• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The thing is we’ve tried the old ways and had two world wars that brought massive destruction and massive loss of life. It wasn’t enough and isn’t enough to stop more nations from going nuclear or using them.

World unity is the only thing we haven’t seriously tried. If it doesn’t work we can always go back to our old ways.

It starts with us. We aren't separated from the people on the news. What we do influence what others do and in turn influences others.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Not describing utopia at all, as I don't believe utopia exists on this planet, nor will it ever exists. It's a daydream for people attached to these physical bodies, not actually believing in an afterlife. Challenges are what makes the soul evolve.

We have less wars, less starvation (although Yemen because of Saudi, and Saudi supporters might change that ... very quickly) more harmony, less religious dogma, more yoga and inner striving for peace, better food, better health, better sanitation, a really significant trend towards renewable energy and sustainable agriculture and much more. Of course, if you wish, you could change your name to PessimisticaboutHumanity if you want to.

Of course, as a Hindu mystic, my personal focus is far more about inner change, not external pessimism. But you go ahead.

I think we all want what’s best for everyone.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
....and you thought I didn't know that?
I live by that, just calling by a different name.
I don't use your language, nor need to.
You asked a question. I replied. Now there is no question :D
How am I concerned with what you know or don't? I did not ask that.
Not describing utopia at all, as I don't believe utopia exists on this planet, nor will it ever exists.
Bahais guarantee it. Other religions also guarantee it.

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
No, no - of course not! And you mustn't say that...tsk tsk! And you're right about the JWs - that is quite a story - ridiculous really when it is so perfectly obvious that Daniel and Revelation were really referring to a couple of illiterate Persians in 1844! How could anyone be so blind as not to see that?
Yes, it is so obvious. I don't know how anybody missed that the 3 "Woes" we're Muhammad, The Bab, and Baha'u'llah. That the two Witnesses were Muhammad and Ali, that all the beasts and dragon were the evil Ummayads, one Baha'i said that the "Lamb" in Revelation is the Bab, because the word used for lamb is different than the word used for lamb in the gospels that referred to Jesus, also Revelation says the Lamb was slain and Jesus was crucified, so obviously this lamb is The Bab.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Baha'ullah did refer to Christian and OT Bible, alluding to its verses, saying All are fulfilled. He even specifically referred to the Bab as return of John the Baptist, He also referred to many verses of OT and NT saying they are prophecies of Himself. Those people around Him had Islamic background, and they were asking Him more questions from Islamic point of view, and Christianity. Just the details of them, that is, showing how these are exactly fulfilled eere explained by Abdulbaha, because the Christians asked Him.
Abdulbhaha never studied Religions, and when they asked questions, He replied to them right there immediately from mind and then they wrote His answers. That is how the Book Some Answered Questions was made.
I wonder if Siti has read the explanation of the resurrection in Some Answered Questions? That should prove once and for all that Abdu'l Baha had never studied religion.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I just shook my head too. It is really hard to believe that anyone would say all prophecies have been accomplished. What???? It's more likely that Donald Trump is the new Messiah than most of that stuff.

Get over it, people. The future cannot be predicted.
There's still hope for Trump, but not as the Messiah. He might be the Anti-Christ and bring about the end of the world.

InvestigateTruth

As I said before, my great uncle was self-taught. As far as I know, he didn't have any tutors either. And I know he had little money. At that time (turn of the last century for him) it was quite common. It's really not that special. I fail to see any great significance in Baha'u'llah. Lots of people were learned, there were very few schools in those days.
I am sorry, but I have to point out your comparison is not a fair and accurate comparison, for the following reasons:
Firstly, your comparison is a one dimentional comparison, and what I mean by this is, suppose Newton who was a well-known scientists, had done self studies too, and your uncle has done self studies: can we conclude your dear uncle is equal to Newton, just because they both did self studies?

Secondly and Moreover, all people, more or less do self studies, but, if we are comparing, the important question is 'How much', a person did self study. So, the second point is, not to over-generalize if you are comparing.
Thirdly, it is the matter of 'What' material or subjects did a person used for self study. Again, I do not see any fair and accurate data in your comparison.
Fourth dimension of comparison, should be the question of 'how long' did a person did self study. Again, i do not see any accuracy in your comparison.
Fifth, is really the comparison of the 'Result' of self study, which means how did the self study a particular person did, effect the world. Again, I do not see any fair or accurate comparison based on available information.
In general, I would suggest, you try to provide a fair comparison based on the above five dimensions at least in you comparison, and you must for each one of them, provide your references from historical evidences, so, it can be said that you truly is doing a proper comparison, a fair investigation with a fairly accurate results, free from bias!

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
That period is past. If you quote completely, it say " nations against nations, kingdom against kingdom".
The period that there were kingdoms are passed. Most of the Kingdoms lived till late 19th or early 20th century. That prophecy is compatible with first world war. The rumors of war, were Around the same time Bahaullah as Bahaullah lived.

