• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can Jesus have to genealogies?

outhouse

Atheistically
Yeah I think the term "Son of God" had nothing to do with being the Physical son of God in the flesh.

Originally ? By the authors? or later?

We know it evolved into the literal wording, when that change took place would be interesting to know.

outhouse

Atheistically
Jesus was the first born of Mary, hence a "virgin" birth.

Say's who?

There are two birth legends which historically are not viewed as credible history, but more as mythology in creating theology IE building divinity.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Say's who?

There are two birth legends which historically are not viewed as credible history, but more as mythology in creating theology IE building divinity.

Precisely. ^^^

Not only to establish Jesus as rival to Caesar, but to make him the prophet like Moses and the new Adam.

Matthew rehashes the exodus ordeal completely in his birth narrative.

Awoon

Say's who?

Says I. People only consider a woman to be a virgin until she has sex. But the first birth is a virgin birth.

outhouse

Atheistically
Says I. .

Thanks but faith alone doesnt cut it.

Supernatural events, need supernatural evidence, which you have zero or nothing at all.

But the first birth is a virgin birth

Mythology writes of events like this.

In those ancient and primitive time's, hybrid babies born from women breeding with gods was all to common in Hellensitic mythology, for modern educated men to follow outside of theology and mythology.

Awoon

Thanks but faith alone doesnt cut it.

Supernatural events, need supernatural evidence, which you have zero or nothing at all.

Mythology writes of events like this.

In those ancient and primitive time's, hybrid babies born from women breeding with gods was all to common in Hellensitic mythology, for modern educated men to follow outside of theology and mythology.

I never said anything was "supernatural," you have. Any woman's first birth is a virgin birth.

Last edited: