• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can Jesus inherit the throne of David?

LightofTruth

First the two genealogies are totally unreliable for the obvious reason, it is a paternal genealogy which excludes the mother and their ancestral line. To be sure, is this tread about:
According to the genealogy in Matthew 1:12, Jesus is a descendant of Jeconiah. But Jeconiah was cursed in Jeremiah 22:24 and 22:30:

As surely as I live," declares the LORD, "even if you, Jehoiachin son of Jehoiakim king of Judah, were a signet ring on my right hand, I would still pull you off.

This is what the LORD says: "Record this man as if childless, a man who will not prosper in his lifetime, for none of his offspring will prosper, none will sit on the throne of David or rule any more in Judah."

Since no descendant of Jeconiah could ever sit on the throne, if Jesus is a descendant of this cursed king, he is disqualified from being the Messiah.

This has been a major problems throughout history.
I don't see any problem because Jesus is no longer a son of Jeconiah. The sons of Jeconiah were all mortal men. And no mortal man could live up to the promises of God. Jesus could not have been made king as long as he was a mortal man. Nor could he save anyone to enter the kingdom of heaven if he had not first sacrificed his own life.

DKH

The Anointed said:
How can Jesus inherit the throne of David?

It is through the genealogy of his mother (Matthew 1 and support from outside sources)…So, it is my belief that Matthew is recording the Christ's genealogy (through the kingly line) and Luke is recording the Christ's genealogy (legally) through Joseph, the husband of Mary. This was required to protect Mary from being accused of adultery and why it is recorded: (as was supposed) in Luke 3:23.

In my opinion, the first problem that modern beliefs encounter is Matthew 1:17. Which, states (in the KJV) that there are 14 generations from Abraham to David (Matt. 1:2-6), 14 generations from Solomon to the carrying away to Babylon or Jechonias (Matt. 1:6-11) and 14 generations from Salathiel to the Christ (Matt. 1:12-16). However, from Salathiel to the Christ there are only 13 generations recorded! Hence, something is amiss…The problem is that the name Joseph recorded in verse 16, is not Mary's husband, but her father, who also was named Joseph or Yosip (Aramaic), thus interpreted and recorded incorrectly.

The next problem that is introduced is the curse of Jechonias. In Exodus 34:5-7, it is recorded that a curse will only last to the third or fourth generation. It was not permanent…Yet, it is historically biblical that none of Jechonias sons sat on the throne of David. In Exodus 33:19, God declares that He will be gracious or relent of His curses to whom He pleases.

However, It should be no surprise that God's plan was devised at the beginning of creation. Hence, the Christ's proper genealogy was written in stone, before the events occurred. So, there really isn't any problems with the Son of God being heir to the throne of the nation of Israel or any other throne (besides his Father's throne).

Note: Even though I have used bible verses for support, this posting is my personal opinion and should only be understood in that context.

The Anointed

But never is he called a son-in-law of Jethro. He's called a son of Reuel. o_O

Baseless as usual.

I don't know what version of the Bible you're using, but in my Hebrew version, it says "Bnei Keini choten Moshe" - the sons of Keini, the father-in-law of Moses. No Hobab in that verse. Per your understanding, this means that Moses had 3 father-in-laws: Jethro, Hobab and Keini. Regardless, none are referred as descendants of Cush. In fact, in Judges 4 we find out why they're called Kenites, being descended from a man called Kain.

Chew on what? Nothing you've said is new...where I'm from, repeating baseless facts like a mindless mantra doesn't make them anymore correct.

Please explain to everyone how Reuel, who is also called Jethro the Midianite a descendant of Abraham, can be the biological father of a Kenite descendant of Cush?

Judges 1: טז וּבְנֵי קֵינִי חֹתֵן מֹשֶׁה עָלוּ מֵעִיר הַתְּמָרִים, אֶת-בְּנֵי יְהוּדָה, מִדְבַּר יְהוּדָה, אֲשֶׁר בְּנֶגֶב עֲרָד; וַיֵּלֶךְ, וַיֵּשֶׁב אֶת-הָעָם. 16 And the children of the Kenite, Moses' father-in-law, went up out of the city of palm-trees with the children of Judah into the wilderness of Judah, which is in the south of Arad; and they went and dwelt with the people.

