• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Christian fundamentalists plan to teach genocide to schoolchildren

Rocky S

Christian Goth
So, God directly causes natural disasters? Natural disasters have a divine purpose?

I disagree.
If you are referring to Noah's flood yes in that specific incident. But generally no, I don't think God causes natural disasters

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
me myself said:
At what point do we start taking talk of genocide seriously? How would we feel about a nonreligious group that instructs its students that if they should ever receive an order to commit genocide, they should fulfill it to the letter?

And finally, when does a religious group qualify as a "hate group"?

that last part I wanted to re-post here, because honestly the answers should be obvious.
When it is aimed at the present and not a retrospective justification. Begs the question of who is ordering. When they preach hate. Are those the obvious answers you came up with?

Skwim said:
In essence, one of the the CEF messages comes down to:

God always does good
God visited genocide upon the Amalekites
That isn't the message of the lesson, just like the usage of the Binding of Isaac isn't about human sacrifice. It is about obedience in the face of difficulty, following God even when we don't want to or it hurts to do so.

Old Paths said:
They will be training little evangelical soldiers off to take care of the opposition.

Why our government doesn't step in remains a mystery to me.
They don't step in because the "soldiers" aren't being to taught to "take care of the opposition" in the manner in which you imply.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Not sure who you are asking. but I have watched it, and it was very disturbing to me...

And after watching Jesus Camp teaching this kind of thing in school wouldn't worry you?

How do we know this isn't to put the idea into the children's minds that its ok to kill who God says to kill?

How far is it from God says kill Amalakites to God says kill witches? God says kill homosexuals. See what I'm getting at? Why they want this taught in schools at all in a secular nation deeply concerns me

Skwim

Veteran Member
Mister Emu said:
Skwim said:
In essence, one of the the CEF messages comes down to:

God always does good
That isn't the message of the lesson, just like the usage of the Binding of Isaac isn't about human sacrifice. It is about obedience in the face of difficulty, following God even when we don't want to or it hurts to do so.
And I didn't say it was. To repeat.
"In essence,one of the CEF messages comes down to:

God always does good

F0uad

It's not harder at all. In fact, it's easier. The Bible provides its own explanation on those, only a small amount of analysis is needed.

So you would explain to the little children that a messenger/prophet/son of god was fed wine by hes daughters and had sex with them and made children? :confused:

What about the story of the two sisters Oholah and Oholibah who were prostitutes who lusted for man with the sizes of donkeys and furthers explains everything in detail.. Ezekiel 23.

I am pretty sure you will have some outraged parents.

Last edited:

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
So you would explain to the little children that a messenger/prophet/son of god was fed wine by hes daughters and had sex with them and made children? :confused:

What about the story of the two sisters Oholah and Oholibah who were prostitutes who lusted for man with the sizes of donkeys and furthers explains everything in detail.. Ezekiel 23.

I am pretty sure you will have some outraged parents.

Well that's a difference between the Bible and Koran, the notion of Lot being a prophet.

The Bible never suggests that Lot is a prophet or even that he's righteous. It also has Lot offering his daughters to be raped prior to that.

The Bible says Abraham was righteous and that God spared Lot for his sake