• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can any true Christian accept an Appointing of a gay bishop ?

Smoke

Done here.
Other Bible writers similarly acknowledged that what they wrote were God's words, not theirs.
It's time for me to reveal this. What I write is God's word. Now that I've acknowledged that, you're accountable to God if you disobey his word as expressed through my writings.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Your statement concerning Tyre is not accurate. But that aside, it's revealing to me you choose to ignore the evidence presented of the Bible's inspiration.

In what way? There is no prophecy that it would be destroyed, or it was completely destroyed, never to be inhabited again?

DarkSun

:eltiT
It's time for me to reveal this. What I write is God's word. Now that I've acknowledged that, you're accountable to God if you disobey his word as expressed through my writings.

No, I'm fairly certain that whatever I write is God's word. Don't listen to a word Smoke says, Rusra, for his words are clearly those of the devil.

Last edited:

Beaudreaux

This will split the church into those who follow the word of God and those that choose not to follow the word of God – how can you be a Christian and not follow the word of God ?

...The bible is so very clear on homosexuality , there is no doubt...God made it very clear were he stands. I know some have said we need to – and I quote -

liberals believe the Bible should be reinterpreted in the light of contemporary wisdom.

That is directly against Gods word he is the same today – tomorrow and forever –
Oh! FINALLY someone who does not shy away from what the Bible says on homosexuality! I am so sick and tired of "Christians" who like to take SOME of what the Bible says, but as soon as God tells you do to something that would not be popular or accepted today, they look for reasons to discount the passage you have shown them. Mega Frubals to you for not being such a sellout.

You did kind of wimp out in your OP. God's Word is very clear that God commands us to put homosexuals to death.
Leviticus 20:13

13 " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

I know that you have killed some homosexuals as God has commanded. What do you say to the people who argue away the power of God's Holy Word and insist that we interpret it in the light of our "new" modern morality?

A

angellous_evangellous

From a Christian point of view... it's all about calling. We believe that God gifts certain people with the compassion to lead, teach, and minister to the church.

A person who has a calling is burdened with a relentless desire to serve others in the name of Christ.

I cannot imagine how painful it would be to carry that burden with no place to release it. When the church forces its called ones not to express their calling, both the church and the minister suffer the loss of a wasted gift.

Beaudreaux

Oh! FINALLY someone who does not shy away from what the Bible says on homosexuality! I am so sick and tired of "Christians" who like to take SOME of what the Bible says, but as soon as God tells you do to something that would not be popular or accepted today, they look for reasons to discount the passage you have shown them. Mega Frubals to you for not being such a sellout.

You did kind of wimp out in your OP. God's Word is very clear that God commands us to put homosexuals to death.

I know that you have killed some homosexuals as God has commanded. What do you say to the people who argue away the power of God's Holy Word and insist that we interpret it in the light of our "new" modern morality?
Yo, thetruththewaythelife, I really want to hear how you respond to these liberals. Are you there?