As Judges 4: 11; states that Hobab, the ancestors of the Kenites who lived among the Israelites was the father-in law to Moses, any 'INTELLIGENT PERSON' could safely assume that the Kenite father-in-law who is mentioned in Judges 1: 16, is Hobab the Kenite.

Judges 4: יא וְחֶבֶר הַקֵּינִי נִפְרָד מִקַּיִן, מִבְּנֵי חֹבָב חֹתֵן מֹשֶׁה; וַיֵּט אָהֳלוֹ, עַד-אֵילוֹן בצענים (בְּצַעֲנַנִּים) אֲשֶׁר אֶת-קֶדֶשׁ. 11 Now Heber the Kenite had severed himself from the Kenites, even from the children of Hobab the father-in-law of Moses, and had pitched his tent as far as Elon-bezaanannim, which is by Kedesh.

The Anointed

Does He change His mind? And assuming He could, there would be no point without telling us humans that were relying on His previous open statement of the curse.

Correct! Although God does change his mind in certain instances.

God says that the wicked will die, but if they turn from their wicked ways and begin to live a life of Righteousness they will live, as seen when Jonah the prophet proclaimed that in forty days the great city of Nineveh would be destroyed.

5The people of Nineveh believed God's message. So they decided that everyone should fast, and all the people, from the greatest to the least, put on sackcloth to show that they had repented.

When the king of Nineveh heard about it, he got up from his throne, took off his robe, put on sackcloth, and sat down in ashes. He sent out a proclamation to the people of Nineveh: “This is an order from the king and his officials: no one is to eat anything; all persons, cattle, and sheep are forbidden to eat or drink. All persons and animals must wear sackcloth. Everyone must pray earnestly to God and must give up his wicked behaviour and his evil actions. Perhaps God will change his mind; perhaps he will stop being angry, and we will not die”

God saw what they did; he saw that they had given up their wicked behaviour. So he changed his mind and did not punish them as he had said he would.

But God did not change his mind after he had made the solemn promise that no genetic descendant of Jehoiachin would ever sit on the throne of David. Nor did he change his mind after he had said to David through Nathan; "
2 Samuel 7: 12; "When you die and are buried with your ancestors, I will make one of your sons king and will keep his kingdom strong. That son was Solomon.

13 He will be the one to build a temple for me, and I will make sure that his dynasty continues for ever. Solomon built the temple and Solomon's dynasty would last forever.

14 I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him as a father punishes his son. This does not refer to Jesus who never needed to be punished by God.

15 But I will not withdraw my support from him (SOLOMON) as I did from Saul, whom I removed so that you could be king.

16 You will always have descendants, and I will make your kingdom last for ever. Your dynasty (Through Solomon) will never end.’ ”

Last edited:

The Anointed

It is through the genealogy of his mother (Matthew 1 and support from outside sources)…So, it is my belief that Matthew is recording the Christ's genealogy (through the kingly line) and Luke is recording the Christ's genealogy (legally) through Joseph, the husband of Mary. This was required to protect Mary from being accused of adultery and why it is recorded: (as was supposed) in Luke 3:23.

In my opinion, the first problem that modern beliefs encounter is Matthew 1:17. Which, states (in the KJV) that there are 14 generations from Abraham to David (Matt. 1:2-6), 14 generations from Solomon to the carrying away to Babylon or Jechonias (Matt. 1:6-11) and 14 generations from Salathiel to the Christ (Matt. 1:12-16). However, from Salathiel to the Christ there are only 13 generations recorded! Hence, something is amiss…The problem is that the name Joseph recorded in verse 16, is not Mary's husband, but her father, who also was named Joseph or Yosip (Aramaic), thus interpreted and recorded incorrectly.

The next problem that is introduced is the curse of Jechonias. In Exodus 34:5-7, it is recorded that a curse will only last to the third or fourth generation. It was not permanent…Yet, it is historically biblical that none of Jechonias sons sat on the throne of David. In Exodus 33:19, God declares that He will be gracious or relent of His curses to whom He pleases.

However, It should be no surprise that God's plan was devised at the beginning of creation. Hence, the Christ's proper genealogy was written in stone, before the events occurred. So, there really isn't any problems with the Son of God being heir to the throne of the nation of Israel or any other throne (besides his Father's throne).

Note: Even though I have used bible verses for support, this posting is my personal opinion and should only be understood in that context.

And we accept the fact that the above is your own personal opinion.

