• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Can We Identify True Worship?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
When Jesus came to restore true worship among his people back in the first century, what did he find? He found a religious system so corrupted by man-made traditions that he could barely recognize it. But he was not sent to the ones responsible for the corruption, nor to the ones who willingly upheld it....he was sent only to "the lost sheep of the house of Israel". (Matt 10:24) How many people recognize the significance of that assignment? Jesus already knew that as a nation, Israel had failed monumentally in upholding the teachings of Moses. (Matt 23:37-39) Yet none of those teachings were "from" Moses....they were from God "through" the hand of Moses.
A "prophet greater than Moses" was to come. (Deut 18:15, 18, 19; Acts 3:19-23) This prophet proved to be Jesus Christ.

Did Jesus come to prop up that corrupt religious system? Or did he come to those who had given up on it and were like poor beggars hungering for spiritual nourishment and a kind word or deed?

In whose eyes were these ones "lost"? Certainly not God's. Who were the ones who accepted Jesus as Messiah?...The religious leaders and those who upheld corrupt Judaism?.....or the ones who had given up on it because of its blatant hypocrisy and false interpretation of scripture?

In this time of the end, again God is not seeking those who are happy with the present religious chaos and disunity that is Christendom (Judaism's modern day counterpart.) The "lost sheep" today see right through that hypocritical institution who claims to worship the true God, but who instead promote their own place in this world....priding themselves on their "friendship with the world". (James 4:4) Even promoting the wars of their nations, rejecting Jesus' counsel to 'love their enemies'.

"The good news of the kingdom" is being preached to all, (Matt 24:14) but only the "lost" who have already rejected false worship in their heart, will respond. They have not given up on God, only on the corruption that is presented as truth by the churches. This applies to people of all religions. God is at present making the way for all honest-hearted ones to come to him in faith and be accepted as his spiritual children. (2 Pet 3:9)

God sees to it that those who hunger for the truth and who are humble and obedient at heart will be given all the tools necessary to become a citizen of his Kingdom. Those who want to worship God "their" way will not be granted citizenship because they don't want to do things God's way. (2 Thess 2:9-12) They fail to see that disobedience is what undid humans in the first place. All God has ever asked of his children is that they obey him. It is all he asks now. (Rev 18:4, 5)

Those who wish to practice true worship will reject all that is false and become part of a global brotherhood who all accept the same teachings and can verify the validity of all of them from God's word.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
When Jesus came to restore true worship among his people back in the first century, what did he find? He found a religious system so corrupted by man-made traditions that he could barely recognize it. But he was not sent to the ones responsible for the corruption, nor to the ones who willingly upheld it....he was sent only to "the lost sheep of the house of Israel". (Matt 10:24) How many people recognize the significance of that assignment? Jesus already knew that as a nation, Israel had failed monumentally in upholding the teachings of Moses. (Matt 23:37-39) Yet none of those teachings were "from" Moses....they were from God "through" the hand of Moses.
A "prophet greater than Moses" was to come. (Deut 18:15, 18, 19; Acts 3:19-23) This prophet proved to be Jesus Christ.

Did Jesus come to prop up that corrupt religious system? Or did he come to those who had given up on it and were like poor beggars hungering for spiritual nourishment and a kind word or deed?

In whose eyes were these ones "lost"? Certainly not God's. Who were the ones who accepted Jesus as Messiah?...The religious leaders and those who upheld corrupt Judaism?.....or the ones who had given up on it because of its blatant hypocrisy and false interpretation of scripture?

In this time of the end, again God is not seeking those who are happy with the present religious chaos and disunity that is Christendom (Judaism's modern day counterpart.) The "lost sheep" today see right through that hypocritical institution who claims to worship the true God, but who instead promote their own place in this world....priding themselves on their "friendship with the world". (James 4:4) Even promoting the wars of their nations, rejecting Jesus' counsel to 'love their enemies'.

"The good news of the kingdom" is being preached to all, (Matt 24:14) but only the "lost" who have already rejected false worship in their heart, will respond. They have not given up on God, only on the corruption that is presented as truth by the churches. This applies to people of all religions. God is at present making the way for all honest-hearted ones to come to him in faith and be accepted as his spiritual children. (2 Pet 3:9)

God sees to it that those who hunger for the truth and who are humble and obedient at heart will be given all the tools necessary to become a citizen of his Kingdom. Those who want to worship God "their" way will not be granted citizenship because they don't want to do things God's way. (2 Thess 2:9-12) They fail to see that disobedience is what undid humans in the first place. All God has ever asked of his children is that they obey him. It is all he asks now. (Rev 18:4, 5)

Those who wish to practice true worship will reject all that is false and become part of a global brotherhood who all accept the same teachings and can verify the validity of all of them from God's word.

True worship is not universal. It is personal to everyone whose faith allows them to do so regardless of how they name it.

True worship is trusting and being one with ones heart, mind, and soul: ones spirit. For me, it is freedom of expression, creativity, and knowledge. It is the wisdom of our past, lessons of the present, and admitting uncertainty of the future.

I roller skate. That is my out among many. A gentleman who has skated with us for years passed away two days ago. We had a nice, mini ceremonial with his mother. Whether he went to heaven or not, I have no right to say yes or not. I cant claim truth and assume pride by defining certainty when life is uncertain. I wished him well and that his family watch over him.

