• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did you come up with your username on RF?

spookboy0

I was looking through the threads and noticed a wide range of usernames. How did you come up with yours?

As for me...

Spook: I was born on Halloween
Boy: I am of the male gender
0: A random number

Bishka

Veteran Member
My first name obviusly is becky, soup - my last name is Campbell, 61 - the year both my parents were born.

standing_alone

Well, my original name was Xians2theLions, which's offensiveness was kindly pointed out to me by several members. I meant it to just be a joke, not to insult (since Christianity disappointed me a bit - but I have nothing against Christians or Christianity in general, just certain aspects). But since it was insulting and I had to agree that it was in poor taste and it just reflected bad on me in general, I changed my name to standing_alone. It's kind of influenced by the song "I Stand Alone" by Godsmack and I've always been sort of a loner and sometimes when I'm defending my beliefs or views on something, I'm the only one, so I'm alone against whoever's all attacking my views, so... I don't know. I think my RF name is stupid, but it's better than Xians2theLions (I'll give it that).

Fluffy

A fool
Fluffy:
An accusation that has been levelled at me quite regularly is that of being a "fluffy bunny" or not really understanding the pagan side of my beliefs.
It also comes from a random name generator, of which the full title assigned to me was "Fluffy the pedestrian licker"
Sometimes I add "654" (no meaning just easy to remember) onto the end of it when "Fluffy" has been taken.

Aqualung

Tasty
I was listening to the song Aqulaung by Jethro Tull when I was signing up for some forum, and I've just used that username whenever possible since then.

Ðanisty

Ðanisty was a character I played in a Mage: The Ascension game. She became one of my favorites so I started using it online. It's the only name I use online now.

fromthe heart

I think mine is self explainatory but should it not be mine came out of the fact that I rely on my feelings on stuff so I speak mostly from my heart, I care about ALL people, try to never be hurtful...thus I'm heartful...make sense...so does my name suit me as you know me? LOL

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I've explained my name once in another thread... but in case you missed it:
Buttons- was my nick name Freshman year, cause one girl said i reminded her of her cat, Buttons, and she said i was cute as a button... and it was all i could think of....
* - I love asterisks... *smiles*

Mike182

Flaming Queer
spookboy0 said:
I was looking through the threads and noticed a wide range of usernames. How did you come up with yours?
my name is michael, shortend to mike
and because i kinda like "blink182" i put 182 at the end :eek:

cardero

Citizen Mod
How did you come up with your username on RF?
I didn't, my parents did.

Believe me, mrscarrdero's story is more interesting.

turk179

I smell something....
There was a movie back in the 80's I believe with the title Turk182 and because that user name is always taken whenever I try to register somewhere so I went down from 182 until I reached one that they would except. 179 was the number I always reached when it would finally get accepted. Pretty simple. Other than that I just like the name. For a little while I went by the name Orion on here. The reason for this is because I feel a deep connection with this name.