The great grandfather of the biblical Jesus was Yehoshua/Jesus III, who was the high priest in Jerusalem from 36 to 23 BC and is believed to have been murdered at the orders of Herod the Great. The sonless Yehoshua, had three daughters, Joanna, Elizabeth and Anna/Hanna, whose mother was from the tribe of Asher.

Knowing that his Zadokian lineage would become extinct unless his daughters were placed with future husbands according to the Torah, he married them off to chosen husbands.

Joanna, was betrothed to Joachim from the non-royal genetic lineage of David. The second daughter of Yehoshua III, was Elizabeth. This was the Elizabeth, who, at a very advanced age was to become the mother of John the Baptist in 7 BC, a year before the birth of Jesus and some 16 years after the death of her father ‘Yehoshua/Jesus III,’ in 23 BC, and she was betrothed to a Levite priest by the name Zacharias of the priestly course of Abijah.

The young Davidian prince Heli, [Alexander Helios III] the son of Mattathias ben Levi, was chosen by Yehoshua/Jesus III the high priest in Jerusalem, as the candidate to marry his daughter Hanna/Anna.

There are two men from around this period, who were named ‘Alexander Helios III’, one was the son of Cleopatra and Mark Anthony, who was adopted out after the sucidial deaths of his parents, with absolutely no historical evidence of what may have happened to him, the other, was the son (Or adopted son) of Mattathias=Mattat and his wife Esther of Jerusalem, or Queen Alexandra II, a close friend of Cleopatra the Queen of Egypt.

Alexandra was to became the mother (Or step-mother) of Heli ben Mattat or Prince Alexander Helios III. who became the father of Mary the mother of Jesus.

Esther of Jerusalem can be identified as the future Maccabee Queen known by her Greek name as Queen Alexandra II, who was the great grandmother of Yeshua (Jesus). This subject will be more fully discussed at a latter date.

Hanna/Anna, the third daughter, was betrothed to Alexander Helios III (Heli) a young Macedonian Jew, of the tribe of Judah through Nathan the Levite, who was the stepson of King David.

Alexander Helios=Heli, the biological grand-father of Jesus, according to the genealogy of Jesus as recorded in Luke 3: 23; was a descendant of Nathan the Levite who was the biological son of Bathsheba and Uriah the Hittite.

The Talmud states, "Whoever brings up an orphan in his home is regarded...as though the child had been born to him." (Sanhedrin 119b).” In other words, the adopted child is to be treated as a child born to the father of that house, which means, that Heli and his descendants, who were born from the genetic line of Nathan, who was the adopted son of King David, were legitimate heirs to King David, although not to the throne of Israel, as the prophesied Messiah had to come through the genetic line of Solomon.

Heli and his descendants only became heirs to the throne of David, through Nathan the adopted son of King David, when Naria, a descendant of Nathan, married Tamar, a female descendant of King Solomon, who bore to Naria a son by the name “Salathiel.” After the death of Naria, Tamar was taken to wife by King Jehoiachin, whose only biological son with Tamar, was Zedekiah who died prematurely in Childhood.

According to Torah law, Nathan, the adopted son of King David and Nathan’s descendants, were legitimate heirs of King David, but not in the ancestral line of the promised Messiah, who was to be born of the seed of Solomon, until Naria the descendant of Nathan coupled with Tamar the descendant of Solomon, to produce Salathiel the ancestor of Jesus, who has been made High Priest (From the tribe of Levi=Nathan) and King (From the tribe of Judah=Solomon) in the order of Melchizedek.

David Hughes the noted Genealogist of the Ancient World Lineages, states that King Jeconiah’s only son, with Queen Tamar, ‘Prince Zedekiah,’ died prematurely in childhood, and in 586 BCE King Zedekiah, the last king of Israel, whose original name Mattaniah, was the son of Josiah and the uncle of Jehoiachin. King Zedekiah/Mattaniah, was taken prisoner and his sons were executed in front of him, after which, his eyes were gouged out, and there in Babylon, he remained blinded in exile for the rest of his life and it appeared that the entire royal lineage of King David through God’s chosen son, Solomon, had been exterminated.

