• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can you deny the possibility of God's existence until..

chinu

chinu
There is a difference between knowing and assuming.

The one who assumes is usually wrong but will never accept that he is wrong.
The one who knows is in a unique position.

Which one do you think you are in?
And there's difference between "Need of something" and "Need of knowing something" Or putting it another way there's big difference between "The one who want medicine because he is ill" and "The one who just want to know how that medicine works"

The one who just want to know God is usually wrong but will never accept that he/she is wrong.
Whereas the one who want God, is in a unique position, and can understand my position too.

Which one do you think you are in ?

shawn001

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
Einstein

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
And there's difference between "Need of something" and "Need of knowing something" Or putting it another way there's big difference between "The one who want medicine because he is ill" and "The one who just want to know how that medicine works"

The one who just want to know God is usually wrong but will never accept that he/she is wrong.
Whereas the one who want God, is in a unique position, and can understand my position too.

Which one do you think you are in ?

No one is actually in need of god. There are those who think they need god.

chinu

chinu
How Love Hormones Work
Oxytocin Increases Intimacy & Bonding, Eases Psychological Disorders

How Love Hormones Work: Oxytocin Increases Intimacy & Bonding, Eases Psychological Disorders

Oxytocin is a brain chemical that mediates social behavior, which is why it’s sometimes called the “love hormone.” Oxytocin is released when mothers and babies first bond; it’s also present in intense emotional states. Oxytocin increases intimacy and bonding in sexual relationships.

How Love Hormones Work
Oxytocin is known as a love hormone because it goes beyond the mother-child connection to bonding in intimate relationships. Oxytocin is released during hugging and intimate touch; it also plays a strong role in sexual relationships.

“It’s said that the eyes are the window to the soul…they certainly are the window to the emotional brain,” said Dr Kai MacDonald. “We know that the eye-to-eye communication — which is affected by oxytocin — is critical to intimate emotional communication for all kind of emotions – love, fear, trust, anxiety.”

Oxytocin is a love hormone because it helps people bond in relationships, set up appropriate psychological boundaries, and maintain intimate relationships.

http://psychology.suite101.com/article.cfm/how_love_hormones_wor k

Loving with all your ... brain

• MRI scans show activity in caudate area of the brain at the sight of one's beloved
• When you're in love, caudate area flooded with dopamine, a pleasure chemical
• Researcher: "Exactly the same system becomes active as when you take cocaine"

"Dr. Brown said scientists believe that when you fall in love, the ventral tegmental floods the caudate with dopamine. The caudate then sends signals for more dopamine.

"The more dopamine you get, the more of a high you feel," Dr. Brown says.

Or as her colleague, Dr. Helen Fisher put it: When you fall in love, "exactly the same system becomes active as when you take cocaine. You can feel intense elation when you're in love. You can feel intense elation when you're high on cocaine."

Loving with all your ... brain - CNN.com

So love itself is an emotion and part of the brains reward system.

Some animals feel love not just humans.
Ok, whoever discovered all this, why did he/she LOVE to discover only this thing ? whereas there were so many other interesting things to discover.
What was the first emotion which pop-up into their brain and made them to discover this thing ?

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Perhaps, you haven't met any,
This doesn't mean there isn't any. :)

But there isn't any reason to assume that one person would need something we don't have any proof of. For example I get along fine without god. That seems to prove we don't need god. If someone suddenly stopped drinking water and we all stopped drinking water and no one died, then we could assume we don't need water.

shawn001

Ok, whoever discovered all this, why did he/she LOVE to discover only this thing ? whereas there were so many other interesting things to discover.
What was the first emotion which pop-up into their brain and made them to discover this thing ?

Your saying Love isn't interesting?

Helen Fisher is one but there are many many more. Its not only this thing either, she is a biological anthropologist.

"Helen E. Fisher, PhD biological anthropologist, is a Research Professor in the Department of Anthropology at Rutgers University. She has written five books on the evolution and future of human sexuality, monogamy, adultery and divorce, gender differences in the brain, the chemistry of romantic love, and most recently, human personality types and why we fall in love with one person rather than another."

