• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Horrors! Biden to force plant based beer on the U.S.:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Befuddled Larry Kudlow Rails That Biden Will Force Americans To Guzzle 'Plant-Based Beer'

Yes, you can read all about it there. Biden is going to force beer drinkers to switch to a plant based product. What will we ever do?

“Speaking of stupid,” he<Kudlow> began. “America has to, get this, America has to stop eating meat, stop eating poultry and fish, seafood, eggs, dairy and animal-based fats. OK, got that? No burgers on July Fourth. No steaks on the barbecue. ... So get ready. You can throw back a plant-based beer with your grilled Brussels sprouts and wave your American flag.”

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Befuddled Larry Kudlow Rails That Biden Will Force Americans To Guzzle 'Plant-Based Beer'

Yes, you can read all about it there. Biden is going to force beer drinkers to switch to a plant based product. What will we ever do?

“Speaking of stupid,” he<Kudlow> began. “America has to, get this, America has to stop eating meat, stop eating poultry and fish, seafood, eggs, dairy and animal-based fats. OK, got that? No burgers on July Fourth. No steaks on the barbecue. ... So get ready. You can throw back a plant-based beer with your grilled Brussels sprouts and wave your American flag.”

So I can't drink meat beer?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
OMG, the outrage!!!!! Next they're gonna come for your children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. The horror!

Must be a slow news day in RW medialand. This is called "manufactured outrage"
`It was a minor faux pas based upon a false narrative. Perhaps he should have used soy milk instead of cow's milk as an example. I have had various plant based "milks" and find most of them quite acceptable. I just wish that the price was a bit more reasonable. Theoretically they should be cheaper than cow's milk.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Maybe Biden has a new slogan? Make America healthy again :confused:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Sorry america but grains and hops are plants.

A good, wholesome vegetarian drink.

And now you know...

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe vegan meat beer?

At first, I was going to make a joke about "tofu beer," but to my surprise, there really is such a thing.

Alcohol Made from Tofu Whey | Stylus

ls_1512_blogs2_--__w_760_.jpg

Tofu beer. Whoda thunk it?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
At first, I was going to make a joke about "tofu beer," but to my surprise, there really is such a thing.

Alcohol Made from Tofu Whey | Stylus

ls_1512_blogs2_--__w_760_.jpg

Tofu beer. Whoda thunk it?

That is actually pretty cool. It is almost free beer:

"Researchers at the University of Singapore have developed the world's first alcoholic beverage made from tofu whey, a commonly wasted by-product from the tofu production process."

Waste not want not and get a good buzz on.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
That is actually pretty cool. It is almost free beer:

"Researchers at the University of Singapore have developed the world's first alcoholic beverage made from tofu whey, a commonly wasted by-product from the tofu production process."

Waste not want not and get a good buzz on.

It also mentioned that it has certain health benefits, such as boosting bone and heart health. So one can truthfully say one uses it "only for medicinal purposes."

Vee

Premium Member

Isn't beer already plant based? I have a feeling I'm missing the point here...:oops:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Um. Does he know what hops is?

Vee

Premium Member
Why didn't the man that used to be Trump's economic advisor?

I remember his time as financial advisor, and let's say he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. I don't know how those people get their jobs, but it can't be based on intelligence or general knowledge.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Um. Does he know what hops is?
Let's look at perhaps the oldest law on beer in existence:

Reinheitsgebot - Wikipedia

According to the 1516 Bavarian law, the only ingredients that could be used in the production of beer were water, barley and hops.[2] The text does not mention yeast as an ingredient, although yeast was at the time knowingly used in the brewing process. It is likely that brewers of the time preferred to see yeast as a fixture of the brewing process. Yeast produced in one batch was commonly transferred to a subsequent batch, thus giving yeast a more permanent character in the brewing process. A full understanding of chemical basis of yeast and the fermentation process did not come until much later.

Okay. two plant based ingredients, two not. Barley and hops are plant based. Water, is a simple chemical, and yeast is a fungus. All of them are "vegan".

Vee

Premium Member
Yes, it is. Something that everyone should know. And thus the reason for this fun thread. I can understand that Vee does not imbibe, but you too knew this obvious fact. Why didn't the man that used to be Trump's economic advisor?

BTY, I drink alcohol, but I'm more of a wine person.