• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How come the rapture never came?

Just curious. I was told that people would fly up into the sky and their cars would crash. I was told it was to happen in the 90s.

Folks were all ready for it.

There were bumper stickers.

But..........on the day it was to be here, nothing happened.

I bet preachers made a FORTUNE off this.

Misty

Apparently in the US you can take out an insurance policy to ensure your pets are looked after when the rapture comes! I believe it is big business:facepalm:. I am pretty sure such a scam in the UK would be recognised for what it is!

MurphtheSurf

Just curious. I was told that people would fly up into the sky and their cars would crash. I was told it was to happen in the 90s.

Folks were all ready for it.

There were bumper stickers.

But..........on the day it was to be here, nothing happened.

I bet preachers made a FORTUNE off this.

There is no rapture. It's just another false teaching. I don't care what Kirk Cameron says.

DeitySlayer

President of Chindia
Because it's not going to happen. The Bible said Jesus was going to return within a hundred years or so, but that never happened either.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
It did happen. It's just that no Christians were worthy of being taken. I think there may have been one or two people, but they were just assumed to have gone missing.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
It's nothing more than a doomsday prophecy.

The rapture plays in with the idea of the second coming. The second coming of Jesus has been predicted for quite some time. And as generation after generation passes, new interpretations are needed.

A logical answer though to your question would be that simply the time wasn't right.

BruceDLimber

We see the Second Coming as already having happened (about a century and a half ago)!

And the "rapture" never came because it was a human extrapolation not based on any accurate understanding of scripture.

Simple as that. :)

Bruce