About Dr Helen Fisher

chinu, your asking a curious question about her curiosity, why are you curious?

Did you learn something about the chemistry of love and the brain?

shawn001

Again I have to say..
there's difference between "Curiosity of Something" and "Curiosity of knowing Something"

Such as

You don't know something until your curious about it and learn. You didn't come out of the womb with a religion or a sense of God.

shawn001

Like there's a water-thirstiness,
Similarly there's a God-thirstiness/God-illness, which can only be calm down with God, but none other thing than God. :)

A first for this one I have seen, a "God-illness."

chinu, whatever makes you happy.

"...For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Philippians 4:11

chinu

chinu
But there isn't any reason to assume that one person would need something we don't have any proof of. For example I get along fine without god. That seems to prove we don't need god. If someone suddenly stopped drinking water and we all stopped drinking water and no one died, then we could assume we don't need water.
Just think of a new born baby who is thirsty of water for the very first time after birth.

Similarly, think of man who is thirsty for God for the very first time after so many rebirths/reincarnations.

The only difference is that the thirstiness of water arises just after some time of birth, whereas thirstiness of God arises after many rebirths/reincarnations. :)

chinu

chinu
A first for this one I have seen, a "God-illness."

chinu, whatever makes you happy.

"...For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Philippians 4:11
Of course, be content.
Of course, discontentment cannot calm-down thirstiness if one is thirsty,
But this also doesn't mean that contentment calm-down thirstiness.

Contentment is on its own place,
Thirstiness is on its own place,
One have to handle them differently.

shawn001

chinu,

What do you think about these patients? One half of the brain believes and the other doesn't. How far out in space would these patients have to look?

Dr Vilayanur Ramachandran has been called a Sherlock Holmes of neuroscience. Director of the Center for Brain and Cognition at the University of California, San Diego, and adjunct professor at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies in La Jolla, California, Ramachandran has brilliantly sleuthed his way through some of the strangest maladies of the human mind.

Split brain with one half atheist and one half theist

Neurologist VS Ramachandran explains the case of split-brain patients with one hemisphere without a belief in a god, and the other with a belief in a god.

[youtube]PFJPtVRlI64[/youtube]
Split brain with one half atheist and one half theist - YouTube

shawn001

Of course, be content.
Of course, discontentment cannot calm-down thirstiness if one is thirsty,
But this also doesn't mean that contentment calm-down thirstiness.

Contentment is on its own place,
Thirstiness is on its own place,
One have to handle them differently.

you missed the quote's meaning.

Whatever state, thristy even.

You cannot be content and discontent. That is an oxymoron.

This is more about mastery of self.

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
chinu,
What do you think about these patients? One half of the brain believes and the other doesn't. How far out in space would these patients have to look?

IMO, mostly all people on this earth are such patients.

The only difference is in the ratio,
Some are 1% Atheist and 99% Theist
Some are 20% Atheist and 80% Theist
Some are 50-50
or Some are 70% Atheist and 30% Theist
or Some are 99% Atheist and just 1% Theist.
As many there are number of people as many there are types of ratios,

But there's no one who is 100% Atheist.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Just think of a new born baby who is thirsty of water for the very first time after birth.

Similarly, think of man who is thirsty for God for the very first time after so many rebirths/reincarnations.

The only difference is that the thirstiness of water arises just after some time of birth, whereas thirstiness of God arises after many rebirths/reincarnations. :)

This isn't backed by anything. Your just stating something as an example that has no legitimate relevance to what we are saying.

Think of a small deer drinking from the fountain for the first time. That water traveled from the mountains and down the stream. It was from melted snow that fell the season before and that water was evaporated from the sea.

The sea supports all life. Just as google supports the internet. Do you see?

chinu

chinu
This isn't backed by anything. Your just stating something as an example that has no legitimate relevance to what we are saying.

Think of a small deer drinking from the fountain for the first time. That water traveled from the mountains and down the stream. It was from melted snow that fell the season before and that water was evaporated from the sea.

The sea supports all life. Just as google supports the internet. Do you see?
Perhaps, I don't know how to put the analogy.