With all the known direct lineages of male heirs to the lineage of King Solomon the son of King David and Bathsheba now extinct, Queen Tamar II became the dynastic heiress preserving not only the Lineage of King Solomon, but also became the inter-dynastic link, or the vital crossover heiress merging the non-royal Nathan lineage with the royal lineages of King Solomon. With the addition of Tamar representing the mainline descendants of King David, we now can understand the linkage between the two prime royal and non-royal lineages to the ancestry of the Jewish Messiah Yehoshua ben Yosef (Jesus son of Joseph the son of Alexander Helios a descendant of Nathan).

Jesus carried in his genes the potent fusion of Davidian and Zadokian bloodlines. He carried the potent bloodline of the royal mantle as a Priest-King of Israel and the messianic mantle as the Maschiach Yisra’el (Messiah of Israel) of the House of David.

Last edited:

The Anointed

The Kingdom of God is to be established on earth, after the great tribulation, which is the war to end all wars, when the Lord will destroy the enemy nations that Surround Jerusalem and establish his throne in Jerusalem, from where he will rule the whole word for the Great Sabbath of one thousand years, which is the seventh day from the day in which Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in ‘THAT DAY’ at the age of 930,after which, heavenly fire will incinerate all physical life forms on this earth as prophesied by the Lord through his prophet Zephaniah.

Zephaniah 1: 1-2; The Lord said; “I am going to destroy everything on earth, all human beings, animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked. I will destroy all mankind and no survivors will be left. I the Lord have spoken.”

Verse 18; On the day when the lord shows his fury, not even all their silver or gold will save them. The whole earth will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end---- a sudden end----to everyone who lives on earth.

As Adam lay dying at the age of 930, the close of the day in which he ate of the forbidden fruit, Eve who has become the body of mankind, in which ‘The Son of Man’ is still currently developing according to our concept of one directional linear time, asked when she would follow him, and she was told that she would be reunited with her Lord in six days, or at the close of the great one thousand year Sabbath, the seventh day.

From the Book of Jubilees 4: 30; "And He (Adam) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: "On the day thou eat thereof ye shall die." For this reason, Adam did not complete the years of that first day; for He died during it." Adam died at the age of 930 in the first day.

It is in that thousand years of peace that all our resources will be used to prepare for the ultimate destruction of all physical life forms that remain on this planet.

And I am sure that during that thousand years, we will have developed the technology to break the human body down to its individual energy form and transport it to some distant destination and reconstruct it to its original form, (Beam us up Scotty).

And knowing that which is to occur after the one thousand year Sabbath, when heavenly fire incinerates the surface of the earth, with the great wealth that will be paid in tribute by the nations of the world during that thousand year rule of our king and high priest, genetic banks of all physical life forms will be created, (The Ark) and sent to a place of safety in order that when the incinerated earth is once again able to sustain physical life forms, Plants will be planted, animals will be created anew, and when the system for the sustainability of mankind has been put in place, the Lord, our brother, king, and high priest will say, "And now, let us make man in our image and likeness." And a new and more, humble Race of men will people this earth.

For at the sound of the last trumpet, immediately before the destroying heavenly fire, those living in the city of the Lord which will be surrounded by Satan’s army, will be translated in a moment in the twinkling of an eye from corruptible matter in bodies of glorious light, then all physical life forms remaining on this earth will be incinerated.

"Under the guidance of Jupiter (Planet) man prepares, by means of religious exercises, for the journey to the life beyond, and he attains rest under the influence of Saturn." (Basra Encyclopedia)- De Boer, Philosophy in Islam, p 88

The water ocean on Enceladus, a moon that orbits the planet Saturn, is about 6 miles (10 kilometers) deep and lies beneath a shell of ice 19 to 25 miles (30 to 40 km) thick, researchers said. Further, it's in direct contact with a rocky seafloor, theoretically making possible all kinds of complex chemical reactions — such as, perhaps, the kind that led to the rise of life on Earth.

"The world being melted and re-entered into the bosom of Jupiter, this God continues for some time totally concentered in himself: . . . afterwards we see a new world spring from him, perfect in all its parts; animals are produced anew; an innocent race of man is formed under more favourable auspices, in order to people this earth." " Seneca, Epist, 9, and Qucest. Nat. L. 3, c, ult.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Please explain to everyone how Reuel, who is also called Jethro the Midianite a descendant of Abraham, can be the biological father of a Kenite descendant of Cush?
I have an explanation, based on Jewish commentary, but I know you don't accept Jewish commentaries, except maybe the Talmud but only when it fits your narrative. Therefore, it's pointless to share my view.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
@The Anointed So what are your thoughts on this:
How do you explain the following verses:
"And David sent and inquired after the woman. And one said: 'Is not this Bath-sheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?'" (2 Samuel 11:3)
"Eliphelet the son of Ahasbai, the son of the Maacathite, Eliam the son of Ahithophel the Gilonite." (2 Samuel 23:34)

Here we see that Bat-sheva was the daughter of Eliam, son of Ahitophel, while in Chronicles we see her name is Bat-shua, daughter of Amiel. The reason we know that those two are the same woman is because they were both said to be the mother of Solomon. So what do we have? We have a woman with two names and a mysterious father.