True worship is not limiting yourself in one truth. It means returning a "god bless you" with a genuine thoughts and like hearts even though god does not exist.

It goes beyond our differences. True worship is a communion with like minded people. In western culture it tends to be individual. Regardless, it is not defined by christ. No one has a monopoly on true worship.

No one.

arthra

Baha'i
I was interested in searching the term "true worship" in some of the Baha'i Writings and came up with a definition that may interest those following this thread:

"The beginning of all utterance is the worship of God, and this followeth upon His recognition. Sanctified must be the eye if it is to truly recognize Him, and sanctified must be the tongue if it is to befittingly utter His praise. In this day the faces of the people of insight and understanding are turned in His direction; nay every direction inclineth itself towards Him."

(Baha'u'llah, Tabernacle of Unity)

David1967

Premium Member

And just who pray tell, is this chosen global brotherhood that knows the truth above all others . Please tell. The suspense is killing me.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
And just who pray tell, is this chosen global brotherhood that knows the truth above all others . Please tell. The suspense is killing me.

The ones who have international unity and peace (1 Cor 1:10)...the ones who obey Christ and refuse to spill human blood in war (Matt 5:44)....the ones who don't fuse pagan festivals and practices with what Christ taught (2 Cor 6:14-18)....the ones who worship the same God that Jesus did (Luke 4:8)....the ones who are "doing the will of the Father". (Matt 7:21-23) The ones preaching the "good news of the Kingdom in all the inhabited earth. (Matt 24:14)

Does that describe your church?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I doubt there is any such thing as "true worship" given we have so many different ways of addressing and worshiping a god, or goddess, or gods, or goddesses, or gods and goddesses, or any of the other combination of divine entities that have or don't have a physical sex as we humans understand them. Every religion has their promises, their truths, and their proofs, but how can we determine what is fact when so many claim to have experiences and sources of definitive knowledge?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
WONDERFULL ATTITUDE, ,SOUNDS PRETTY MUCH like what deeje is describing from the bible !
I doubt it, because David and Deeje do not seem to be of the same denomination. It would be more of the the question of what, if anything, in Christianity can be true when its followers disagree over so much and such fundamental and core concepts of their beliefs.

kerndog

I doubt it, because David and Deeje do not seem to be of the same denomination. It would be more of the the question of what, if anything, in Christianity can be true when its followers disagree over so much and such fundamental and core concepts of their beliefs.
NO, different personalities maybe, but so far, i am in complete aggreement with everything she has said and quoted !

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
How many denominations of Christians ALL reading essentially the SAME
Bible.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations

Each denomination believes that denomination is the ONE TRUE path
to.........................to.......................whatever !?

I believe in a Higher Power. Call that H.P. "God" if you like.
"God" works as a universal term for h.p.
What is the one true Christian religion?
I haven't a clue and if church going people would admit
it, they don't either.

djhwoodwerks

The title of the OP is, "HOW CAN WE IDENTIFY TRUE WORSHIP", but it is more of a sales pitch, promoting a certain religion and condemning everything/one else. Nothing in this post says, "this is true worship to God", or, "when you see this, you will know it's true worship".

Last edited:

David1967

Premium Member
The ones who have international unity and peace (1 Cor 1:10)...the ones who obey Christ and refuse to spill human blood in war (Matt 5:44)....the ones who don't fuse pagan festivals and practices with what Christ taught (2 Cor 6:14-18)....the ones who worship the same God that Jesus did (Luke 4:8)....the ones who are "doing the will of the Father". (Matt 7:21-23) The ones preaching the "good news of the Kingdom in all the inhabited earth. (Matt 24:14)

Does that describe your church?

Yes it does. But I think this mystery organization that you can't seem to name is somehow different. Not saying bad. Just saying not superior to others faith. So why don't you stop playing word games and tell us the name of this organization you speak of.If it really is that good and infallible then I really want to know so I can check them out. ...This is fun isn't it? ;)

David1967

Premium Member
How many denominations of Christians ALL reading essentially the SAME
Bible.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations

Each denomination believes that denomination is the ONE TRUE path
to.........................to.......................whatever !?

I believe in a Higher Power. Call that H.P. "God" if you like.
"God" works as a universal term for h.p.
What is the one true Christian religion?
I haven't a clue and if church going people would admit
it, they don't either.

I agree. And I do not believe that the particular denomination that I attend has a more favorable standing with God over other denominations. In fact in the scheme of things I'm pretty non denominational. As far as my view of "true worship"? I believe that is a very personal thing between an individual and God. It would be unforgivably presumptuous to tell another that the way they approached God in worship was wrong simply because they were not a member of a particular club, if you will. IMHO that would be reducing the creator into a very small and petty deity. ..And I will not do that.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
It's NO ONE'S business how or who we worship.
HOWEVER this is a discussion forum open to all members to DISCUSS
ideology.;)
I CHOSE to discuss ideology and am very interesting in the ideology of others with
ALL respect to those who's ideology differ from mine.:D:D
As long as no one is eating babies or killing nuns I'd like to read opinion.
I happen to be still searching for meaning, & spirituality, human qualities I admire.
I absolutely love (agape) many contributors on this fantastic site.
:hugehug:

Get that revoltingest?:p:p