answer. We are so close. You just have to do it for the universe as such and you will be the greatest scientist ever. I trust that you can do it, so how come you don't?

leroy

Yeah, now type in random numbers and letter in the universe as such and explain how you do that. Where is the keyboard for the universe so we can do the test on the universe and what is a QR in regards to the universe, so we can make it random.
Can you answer that?
You keep asking that, But I honestly don’t understand your question………………I am not claiming that computers and QR in this example are analogues to the universe…. But I am not sure if that is what you are implying

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You keep asking that, But I honestly don’t understand your question………………I am not claiming that computers and QR in this example are analogues to the universe…. But I am not sure if that is what you are implying

Well, then your test is not relevant if it can't be applied to the universe, because then we can't test if the universe is designed or not.
So your test is useless in effect for whether the universe is designed or not.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You have been corrected multiple times and you still make the same mistakes…………….I am done with you
LOL You've not responded to any of my counterarguments to yours in any meaningful way. You just keep typing (and using incorrectly) "straw man" and then repeating the same exact thing yet again.

You do know that numbers and letters are also designed, right?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

This speaks to my example again ...

I once created a QR code that didn't work as intended and didn't lead to any website. You seem to think that means we can't tell whether the QR code is designed, which is absurd. Of course it's designed. QR codes don't occur in nature. Also, numbers and letters don't occur in nature either. Humans made them up in order to communicate thoughts and ideas with other humans.

Your methodology is flawed from the get-go, it seems.

That's what I've been wondering about you in my head during this entire discussion. Do you think all the people in this thread that are pointing out the errors in your argumentation and methodology are just a bunch of thick idiots who can't grasp what you're saying, or perhaps, just maybe, you've not made a coherent argument and your methodology could be flawed? I mean if the roles were reversed here, I'd probably be re-thinking some stuff.

Eli G

I do not have, and never had, the slightest intention of explaining how cellular respiration happens, although it is easy to know what it is about. I am not an expert on the subject nor do I claim to be.

The thread is not about explaining that process, but that no scientist can explain how the process originated in the first place.

You spend too much time going off on tangents... If you were interested in the truth, you wouldn't spend so much time throwing smoke screens... I'm here to expose you in front of other readers.

We are the nemesis of the liars. Don't play with the wrong people.

leroy

Well, then your test is not relevant if it can't be applied to the universe, because then we can't test if the universe is designed or not.
So your test is useless in effect for whether the universe is designed or not.
My test tells you If anything is designed.

With my test you can ether

1 determine if the data in the QR was designed

Or

2 determine if the values of the constants of the universe are designed

does that answer your question?

leroy

This speaks to my example again ...

I once created a QR code that didn't work as intended and didn't lead to any website. You seem to think that means we can't tell whether the QR code is designed, which is absurd. Of course it's designed. QR codes don't occur in nature. Also, numbers and letters don't occur in nature either. Humans made them up in order to communicate thoughts and ideas with other humans.

Your methodology is flawed from the get-go, it seems.

That's what I've been wondering about you in my head during this entire discussion. Do you think all the people in this thread that are pointing out the errors in your argumentation and methodology are just a bunch of thick idiots who can't grasp what you're saying, or perhaps, just maybe, you've not made a coherent argument and your methodology could be flawed? I mean if the roles were reversed here, I'd probably be re-thinking some stuff.
Strawman over strawman

The data that you insert in a QR generator could be designed or random (non designed)

Why is this so hard to understand?

Pogo

No I did not used the SC method-…------------ ohhh see once again you received clear and direct answers from me……………….why can´t I get the same courtesy?

I am not saying that SC is the only method/way to detect design………….I am saying that it is *A* method

Someone told me that QR are designed (I even remember that moment)

I already provided the example multiple times and you keep ignoring it

The data that one insert in a QR generator could be designed or non designed

Why cant you answer with a simple yes or a simple no?.....the question was...
"The data (numbers and letters)that you insert in QR generator could be ether designed or non designed .......yes or no?"

Yes that has been granted multiple times I agree.

But the numbers and letters that one would insert in a QR generator could be designed or non designed……………………………if you don’t explicitly deny this fact I will assume that you agree and move on

Whether if it matters to you or not is irrelevant…………….we can still ask the question

¿was the paint was putted in there by design or was it spilled randomly?

The paint itself might be a manufactured (designed) object….. but the mechanism responsible for the paint in the rocks could be designed or non designed.
And I gave you a pair of QRs for you to determine design and you could not even guess. Your method is worthless which is what we are trying to explain to you.

Pogo

Which would or would not be designed by which of your criteria?
Would it depend on you to recognize the sequence?

Pogo

so not designed as far as you can tell with your method?