The Eliam route suggests he is the son of Ahitophel, making both him and his first son-in-law, Uriah, warriors of David, further connecting him and his daughter to David, and explaining the phrase "Is not this Bat-sheva, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah" - as though David is supposed to be familiar with all three names! (but he should be, considering the father and son-in-law are two of his warriors and the daughter of one of them is the wife of the other)
The Amiel route suggests he is the son of Oved-Edom the Levite, in which case David would know him because he knew Oved-Edom, so maybe also knew his son(s)?

epronovost

Long dead or future_________
Not the ' kingdom of Israel ', but God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44.
The kingdom of Israel proved to be a national kingdom, a fleshly kingdom.

What does it change? The solomonic dynasty was still dead and gone for centuries when Jesus was born. It would be like if I claimed the crown of Samarkand because I'm a decendant Tamerlane. Tamerlane's empire is long dead though his people still live and they have restructured themselves in a series of "republic".

So, Jesus was Not meant to achieve kingship in the first century, but future.

So what you are saying is that Jesus will one day return from the dead and claim back the crown of a kingdom that died almost 3000 years ago, using a genealogical claim to a dynasty of that long dead kingdom to rule over a new kingdom that he will forge in a more or less bloody fashion. If he ascend to power and forge his futur kingdom through military might, his claim to an ancient and completely irrelevent dynasty of a completely irrelevent ancient kingdom is useless. He can claim right to rule by conquest in that case and it's not like his dynastic claims give him any more legitimacy.

Brian2

Veteran Member
For reference:
43582_4b97e7c78b22decbcd54e5687b6dbb44.png

(Contradiction: Which geneaology of Jesus is correct?)

Thanks, it's great to see both genealogies going in the same direction.
Matthew left generations out of his genealogy.
The gospel of Matthew seems to be written for the Jews of his day more than Luke's gospel.
Matthew seems to be wanting to show the legalities of Jesus being an heir to the throne of David through Jesus legal father line.
Luke was a gentile and a physician and according to the start of his gospel he was writing to a certain Theophilus, either a friend or, as the name suggests, anyone who loves God. Luke would have been wanting to show that Jesus was the biological descendant of David. His genealogy, for that reason and for others, seems to be the genealogy of Mary.
So both the genealogies can be correct.
Is there a problem with Shealtiel and Zerubbabel being in both genealogies? If so, what is the problem?
Zerubbabel is the legal son of Shealtiel and so legally the grandson of Jeconiah. Is that a problem?
Zerubbabel also seems to have been a nephew of Shealtiel,,,,,,,,,,,probably a Levirate marriage of Pedaiah, Shealtiel's brother, to Shealtiel's wife when Shealtiel did not have sons.
Then before Shealtiel the Lukan gospel would have followed the line of the wife of the Levirate marriage and gone to her father and so on back to Nathan and David.
Is that a problem in Judaism?
Certainly the Zohar seemed to think that the Messiah would come from Nathan.

epronovost

His genealogy, for that reason and for others, seems to be the genealogy of Mary.

Why would anybody make the genealogy of a woman? Both the Jews of the time and the Romans were strictly patriarchal and patrilineal. The genealogy of a woman is completely pointless.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So what you are saying is that Jesus will one day return from the dead and claim back the crown of a kingdom that died almost 3000 years ago, using a genealogical claim to a dynasty of that long dead kingdom to rule over a new kingdom that he will forge in a more or less bloody fashion. If he ascend to power and forge his future kingdom through military might, his claim to an ancient and completely irrelevent dynasty of a completely irrelevent ancient kingdom is useless. He can claim right to rule by conquest in that case and it's not like his dynastic claims give him any more legitimacy.

If you call 'angelic armies' ( See Revelation 19:14 ) as being military might then 'yes'.
The executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16.
Jesus will be king of God's kingdom over Earth for a thousand years according to 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.
Jesus, also as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

epronovost

If you call 'angelic armies' ( See Revelation 19:14 ) as being military might then 'yes'.
The executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16.
Jesus will be king of God's kingdom over Earth for a thousand years according to 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.
Jesus, also as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

Can you see the glaring contradiction in your post?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Can you see the glaring contradiction in your post?
Since wars will cease - Psalm 46:9 - then there is No contradiction.
It is just that man with his doom-and-gloom Doom's Day Clock with its hands set to striking the dark midnight hour is the contradiction.
Man's long history has proven that man can't establish lasting peace on earth.
Man can't rid the earth of the wicked.

The Anointed

What does it change? The solomonic dynasty was still dead and gone for centuries when Jesus was born. It would be like if I claimed the crown of Samarkand because I'm a decendant Tamerlane. Tamerlane's empire is long dead though his people still live and they have restructured themselves in a series of "republic".

So what you are saying is that Jesus will one day return from the dead and claim back the crown of a kingdom that died almost 3000 years ago, using a genealogical claim to a dynasty of that long dead kingdom to rule over a new kingdom that he will forge in a more or less bloody fashion. If he ascend to power and forge his futur kingdom through military might, his claim to an ancient and completely irrelevent dynasty of a completely irrelevent ancient kingdom is useless. He can claim right to rule by conquest in that case and it's not like his dynastic claims give him any more legitimacy.

See Post #45; The Solomonic dynasty lives on through Shealtiel.

The Anointed

@The Anointed So what are your thoughts on this:

You ask me; “How do you explain the following verses:”
"And David sent and inquired after the woman. And one said: 'Is not this Bath-sheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?'" (2 Samuel 11:3)
"Eliphelet the son of Ahasbai, the son of the Maacathite, Eliam the son of Ahithophel the Gilonite." (2 Samuel 23:34)

Quite simple, there is more than one man in the scriptures by the name Eliam.

There is Eliam the son of Ahitophel, and there is Eliam, who is also called Ammiel, who is the son of Obed-edom

Go to Young’s Analytical Concordance and you will find the Eliam the father of Bathsheba is also called Ammiel, which is borne out in 1 Chronicles 3: 5; where it is said that Bathsheba is the daughter of Ammiel, and Ammiel is a Levite son of Obed-e’dom as revealed in 1 Chronicles 26: 4.

And nowhere in the scriptures is it said that Eliam the son of Ahitophel the Gilonite,, was the father of Bathshebab, that is simply your erroneous thinking.

But the scriptures do reveal that the Eliam who is also call Ammiel is the Levite father of Bathsheba and son of Obed-edom.

You should learn to study the scripture yourself, rather than coming to me for your biblical education.

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-17_13-16-38.png
    upload_2020-6-17_13-16-38.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 0

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Quite simple, there is more than one man in the scriptures by the name Eliam.
...wait, what? There's more than one Eliam, but the same cannot be said about Amiel? o_O Guess I missed the hyperdrive port where we crossed into an alternate dimension...:rolleyes:
And nowhere in the scriptures is it said that Eliam the son of Ahitophel the Gilonite,, was the father of Bathshebab, that is simply your erroneous thinking.
Nor does it say that Amiel the father of Bat-shua was the same person as Amiel, son of Oved-Edom.
You should learn to study the scripture yourself, rather than coming to me for your biblical education.
Wow, are you full of yourself...I've never, ever, come to you for Biblical education. You make up weird, usually baseless claims about the Bible, so I come to you to explain yourself. That simple.

Last edited:

epronovost

See Post #45; The Solomonic dynasty lives on through Shealtiel.

Who cares? How is this even pertinent. Plus, this genealogy doesn't indicate that Jesus is the eldest adult male of that dynasty and the one with the best claim either. There are over a hundred person alive today who are direct descendant of House Bourbon (that of the French royalty) only one of them Louis Alphonse de Bourbon actually has a legitimate claim to a kingdom that no longer exists.

epronovost

Since wars will cease - Psalm 46:9 - then there is No contradiction.
It is just that man with his doom-and-gloom Doom's Day Clock with its hands set to striking the dark midnight hour is the contradiction.
Man's long history has proven that man can't establish lasting peace on earth.
Man can't rid the earth of the wicked.

As I can see, no, you indeed don't see the contradiction.