• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you break the RF addiction?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
After my first year on RF I have come to the conclusion that I am indeed an addict. I have become a slave to this craving giving into my desire at the strangest times.
I find myself getting out of bed at 3am just to check the forum.

I have a great social life but even with the presence of visitors I find myself "sneaking" a quick look at the forum. I tell myself that I will stay away for a bit of time only to be on here the next day.

In the time I have been active on RF many people seem to have successfully left the forum, while others like myself try only to return days or weeks later.
The person who persuaded me to try this forum is not here. I never told anyone who brought me here for fear that they would automatically reject me. This person told me I would never last since I was so much a "fundy"....:rolleyes:
I'm a liberal "fundy" though.....I'm still here too...:help:
I'm such an addict, anyone else feel this way?
I guess I just love you all even though we all don't always agree....;)

tomspug

Absorbant
As long as you only read the uninteresting threads, you should be fine.

The other way is to start an unnecessary feud with a handful of inflammatory forum members, take it personally, and shun RF as a form of redemption.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
As long as you only read the uninteresting threads, you should be fine.

The other way is to start an unnecessary feud with a handful of inflammatory forum members, take it personally, and shun RF as a form of redemption.
It's difficult for me to take things personally though, I find humor in most everything and it just comes so naturally to me.....:D
Some threads may be uninteresting but the posts are great anyway.....;)

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
After my first year on RF I have come to the conclusion that I am indeed an addict. I have become a slave to this craving giving into my desire at the strangest times.
I find myself getting out of bed at 3am just to check the forum.

I have a great social life but even with the presence of visitors I find myself "sneaking" a quick look at the forum. I tell myself that I will stay away for a bit of time only to be on here the next day.
I have an active social life as well, but for years I have always used the internet as another tool for social information and interaction. further more I also have a tendency to stay logged on even if im away from the puter for a whole day. :p
when I have time at home (especially now days) I indulge myself in the internet plenty of the time.
we are social creatures after all, and RF is an easy way to get that fix of taking part in a social forum, with people from around the world no less.
here. I never told anyone who brought me here for fear that they would automatically reject me. This person told me I would never last since I was so much a "fundy"....:rolleyes:
I dont get a sense of fundiness from you :D
I guess I just love you all even though we all don't always agree....;)
:group:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Pff, I am such an addict I got about 14 different members to use here. I love debating myself, so I have one where I am a theist, I have one where I am agnost etc..

Got banned under my nickname the duke though :D:D

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I have an active social life as well, but for years I have always used the internet as another tool for social information and interaction. further more I also have a tendency to stay logged on even if im away from the puter for a whole day. :p [/b]
when I have time at home (especially now days) I indulge myself in the internet plenty of the time.
we are social creatures after all, and RF is an easy way to get that fix of taking part in a social forum, with people from around the world no less.
I dont get a sense of fundiness from you :D

:group:

Thank you Caladan for the group hug...:D
Well for many years I have been a "fundy" but never like some who use it for condemnation and strong arming people into my belief....I respect everyone for who they are, not what they are....
I really enjoy talking to everyone and even sharing in their personal emotions and problems....It really helps to get other peoples opinions and I respect and appreciate everyone on here....When there is a real problem most of them come through like true friends.....
The support they gave me through my surgery was wonderful and it meant so much to me...I'll shall never forget them for that....

Stellify

StarChild
Yeah, you now like you think well I'll get on the forum for a while maybe 30 min or so and before you know it 3 hours later, and your sitting there wondering where the time went?????:eek:
*le gasp!* I know!
That's exactly what happened to me this morning! I should have logged off hours ago! lol

A

angellous_evangellous

How to cure the RF addiction:

Make a youtube video in which you say "My name is ------ and Angellous is my daddy."

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I haven't ever tried to leave the forum in hopes of never coming back. I guess I'm not an addict though, because I can just not sign on for a few days and I don't care. :D If you like being here though, I don't see why you'd need to leave. I suppose the easiest way to leave and never come back would be to do it slowly, by just not signing on for a few days, and then signing on, and then taking a whole week off, and then signing on for a day, and then taking two weeks off, until you don't really care what's going on here anymore. I've never had to actually force myself to stay away from a website. It's always just been that I got tired of it and stopped going to it.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Hello Hannah good to read your post, I haven't heard from you for a while.

I don't want to leave permanently but even staying away a few days gives me "withdrawls" and I have to get online for my fix....;)
In December when my computer was sick and in the "puter" hospital for a week I found myself running to the library to get on the computer.

Like I said some people have left and haven't been back they must have great will power or they just didn't love ya all the way I do.....:p

challupa

Or go for a couple weeks holiday somewhere you don't have internet access. That helps I think. I don't know though I am starting to have the same thing happen. I am growing quite attached to the people here as I get to know personalities etc. :group:

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Or go for a couple weeks holiday somewhere you don't have internet access. That helps I think. I don't know though I am starting to have the same thing happen. I am growing quite attached to the people here as I get to know personalities etc. :group:
I'd probably just end up getting a lap top or trying to find somewhere that I could use a computer for a couple of hours.....I would spend my vacation driving and hunting.....:rolleyes: