• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do we know god is good, and satan is evil?

Altfish

Veteran Member
God is obviously the good guy because according to the Bible he killed about 2,500,000 people whereas Satan killed about 10..

...oh wait a minute, that can't be right

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
God is obviously the good guy because according to the Bible he killed about 2,500,000 people whereas Satan killed about 10..

...oh wait a minute, that can't be right
If god really did kill more than Lucifer did then the christians are following the wrong guy. Just saying.

Ben Avraham

And that is the interesting part. A lot of christians rather blame Lucifer for their problems and supposedly "The evil Lucifer has done".

I know, they make up a legend apart from themselves to blame it for their wrongdoings and blame HaShem when it does not work as they expected.

Ben Avraham

So god is real and Lucifer is not?

That's right! HaShem is real and the evidence is in the fact that He caused the Universe to exist. Lucifer aka Satan is only a concept to mean the adversary's evil inclination in us to oppose us when we choose to do good.

Last edited:

Kelly of the Phoenix

Depends on the author. In the bible, Yahweh is awesome, Satan is a jerk, Baal is evil (or doesn't exist ... depends on how monotheistic the author was). In the Epic of Baal, many scenes in the bible are kind of present here, except Yahweh is evil, Satan isn't there, and Baal is awesome.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
In reality we know Jack all, we only go by scriptures that were written many years ago in an age of ignorance and superstition, and in truth that is all we know, to say you truly know is to me one big lie.

Ben Avraham

In reality we know Jack all, we only go by scriptures that were written many years ago in an age of ignorance and superstition, and in truth that is all we know, to say you truly know is to me one big lie.

Listen, psychoslice, if you are sure that I don't know what I am talking about, the only civilized method to deny what I am saying is by demonstrating the opposite of what I say. For instance, I defend the position that the Primal Cause caused the Universe to exist. I am saying it not because of the Bible but because of Logic and Physics. And how are you denying what I say? Through sarcastic statements! That's not a good way to get through your opponent! The only civilized way to prove I am wrong is by stating what or Who caused the Universe to exist. Do that because, I am interested rather on your opinion than on your denial without basis.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Listen, psychoslice, if you are sure that I don't know what I am talking about, the only civilized method to deny what I am saying is by demonstrating the opposite of what I say. For instance, I defend the position that the Primal Cause caused the Universe to exist. I am saying it not because of the Bible but because of Logic and Physics. And how are you denying what I say? Through sarcastic statements! That's not a good way to get through your opponent! The only civilized way to prove I am wrong is by stating what or Who caused the Universe to exist. Do that because, I am interested rather on your opinion than on your denial without basis.
What I say may sound sarcastic to you because you don't agree and it goes against you beliefs, don't put the sarcastic label on me just because you don't agree, there has never in the whole of humanity any proof of a god, you prove that and we can talk.:rolleyes:

Ben Avraham

What I say may sound sarcastic to you because you don't agree and it goes against you beliefs, don't put the sarcastic label on me just because you don't agree, there has never in the whole of humanity any proof of a god, you prove that and we can talk.:rolleyes:

There is no problem with your objection. If you are so sure that there is no God, all I ask is your opinion on what or
Who caused the Universe to exist. According to Physical Logic, the Universe could not have caused itself to exist,
Why don't you say something, because you don't know? If you don't know, why do you deny what other people claim
to know? When you don't like the views of other people, you must have something else to replace their views with.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Good - 'cause it makes you look like a dilettante web-designer.
I'll keep that in mind although, to be honest, I'd settle for dilettante web-designer. I managed to get an 'A' on the two college courses I took on a whim, but never did much with it. On the other hand, I'm retired after 30 years of embedded system software design and was quite good at it. But we digress.

Before one can say anything about god being good or evil, one must first identify and validate a method by which one can 'know' anything at all about the preternatural. "Satan' is, in some says, more interesting because it has been reframed a couple of times over it's history.

shmogie

"Good" and "evil" are man-made concepts, so flip a coin.
Really ? Then how do you explain why, in most cultures, certain forms of murder, theft, rape and other "evil things" are considered evil ?? If the concept is man made wouldn't we find somewhere a tribe, or culture, where ALL murder is good, or ALL theft, or ALL rape ? The odds would certainly seem to favor somewhere something like this existing, but as far as I know none exists.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Really ? Then how do you explain why, in most cultures, certain forms of murder, theft, rape and other "evil things" are considered evil ?? If the concept is man made wouldn't we find somewhere a tribe, or culture, where ALL murder is good, or ALL theft, or ALL rape ? The odds would certainly seem to favor somewhere something like this existing, but as far as I know none exists.

Some cultures practice "honor killings" of young women for the most ridiculous of reasons. This is considered acceptable and required. Thankfully most of us consider murder "evil".

shmogie

Some cultures practice "honor killings" of young women for the most ridiculous of reasons. This is considered acceptable and required. Thankfully most of us consider murder "evil".
I agree, but those very same cultures define other murders as evil, why ?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree, but those very same cultures define other murders as evil, why ?
Killings considered unlawful by a society is defined as murder. This makes "society considers murder evil" a tautology, like unmarried bachelor.
Society is a cooperative group of individuals. For cooperation to occur penalties for cheating or harming or killing the guy you are cooperating with is necessary. Without it...no cooperation...no society. So all societies will outlaw certain kinds of intra-group harms for it to survive as a society and not to disband. Simple.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
That's right! HaShem is real and the evidence is in the fact that He caused the Universe to exist. Lucifer aka Satan is only a concept to mean the adversary's evil inclination in us to oppose us when we choose to do good.
Mkays then. I still believe Lucifer is real.