• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can we know "God" exists?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
So you're saying God is taking the coins from your table and that's how you know?

How do you pin what God is supposed to take from you to prove that he exists even if he never wants to openly show himself?

How do you pin God? I tried to pin God by looking for any kind of miracle in my and my family's life... I never saw one. We needed one, many times, big ones, but ... no pin.

But that was because I thought God was some separate, outside of the world person doing magic tricks. When I realized that God is us, the world, reality, all, and Nature itself, then we can say that the "pin" is everyday life. When I sit here typing on the keyboard, it's God talking through me. When you talk your crazy talk ;), It's God talking through you. God is all. There's no thing that has to be taken away to prove God. God isn't a thing to be proven. God is the concept of All That Exists.

So when you use the word believe.....it's not a declaration that God does not exist?

You have simply recalibrated your belief to 'something else'?

(if the coin is gone...Someone took it)

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So when you use the word believe.....it's not a declaration that God does not exist?

What does the coin represent in your analogy?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Not sure what you're saying. Belief = God doesn't exist?

In a sense. I believed in Christian God. Lost that belief. Didn't believe in any God. Then realized that not-belief in God was very similar to belief that All is God.

Bob took it. Bob is evil and he takes socks too.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
This thread would have to be....or should have been....
one type of a proof after another leading back to the beginning....
and there you find ...God.

My previous retort of the coin.....
Do you know an effect when you see one?
and do you take aim at cause...in a reasonable manner?

Coin on the table ...you left it there.
You come back latter and it's gone.

Blame the dog?
Your wife?
Your neighbor?
Quantum mechanics?

Point being....with regression in play....
most scientists seem comfortable with the notion of a singularity.
But numbers cannot continue with a system not having 'two of something'
Once the secondary point is allowed infinity is simultaneous.

The laws of motion are difficult as 'Something' needs to be there....
to set all things in motion.

And again....if the expansion was a simple explosion....
The pulse of the 'bang' would be one hollow sphere....no rotation.

I say....the rotation is 'proof' of God's fingers in play.
He pinched the singularity before He let it go....
and gave it a good hard....'snap'!

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I have long since concluded that God is an independent mind and the only independent mind that exists. I know God exist on the basis of consciousness, physical existence and "religious moments". God is the only mind that can exist and support all other objects since the ability of the mind is all that is objectively real for myself and on this basis I can conclude it is for others.

larlle

We cant know if god exist, thats why its called "believing"
philosophs and scientist have tried to proof a god for thousands of years, and the conclusion is so far (by Immanuel Kant); "you cant believe god exist, and you cant believe god doesnt exist."

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
We cant know if god exist, thats why its called "believing"
philosophs and scientist have tried to proof a god for thousands of years, and the conclusion is so far (by Immanuel Kant); "you cant believe god exist, and you cant believe god doesnt exist."

I can believe God exists.
Kant must have been referring to that physical evidence problem.

I believe in cause and effect.

Look up.

God did it.

Timbo

I have long since concluded that God is an independent mind and the only independent mind that exists. I know God exist on the basis of consciousness, physical existence and "religious moments". God is the only mind that can exist and support all other objects since the ability of the mind is all that is objectively real for myself and on this basis I can conclude it is for others.

So how do you explain the fact that people in every tradition experience this ''religious moment'' in the context off prayer and meditation? Could it not be that this phenomena is explainable through introspection off different sorts?