• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do we know Krishna, Buddha or Moses existed?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This passage?
"Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."

No

This.....

It may be that it is the heart we must put all our search into, this from Baha'u'llah, I find to be a most powerful meditation;

"...O SON OF SPIRIT! My first counsel is this: Possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart, that thine may be a sovereignty ancient, imperishable and everlasting..."

Some of us question that. Just a few posts before this a Baha'i is pretty much telling a person that if they have a pure heart and are truly seeking they will find the truth... that truth is obviously the Baha'i Faith and not the truth that is within their own religion.

That is not what that passage says to me. ;) To me it says one will be gifted the Truth, no matter where it dawns from, it is timeless.

Regards Tony

Hope that clears that up.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
CG, what do you want from me? An apology? Reparations? What do you want from me? I've done everything I could think of to try to help improve the attitudes and behavior of Baha'is in Internet discussions. If you have any better ideas for me, tell me, and maybe I'll try them.

This may be worth a thought, I use it a lot. :)

Whenever you recognize the fault of another, think of yourself: What are my imperfections?-and try to remove them. Do this whenever you are tried through the words or deeds of others. Thus you will grow, become more perfect. You will overcome self, you will not even have time to think of the faults of others. – Abdu’l-Baha, Star of the West, Volume 5, p. 138.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
The internet can be very deceptive.

It can also be very informative. 'Deceptive' means 'not conforming to my personal views'.

There is a ton of documented evidence of big troubles in the Baha'i faith in the beginning
While we are alive the game is still in progress. No one is caught off base until you are judged out. Until that day, we keep playing the game.

Regards Tony

Judged out? We? Lots of folks don't believe in getting judged. What game?

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I too do not believe in a historical Krishna. But Buddha is recent. Just about 150 years before Alexander.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I too do not believe in a historical Krishna. But Buddha is recent. Just about 150 years before Alexander.
Me neither. I am open to the possibility there may have been a historical figure of that name, and over time, the story got exaggerated or embellished. After all, our storytelling was oral, and we all know how that can go, over time.

But as is ... nah.