• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Can We Identify True Worship?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not asking Jehovah's Witnesses to defend the Bible or their religion. I am asking them to defend certain ideas they hold sacred.
They won't, so when the time comes for Jesus to judge, how can he pronounce me wicked and them righteous?

djhwoodwerks

What's funny is that those who can't see will never see, no matter what anyone says. It won't be funny for very much longer. If those in the first century, who worshipped Jehovah, could execute the perfect son of God as a common blasphemer, what hope do Christ's true disciples have to be portrayed by our enemies as anything but false prophets. (John 15:18-21)

You're not being portrayed as false prophets, the governing body are false prophets!

Their 6 or 7 prophecies of the end of the world, and what about beth sarim? Abraham, Issac and a few other 'princes' were to be resurrected so they built them a house, what happened with that? Oh yeah, Rutherford lived in it.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Professing to know so much about "true worship" (an abysmally foolish notion, I must say), I would have to assume you feel yourself to be a part of this "global brotherhood" - as in, you, personally, have it figured out. Try some humility instead. It may not taste so good, but it is prescribed by even your own "sacred" texts - and for very good reason.
Coming from the sect of ? Am I to assume that you know nothing about anything?
You obviously play to the beat of a different drum?
Laie_28.gif
Dance away, but your music has no rhythm.

How can anyone know about true worship?...oh yeah, the Bible tells us exactly what it is. Don't like the Bible?
306.gif
There is a club for that if haven't already got membership. There is a dress code though.
305.gif

My "global brotherhood" is unique in this world and I am proud to belong to it. There is no one like them. I don't see anyone standing over people with a big stick making them believe what we teach, so I am at a loss to understand the depth of ill feeling expressed towards my brothers. They are not making themselves slaves to anyone but God and his son. We accept their guidance because we are told to do that. (Heb 13:17) God appointed them as shepherds, but the sheep belong to someone to whom they must answer.

Our opposers seem to be lacking in this department....they appear to have no brotherhood and no shepherds apart from themselves.
Lonely little sheep with no one to keep watch over them.
143fs503525.gif

The only thing I can imagine that could cause this level of opposition is that we must make sense to some people. The teachings of the Christ went largely unheeded because of the opposition whipped up by the ones Jesus denounced as religious frauds in his day. He said that opposition would keep coming but that if people listened to him and his disciples, some would listen to us as well. (John 15:18-21) They do...and they love what they learn.

The ongoing crusade against JW's is amusing to say the least....it just confirms what Jesus said. (Matthew 5:11, 12) We are the happiest people on earth, with the best job in the world. Our boss is incredibly kind and generous and the wages are out of this world!
47b20s0.gif

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Our opposers seem to be lacking in this department....they appear to have no brotherhood and no shepherds apart from themselves.
So, you have answered my question. Jesus can not shepherd his people. Why not?

The only thing I can imagine that could cause this level of opposition is that we must make sense to some people.
I think you mean you DON'T make sense to some people. And won't.
He said that opposition would keep coming but that if people listened to him and his disciples, some would listen to us as well. (John 15:18-21) They do...and they love what they learn.
WHAT? LOL Oh please. He is not naming three groups. He names himself and those he sent (past tense now) out to disciple with him. AND WRITE THE BIBLE.

The ongoing crusade against JW's is amusing to say the least....it just confirms what Jesus said. (Matthew 5:11, 12)
YOU teach those who might listen who are in Babylon the Great that they believe some things that are causing them to be separated from Christ. They believe some things that are not true so you teach them. What are we doing? Can you not be taught?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If it is true @Deeje that you are persecuted by people asking you to consider what you are being taught, then I think it is true that you are persecuting the people you are trying to reach.

You have not explained your double standard yet. Please do.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus is my shepherd. My brotherhood is every soul who loves TRUTH. I am sure it can't get better than that.

Jehovah's Witnesses want me to curtail my worship. Who wants to curtail your worship @Deeje?

My brotherhood:
Hebrews 3:6
But Christ is faithful as the Son over God's house. And we are His house, if we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope of which we boast.

Last edited:

djhwoodwerks

The ongoing crusade against JW's is amusing to say the least....it just confirms what Jesus said. (Matthew 5:11, 12) We are the happiest people on earth, with the best job in the world. Our boss is incredibly kind and generous and the wages are out of this world!
47b20s0.gif

Again, JW's don't preach Jesus and the crusade against the watchtower and governing body is NOT because they preach Jesus. So Mat 5:11-12 does not confirm anything.

A Vestigial Mote

Coming from the sect of ? Am I to assume that you know nothing about anything?
"Know nothing about anything" - is that intended to be an insult? Considering that I am not at all insulted - I suppose not.
You obviously play to the beat of a different drum?
Laie_28.gif
Dance away, but your music has no rhythm.
How very specious of you.

How can anyone know about true worship?...oh yeah, the Bible tells us exactly what it is. Don't like the Bible?
306.gif
There is a club for that if haven't already got membership. There is a dress code though.
305.gif
You are not enlightened in any respect. Your rhetorical question followed by "oh yeah [because I know the answer]" is immature and an unfortunate waste of words.

Lonely little sheep with no one to keep watch over them.
143fs503525.gif
And I need a keeper because... ? What is it that you believe you have that I do not? Do you know me? Why do you assume that I oppose your "brotherhood"? Why do you assume I oppose anything other than your presumptuous statement that you know more than the layman about "true worship"? That is all I had originally commented on - and yet here you are, taking it incredibly personally and making it seem as if I am "an enemy of your people". Maturity is not to be found in half-cocked responses to things you apparently do not understand in the first place.

The only thing I can imagine that could cause this level of opposition is that we must make sense to some people. The teachings of the Christ went largely unheeded because of the opposition whipped up by the ones Jesus denounced as religious frauds in his day. He said that opposition would keep coming but that if people listened to him and his disciples, some would listen to us as well. (John 15:18-21) They do...and they love what they learn.

The ongoing crusade against JW's is amusing to say the least....it just confirms what Jesus said. (Matthew 5:11, 12) We are the happiest people on earth, with the best job in the world. Our boss is incredibly
Again with the "opposition" talk - even going on to call it a "crusade". Where are you getting this? So... because I make a comment about YOU, personally - JUST YOU - and your apparent lack of humility as pertains to the subject in this thread, you assume I am attacking everyone you associate with? This is incredibly vain of you - to consider yourself the speaker for the entire body - to consider a personal statement made about yourself, and take it personally for your entire brotherhood is to assume that YOU ARE the brotherhood. While that may be true in a certain sense, it is not true when we're talking about your, personal misbehavior and general foolishness. Is this how you want your brotherhood represented? Is this how your brotherhood would agree to be represented? Perhaps you should consult with them first before taking on your personal issues as if they applied to the general population of your kind.
kind and generous and the wages are out of this world!
47b20s0.gif
Based on what I've seen from you and your outbreak here, there is nothing for me in your system of belief or worship.

djhwoodwerks

47b20s0.gif

Mat 5:11-12 (ESVST) 11 " Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Again, for 7,856,000 Jehovah's witnesses, your reward is not "in heaven", how can you quote that scripture when referring to yourself?