• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can we know "God" exists?

Benoni

...many are called, but few are chosen.

Yes, so true, the called are God’s elect who will used in the ages to come to called the rest of God creation.

God is not calling all people now.

1 Timothy 2:6 (KJV) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

"For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and TO ALL THAT ARE AFAR OFF, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." (Acts 2:39).

1 Corinthians 15:22-24
http://www.biblegateway.com/bg_versions/bgclick.php?what=2
http://www.biblegateway.com/bg_versions/bgclick.php?what=222For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

davinder kaur

God ek super power hai .jis ko samjhna asan nahi .shiv k pass parvati hai aur Vishnu ji k pass laxmi .Vishnu ji ne Mohini avtar liya samandar manthan k liye ,tou samandar manthan k baad vo roop vapis apne ander kyo nahi liya ?Vishnu ji ko bahut jaldi auraton se pyar ho jata hai ,Mohini Vishnu ji k jism dil dimag ka hi hissa hai ,so os ka pura character b tou Vishnu ji jaisa hi hoga ,tou mera j swal hai k Vishnu ko pyar ho sakta hai par os k roop ko agar shivji se pyar ho gaya tou Vishnu ne Mohini ko shraap ko diya ?

chinu

chinu
God ek super power hai .jis ko samjhna asan nahi .shiv k pass parvati hai aur Vishnu ji k pass laxmi .Vishnu ji ne Mohini avtar liya samandar manthan k liye ,tou samandar manthan k baad vo roop vapis apne ander kyo nahi liya ?Vishnu ji ko bahut jaldi auraton se pyar ho jata hai ,Mohini Vishnu ji k jism dil dimag ka hi hissa hai ,so os ka pura character b tou Vishnu ji jaisa hi hoga ,tou mera j swal hai k Vishnu ko pyar ho sakta hai par os k roop ko agar shivji se pyar ho gaya tou Vishnu ne Mohini ko shraap ko diya ?
_/\_ "Satshriakal" Davinder kaur ji :)
Actually, I just want to share that,
Ek Punjabi naam "Davinder-Kaur" ko is site pe dekh k muje achaa gaga. :)

Once again "Satshriakal" and " happy New Year"

ira97

I recently saw real magic, not tricks but real magic. If that exists then there is a word of unseen things.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
The closest thing I would consider being god-like are the fundamental forces within nature...those animating forces that shape and change this universe and everything in it. In this way my "God" does exist and is observed and verified through science.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
To reassure myself I'll look into the mirror and remind myself I am not only me, I am the stars, I am the earth, I am the sun, I am the big bang, I am God.

All creation are quarters, and God is the value of the quarters combined.

idea

Question Everything
The closest thing I would consider being god-like are the fundamental forces within nature...those animating forces that shape and change this universe and everything in it. In this way my "God" does exist and is observed and verified through science.

And what do you believe to be the origin of these laws of nature?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To answer the OP, coming to a knowledge of God is the same as coming to a knowledge of anything - through study, experimentation, & experience.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
And what do you believe to be the origin of these laws of nature?

Before anything existed at all there was nothingness, but that nothingness was imperfect. It is because of an tiny imperfection that anything at all exists today.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Before anything existed at all there was nothingness, but that nothingness was imperfect. It is because of an tiny imperfection that anything at all exists today.

Nay...on the contrary....

The void was perfect...and uniform in every manner.
No variance of anything.
In all (in nothing) there is perfection.....no deviation.

Light is an aberration.

kaoticprofit

I don't see why an organized and precise universe can prove a God. That thought is based on that something more organized and precise than the universe created the universe, and the argument fails on its own premise.

It takes a mind to make a clock. It takes a mind to make a universe.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
We cannot know if god exist, all we can know is there is existence, we and all else is part of that existence, call that what you may, it doesn't matter because that is never what it is.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Nothing is ever perfect.

Let's break that down a bit....

Do you mean....no 'thing' is perfect?
That might be correct, if viewing the item from the point of perspective of Man.
Man never seems content with things as created.
He seems to feel the need to 'dominate all things'.
No thing is ever good enough...as is.

But the void as no 'thing'.....would be perfect.
No variance.
No ripple.
No light ....no shadow.
No Voice.....no Echo.
No disturbance to the infinite tranquility.

To say...'I AM!'.....is a disturbance.
To say...'Let there be light!'......a violation of the silence.

Last edited:

Enai de a lukal

Let's break that down a bit....

Do you mean....no 'thing' is perfect?
That might be correct, if viewing the item from the point of perspective of Man.
Man never seems content with things as created.
He seems to feel the need to 'dominate all things'.
No thing is ever good enough...as is.

But the void as no 'thing'.....would be perfect.
Non-sequitur. If "the void" (whatever that's supposed to be) is "no thing"- that is, if it is nothing- then it does not exist, and it doesn't instantiate any properties. Furthermore, even if that weren't the case, the lack of change wouldn't making it perfect- perfection consists in optimal suitability to a given goal or function. Without a function, perfection becomes meaningless. But then, what is the function or end of "the void"? :confused:

roger1440

I do stuff
How do you view God? As a literal metaphysical being in the sky? As a state of being? As a force that transcends all? Not literally real, but a symbol that points to something beyond what we can comprehend?

Is there any evidence for God? Scientific, anecdotal, philosophical or otherwise?

I think that the possibility of God is great, considering how organized and precise the universe is; but I wouldn't go so far as to say that I believe in God.

“Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love (1 John 4:8) That’s the entire Bible in one sentence. The remaining is just commentary.

Urizen

How can we know "God" exists?

By surrendering yourself to all that is. By acting in unison with the wisdom that flows through you and is within everything. By discerning, in all things, between the real and illusory, the Absolute and the relative, the changeless and the unchanging. By never thinking about yourself. By not flattering your vanity. By not aiming, therefore, for originality of thought, but for True thought - originality will come of its own. By not trying to possess or claim credit for truth. By opening your ears to the voice of intuition, and ignoring your own babbling. By not getting lost in distractions like this discussion. By surrounding yourself with beauty. By loving your neighbour as yourself. By giving everything of yourself, until you are nothing. In short, by following a traditional religious path. Without religion, you will discern, if anything, only faint glimpses of self-transcendence (or pseudo-transcendence) in fleeting moments of self-forgetfulnss, as when contemplating a work of art, or enraptured by the beauties of nature, or entranced by a glimmer of that Edenic timelessness that some associate with déjà vu: but inevitably you return to the vanities and the illusions of this world, a prisoner of your own mind.

While God is beyond labels, symbols and ideas, one must be ‘oriented’ towards God in order to see God; consequently, one must have correct doctrine, rooted in religious orthodoxy, and assimilated into oneself by correct practice. Correct practice builds and maintains the seaworthy vessel, and correct doctrine ensures sound navigation. Lacking these prerequisites, no man will fortuitously experience God (except in relatively uncommon cases as when god seems to take the initiative and reveals himself to the suffering individual who has no means of escape, but in these cases there is an antecedent period of intense pain in which the soul opens itself to God; religion achieves the same end by doctrine and practice).

Last edited: