• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Can Anyone Not Accept This Biblical Prophecy as Real?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Next point: the synoptic gospels are not independent sources:
Start of your thread you allowed for analyzing all perspectives, the Q source theory, and the idea the gospels is plagiarized is only one perspective.

Another would be if we examine the Greek, we can see different writing styles, where some of the parables are not in all 3 the same, and not written the same either.
The OP asserts that the synoptic gospels are independent sources that are reliable as to what Jesus said and did, while John is, apparently, a pack of lies.
Wasn't trying to establish that the Synoptic Gospels were perfect, and couldn't, the Gospel writers have added their perspectives on things.

Just the character of Yeshua in the Synoptic Gospels isn't the same as within the Gospel of John.
have their own accounts of things that have happened according to their interpretations
Check all the points listed against John, it isn't just this one point...

Yet this was the simplest to show a prophecy fulfillment...

The idea that the Gospel of John is so shoddy, and yet the world hasn't noticed, when it sounds nothing like Yeshua; regardless of what someone wants to interpret, we can still show with evidence, that the world has been convinced of a lie.
parsing the exact wording of Yeshua quotes.
Don't believe we completely can; yet it is the best evidence we've got to systematically work within the material available to us, to try to build a character reference at least.

When we do this, in the Synoptic Gospels Yeshua talks totally differently, when compared to within the Gospel of John.

No parables in john, repeated usage of "Ego I-mee", multiple times stating to believe in him (x11), repeated "amen amen" statements, using third party about himself, etc...

Slowly parsing the faults in it; not establishing the truth.
your preexisting belief
Your grasping at shadows, as you've got no clue how much experience i've got; to assume someone as naive, is always a bad call.
There isn't a reason to say "I am"?
In many languages to make a word I do something, we can add a letter to it....

So in Spanish Habla 'speaks', Hablo 'I speak'.

Been told you'd use the Ego I-mee statement if asked a question like in court, "are you this person?" "I Am."

Thus the reason they've wrote those lines, is to blatantly mislead people, by over emphasizing him claiming to be god.
what qualifies as going "astray" from the correct position
If Yeshua's teachings establish the right teachings, and by using more than one witness we can establish a case of what is possible he might have said, then that qualifies as being on the partially right track...

Being deceived is following things that are directly opposed to the fundamentals of his overall teachings; since most of them are also interlinking with Tanakh references, it is a massive moral structure that is easily shown.
If all that it takes to "satisfy" the prophecy is to say "I am", why would we assume it was deliberate at all?
Because the 7 I am statements are symbolism taken from the Tanakh Exodus, and mixed with an idea of the Spirits of the Lord, thus a lot is purposefully made up.

Plus as we read more religious material, it is a quite a common practise of using 'I Am' to indicate some divine authority speaking throughout history. :innocent:

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Start of your thread you allowed for analyzing all perspectives, the Q source theory, and the idea the gospels is plagiarized is only one perspective.

Another would be if we examine the Greek, we can see different writing styles, where some of the parables are not in all 3 the same, and not written the same either.

Wasn't trying to establish that the Synoptic Gospels were perfect, and couldn't, the Gospel writers have added their perspectives on things.

Just the character of Yeshua in the Synoptic Gospels isn't the same as within the Gospel of John.

Check all the points listed against John, it isn't just this one point...

Yet this was the simplest to show a prophecy fulfillment...

The idea that the Gospel of John is so shoddy, and yet the world hasn't noticed, when it sounds nothing like Yeshua; regardless of what someone wants to interpret, we can still show with evidence, that the world has been convinced of a lie.

Don't believe we completely can; yet it is the best evidence we've got to systematically work within the material available to us, to try to build a character reference at least.

When we do this, in the Synoptic Gospels Yeshua talks totally differently, when compared to within the Gospel of John.

No parables in john, repeated usage of "Ego I-mee", multiple times stating to believe in him (x11), repeated "amen amen" statements, using third party about himself, etc...

Slowly parsing the faults in it; not establishing the truth.

Your grasping at shadows, as you've got no clue how much experience i've got; to assume someone as naive, is always a bad call.

In many languages to make a word I do something, we can add a letter to it....

So in Spanish Habla 'speaks', Hablo 'I speak'.

Been told you'd use the Ego I-mee statement if asked a question like in court, "are you this person?" "I Am."

Thus the reason they've wrote those lines, is to blatantly mislead people, by over emphasizing him claiming to be god.

If Yeshua's teachings establish the right teachings, and by using more than one witness we can establish a case of what is possible he might have said, then that qualifies as being on the partially right track...

Being deceived is following things that are directly opposed to the fundamentals of his overall teachings; since most of them are also interlinking with Tanakh references, it is a massive moral structure that is easily shown.

Because the 7 I am statements are symbolism taken from the Tanakh Exodus, and mixed with an idea of the Spirits of the Lord, thus a lot is purposefully made up.

Plus as we read more religious material, it is a quite a common practise of using 'I Am' to indicate some divine authority speaking throughout history. :innocent:
so, in short, you're cherry-picking which books and even verses that you will accept as legitimate, and rejecting others...all based on your own personal experiences and your own personal interpretation of the texts...:rolleyes:

wizanda

Premium Member
so, in short, you're cherry-picking which books and even verses that you will accept as legitimate, and rejecting others...all based on your own personal experiences and your own personal interpretation of the texts...:rolleyes:
There is no in short, as that misses the point of analysis you were suggesting, we either check everything or just allow anything.

Within that Paul contradicts Christ on at least 36 points, John conflicts with Yeshua on numerous points, and Christianity is the corruption that happen to the teachings after.

Many have noticed Paul; yet once more remove Paul, more should hopefully notice the inconsistencies in John, as hardly any of it fits together theologically.

Thus trying to make it only a personal understanding, when many award winning theologians and scholars have started noticing the same, says more about lack of education on the topic. :innocent:

Kelly of the Phoenix

Well I would just toss out the gospel of john because of how much it deviates from the other gospels. How much later it came about. There are numerous reasons to reject john but.. If you read the chapters before and the verses before it seems to me all this is saying is that anyone who comes after him and says "I am." Is false. He doesn't reject the statement I am altogether.
Yeah, it's like "I am the Great and Wonderful Wizard of Oz. I am totally a legit wizard. You will hear of other wizards, but they are false."
It says many shall be deceived; plus him saying the whole world is in context of that whole speech; not just a small break away group.
As Christianity also loves to hate intelligence, outright relying on ignorance to ensure an audience, how then can we be sure that anything THEY say is true? I mean, I hate John as well, and consider him to be a horrible suck up, but saying he's a moron isn't fulfilling some "prophecy". They ALL are gospels that are putting their own spin on things. It's like when Judas is "revealed" to be the traitor because he ate bread ... um ... it was the Last Supper and they ALL ate it?

Why would anyone deliberately make up something prophesied to deceive everyone, other than to make a group of hypocrites?
For the giggles, I guess.

For some people, once you realize just how easy it is to play people like a harp, it almost becomes a game.

Goddamn it. Where is that white-haired samurai pretty-boy when you need him?
I know. It's been terrifying seeing the basic plot (if you can call it basic) of Metal Gear play out just as Hideo predicted.

wizanda

Premium Member
As Christianity also loves to hate intelligence, outright relying on ignorance to ensure an audience, how then can we be sure that anything THEY say is true?
Because we don't use Christianity, we use textual analysis, and after years of talking with Christians, they seem to be attracted to all the bits we'd call false.
They ALL are gospels that are putting their own spin on things.
The Gospel of John is most likely coming from the perspective of what the Sanhedrin thought Yeshua was saying, based on hearsay evidence, and their own personal impressions; which means it is a negative reinforcement, and yet is taken as the foundation to Christian beliefs.

Have a look at all the contradictions listed, and still haven't even gone over every line yet.... :innocent:

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
It doesn't have to, only the title is misleading, as it should state, 'how can anyone not accept this biblical prophecy as real'; yet once we accept the first premise, it is easier to start questioning all the rest.

Fair enough. Now Kelly's post doesn't make make much sense.

It is good tho, as what it has shown is people don't read much other than the title, and then make an opinion about a massive subject matter.

Not really. I read the OP as well as the title and it looked like you were trying to use a single prophecy in the Bible being fulfilled to imply that all Biblical prophecies were accurate.

Fair enough. Now Kelly's post doesn't make make much sense.

Not really. I read the OP as well as the title and it looked like you were trying to use a single prophecy in the Bible being fulfilled to imply that all Biblical prophecies were accurate.
And that single "prophecy" was fulfilled retroactively.

That's like me writing a prediction tommorow that I would be making this post today.

Oh..spooky..if you are extremely gullible.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
There is no in short, as that misses the point of analysis you were suggesting, we either check everything or just allow anything.

Within that Paul contradicts Christ on at least 36 points, John conflicts with Yeshua on numerous points, and Christianity is the corruption that happen to the teachings after.

Many have noticed Paul; yet once more remove Paul, more should hopefully notice the inconsistencies in John, as hardly any of it fits together theologically.

Thus trying to make it only a personal understanding, when many award winning theologians and scholars have started noticing the same, says more about lack of education on the topic. :innocent:
No, it is not check everything or check nothing; it's about structuring questions in the correct way so that you will get a meaningful answer.

It is clear to me that to your mind, the synoptics--at least in relation to your quoted prophecy--meet whatever standard of evidence you have set or have accepted for yourself. I am asking you what YOUR standard is, and exactly how your quoted prophecy reaches that standard.

In other words, on what basis do you conclude that the synoptics are accurate representations of Christ, and that you can therefore use them against John?

For many, the legitimacy of any and/or all of the gospels is in doubt--so, using textual analysis can only highlight differences in the knowledge, abilities and purposes of the writers. This is because if NONE of the gospels can be accepted as legitimate, discussing the textual differences is meaningless--more like discussing the differences between Hemingway, Carroll, Faulkner and Tolkien, and insisting that some of them are "right" and the others "wrong."

As I (and others) pointed out in earlier posts, the specific 'prophecy' you're going on about does not reach a reasonable standard of evidence (that is, the five criteria for evaluating prophecy).

So again, what is your standard of evidence and how did you reach your conclusions?

eldios

Fair enough some of the things are really ambiguous to discern, and are not very clear....

Yet when all 3 Synoptic Gospels (Luke 21:8, Mark 13:5-6, Matthew 24:4-5) tell you the way the world will be deceived, is by those that come after Yeshua claiming to be him using "Ego I-mee" (I Am).

Then this is so blatant that the Gospel of John is made up, as it repeatedly (x7+1) uses 'Ego I-mee' as if Yeshua spoke that way, trying to make him seem like he was claiming to be God.

Many Christians perceive jesus is god because of the made up texts, the whole world has blatantly been deceived as specified, and because people listen to those deceived by said made up texts, everyone is seeing it as a joke, when it can be physically seen in the world that it has happened.

So why do people not question it outside of the religious confusions; how can people opposed to Abrahamic beliefs not take it a bit more seriously to point out the lack of discernment?

How come something so simple, and blatant can be missed by so many? :innocent:

Jesus and all us servants only speak for God. Our bodies are not God.

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

God is totally invisible to human beings.

wizanda

Premium Member
I read the OP as well as the title and it looked like you were trying to use a single prophecy in the Bible being fulfilled to imply that all Biblical prophecies were accurate.
Didn't intend to, thought people would read the OP to find out the premise of the title.

Plus don't see all Biblical prophecy as accurate, that would be a silly statement.
And that single "prophecy" was fulfilled retroactively.
That single prophecy is seen repeated many times, and if people even understood that simple concept, they might be able to be educated about all the other issues; yet whilst they remain ignorant on something so simple, then there isn't much point explaining the complexities.
what basis do you conclude that the synoptics are accurate representations of Christ, and that you can therefore use them against John?
They're not an accurate representation, same as in any court case, there are witnesses that have shoddy accounts; yet due to having multiple witnesses suggesting similar events, we can piece together a case.

Can show numerous errors within the testimonies; yet it doesn't mean some of the things stated haven't happened.
So again, what is your standard of evidence and how did you reach your conclusions?
Evidence doesn't need a standard, it is just evidence, each piece can be examined for its perspective, its content, and its fallacies.

The conclusions are based on evidence in the real world that the majority of Christianity follows the lies, showing that the text has been fulfilled in multiple places, that the world will be deceived. :innocent:

Didn't intend to, thought people would read the OP to find out the premise of the title.

Plus don't see all Biblical prophecy as accurate, that would be a silly statement.

That single prophecy is seen repeated many times, and if people even understood that simple concept, they might be able to be educated about all the other issues; yet whilst they remain ignorant on something so simple, then there isn't much point explaining the complexities.

They're not an accurate representation, same as in any court case, there are witnesses that have shoddy accounts; yet due to having multiple witnesses suggesting similar events, we can piece together a case.

Can show numerous errors within the testimonies; yet it doesn't mean some of the things stated haven't happened.

Evidence doesn't need a standard, it is just evidence, each piece can be examined for its perspective, its content, and its fallacies.

The conclusions are based on evidence in the real world that the majority of Christianity follows the lies, showing that the text has been fulfilled in multiple places, that the world will be deceived. :innocent:
All you need now is a soap box and a cardboard sign.

wizanda

Premium Member
All you need now is a soap box and a cardboard sign.
The fulfillment doesn't need broadcasting, the world has already been deceived; which proves many people are incapable of rational thinking down here near Hell....

So why try to educate a load of demons, who are soon to be removed anyway; it just shows people are not worth bothering with, if they need it explaining to them.