Here is a prophecy from Zorasterism which is not vague:

"When a thousand two hundred and some years have passed from the inception of the religion of the Arabian [Most probably Islam and the Coming of Muhammed] and the overthrow of the kingdom of Iran and the degradation of the followers of My religion, a descendant of the Iranian kings will be raised up as a Prophet." - ZOROASTER - Dinkird

Zoroastrian Prophecies for the Coming of the Saoshyant

Does not Bahaullah fit the description?
Are there still nations and rumors of war? Have we beaten are swords into plowshares?

InvestigateTruth

Are there still nations and rumors of war? Have we beaten are swords into plowshares?
And where does in scriptures say, when the Promised One comes, the wars will end immediately?
Moreover, since there is no more 'kingdoms against each other", that proves we are in a different Time. This is the condition that has come to pass.

InvestigateTruth

Allusions aren't proof. Although, to their credit, it does leave things open to later interpretation to suit the agenda. Most people prefer direct statements to allusion.
It seems to me you are over generalizing. Allusions can be proofs in my view. If they are not proofs in your view, you should state it as your personal opinion my friend.

InvestigateTruth

And again, that is not proof. Anyone can write anything they want to. All it says is that somebody wrote something. "Paris is the capital of Austrralia.' See how easy that is.
Again, it seems to me you did not see we have shown many of the Prophecies here, in details how they are compatible with the Baha'i Revelation.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I think we all want what’s best for everyone.
That's true, except that many of us vary on what's best for everyone. Baha'is and other proselytising religions think that what's best is for the entire planet to convert to their way, whereas people like me just want respect in all directions, except no respect for hate. Acceptance, sure, but not respect.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It seems to me you are over generalizing. Allusions can be proofs in my view. If they are not proofs in your view, you should state it as your personal opinion my friend.
You state your personal opinion all the time, as do I. There is nothing here but but opinions. Of course some people view their personal opinions as facts, and all other people's opinions as just opinions. I don't. To me it's all opinion.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I am sorry, but I have to point out your comparison is not a fair and accurate comparison, for the following reasons:
Firstly, your comparison is a one dimentional comparison, and what I mean by this is, suppose Newton who was a well-known scientists, had done self studies too, and your uncle has done self studies: can we conclude your dear uncle is equal to Newton, just because they both did self studies?

You think I was comparing my own great uncle to your 'manifestation'. I have no idea how you came to that offbeat ridiculous idea. It's a total stretch. But when all you can think of is defending your guy, perhaps you think every word is an accusation. If I say I went for coffee, you could probably come up with some scheme of how I was criticising Baha'u'llah by going for coffee. All I was saying is that is wasn't at all uncommon to be self-educated. Lots of people did it. It wasn't than uncommon to write books either. It also isn't that uncommon to declared yourself infallible, or a prophet. We have one on these forums as we write. Mental institutions are full of them.

My point is that, yes, you think your prophet/manifestation/spiritual hero was great. But there's no real proof of that, beyond opinion. He did no miracles, spoke incredibly vaguely, was out of touch with the common man. Of course you are free to think he was great. Lots of people think their country is the greatest country on the planet. You're a Baha'i, that's what you're supposed to think. Heck, that's what you HAVE to think. If you didn't, your world would come crumbling down, It's the security blanket.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Again, it seems to me you did not see we have shown many of the Prophecies here, in details how they are compatible with the Baha'i Revelation.
I didn't have to. Lots of reasonable people concluded they were false. And it actually makes no difference to me anyway. How does the idea that one prophecy came true, coincidentally or otherwise, help this world?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Come on? You're a man of education. What does it mean? God's gonna kick your sorry a***. That's what it means.:D
Yeah, He's going to pour His wrath on all of humanity, all those that don't believe in His Son Jesus. And He's going to cast Satan and all unbelievers into hell. Why? Because God is a just God and we deserve to be punished.

He clearly told us what He expects, obedience to His Laws, until He changes them. But that's beside the point. Yeah, you tell 'em Adrian. Jesus warned us... We're all doomed to hell if we don't follow Jesus. Or, unless we don't believe any of that. Then something else is going to happen. But condemning and blaming and predicting disasters usually works.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
The thing is we’ve tried the old ways and had two world wars that brought massive destruction and massive loss of life.

Are those really the 'old ways'. How about the old ways of Taoism, Confucionism, Buddhism, some indigenous societies, and Sanatana Dharma. Maybe we should go back to those real old ways, when life was simpler, and before Abrahamic domination and the ridiculous ethnocentric belief in converting everyone?

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Tomorrow. Haven't you heard? Oh, and if not tomorrow, the next day, or maybe the day after that. On a better front, I hear Saudi relaxed its embargo. Maybe the Yemeni won't all starve. The western humanitarians will step up to the plate. I wonder if the Baha'i' will help.