This was an attempt at trying to see if people outside of the Bible can comprehend it; yet regardless of results the Tribulation is soon, so it would be illogical to assume someone would want to inform people they've not got long left, when they can not even understand the basics. :innocent:

The fulfillment doesn't need broadcasting, the world has already been deceived; which proves many people are incapable of rational thinking down here near Hell....

So why try to educate a load of demons, who are soon to be removed anyway; it just shows people are not worth bothering with, if they need it explaining to them.

This was an attempt at trying to see if people outside of the Bible can comprehend it; yet regardless of results the Tribulation is soon, so it would be illogical to assume someone would want to inform people they've not got long left, when they can not even understand the basics. :innocent:
d73611ad96_Deepend.jpg

arjuna

Many criticize religious texts yet I cannot think of a better exercise than working with them. There are many forces tugging at them and one can see where humankind, or perhaps more accurately, (mostly man: although 'women' fall into the male based 'tradition': Jesus, beloved disciple, woman, Mary Magdalene, mother, Mary, Martha were of a different sort in g of John) have distorted them to fit their situation.
Personally speaking, in the Christian tradition, each gospel represents a different community's angle at the Christ event. Most early Christians were persecuted, then the 'faith' became orthodox through Constantine (367 AD). Paul's letters (50 AD) represented singular community reaction to persecution, then with interpolations and editing to match as they were 'developed'.
See the gospel of John's centrality of woman, then Paul's 'women should not be heard in church', to Revelation, the last entry into canon with all its violent imagery which has set a damaging paradigm to violent world events. I do not see a way to reconcile all the various dichotomies in the canon.
We (some) define what is 'sacred' in terms of 'accepted texts', demonize those who think or believe differently as heretical, build apologetics and defense and through projection avoid a deeper entry into self-knowledge/responsiblity. (Considering our 'role', our 'biases-prejudices' is a life-long entry)
For many, it seems best to run away from the challenge of integration, a turn to resting in 'not knowing', in encouraging new forms and a wider compassion and identification into 'world citizen'. Many do it. Many fight against such doers-dreamers with labels and accusation. It seems that the "Christ' has been hijacked as exclusively 'understood' by the mainstream. There is no room for dissent. Label it as 'homosexual' or 'sissy': man and woman must be 'patriotic', the Church with the flag and endorsing 'war'-- the sabbath now NFL Sunday: men, women and children finding affiliation and seeking to destroy the enemy, a combat flyover. : I love the NFL in terms of viewing but there is a subtle element: most recent: the draft picks announced by military at military base: children on stage, age 6 jumping and cheering to announcement in NFL garb...fighter jet to side...weird...

As a Christian, I would rather seek Abrahamic faith peace, with the help of other traditions, and be wrong than preach that God would so want his three offshoots to be at war with its hateful division and judgment and be right.

Last edited:

arjuna

Jesus and all us servants only speak for God. Our bodies are not God.

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

God is totally invisible to human beings.

I appreciate your opinion and agree. But we can move into 'seeing' in John's gospel. There are four uses of 'come and see'
1. unnamed disciple (could be beloved disciple) and Andrew answer Jesus' call to 'come and see'. John the Baptist just named him 'Lamb of God'. Jesus' statement followed the asking 'where are you staying'.
2. Philip gathers Nathanael to 'come and see'. Philip takes Nathanael to Jesus, Jesus sees Nathanael 'under fig tree', calls him 'an Israelite without guile', Nathanael calls Jesus 'Rabbi', 'Son of God', 'King of Israel'
3. Samaritan woman to her people: 'come, see' and takes them to Jesus. This was the Jews greatest enemy in Samaritan. She identifies Jesus as 'prophet', 'the Messiah', Jesus tells her 'I who speak to you am he.' (I am, you, he, she). There is no collective on one level. He indicates 'God worshipped in spirit and truth'. (a point of reconciliation between Jews and Jerusalem and Samaritans and Mount Gerizim)
4. Mary and the Jews call Jesus to 'come and see'. Lazarus is raised from the dead.

Either this is interesting to one or not. If I receive no response, I will stop with this information. To me, it is very interesting. and how, does it reconcile with other gospel accounts? The point is do not throw out the Bible because you see others using it in their way. Do not judge them too harshly. Yet find in it great solace and beauty. You can search for prophesy that is violent and divisive, signaling the end or search for more uplifting content.

Yet can we see God? in the book of Genesis Jacob tells his estranged brother Esau (that is the lineage of Jews and Muslims simplified), 'seeing your face is like seeing the face of God' but they separate. What does this mean?