• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hormone Therapy

Ellen Brown

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experiences.
I haven't condemned you, have I?

Sorry, I am just so used to having those with belief be condemning. The one exception might be the Reform Jews, though I can not verify that yet.

Ellen Brown

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experiences.
I haven't condemned you, have I?

I was a member of a very conservative Evangelical community and had been to Honduras and Kenya as a missionary. I was absolutely committed to God. I had a big fat, very messy nervous breakdown due to PTSD from childhood, and they condemned me, saying I had backslidden into sin, was gay, and a whole plethora of things.

In retrospect, I wasn't GID at all but had PTSD. The community I was in did have the choice to support me and help me heal. Having been thrown out, the LGBT community was happy to take me in and apply their agenda to me. They got me on heavy doses of Psych meds that made me very suggestible, and a counselor got me to transition, and have the surgery.

Today, the Christian community is in some cases trying to do better. At my age, it is too hard to go back the other way. I'm a recluse and do not intend to have a relationship with a male, most of whom want to be taken care of. Just waiting for it to be over since suicide seems to be frowned upon.

Thank you for trying to understand.

Ellen Brown

So what do you propose should be done for a young person suffering from gender dysphoria? This is a complex issue.

I have not had much contact with children with GID. With some folk, older, transitioned folk are still seen as a danger to children.

I think that the "Most Correct" model for those with GID might be what the Navajo and most Native American peoples do. They see four genders; Male, Female, Male with strong Female Spirit, and Female with strong male spirit. So, a young male would live as a male but when he felt his female spirit was strong would live as female. No condemnation, no hormones, no surgery. They are seen as a normal part of their Dine' (People).

It is the people of the binary people who create the problem.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Today, the Christian community is in some cases trying to do better.
It's amazing how much change has happened over the course of just my own 30 years. I remember being called gay being a serious accusation when I was a kid, to many churches today not really caring or making a deal out of it, and many being openly accepting and tolerant (at least on the sign).
Differences in different areas in America is also amazing. Being transgender about anywhere in California is immeasurably easier than it is in Indiana. Largely and mostly, where I can just exist as an ordinary jack *** in the background that people really aren't paying attention to. In Indiana, all it took was long hair to get ridiculed, and eyeliner to harvest crappy stares from people. But here I can go out as me, and so far the worst that happened was a cat call that made me intensely self-conscious about everything for the rest of the day. I was told at least a few times to leave Indiana. I would be stunned if anyone told me to leave any part of California.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Most definitely, because nature itself is not a black and white dichotomy and binary but a rainbow of assorted bits and pieces and its really only our perspective that views it as potentially messy and ugly and complicated. To nature, what boggles our minds and stumps our narrow and limited views is just of no concern. It does what it does as a godly dictator rampaging on unopposed and unhindered, and our paultrous wails and pleas for neatness and simplicity will eternally go ignored, and twilight and rainbows and various genetic combinations and a myriad other things that cant be easily classified as either-or will continue to be a continual and constant presence in all our lives.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Most definitely, because nature itself is not a black and white dichotomy and binary but a rainbow of assorted bits and pieces and its really only our perspective that views it as potentially messy and ugly and complicated. To nature, what boggles our minds and stumps our narrow and limited views is just of no concern. It does what it does as a godly dictator rampaging on unopposed and unhindered, and our paultrous wails and pleas for neatness and simplicity will eternally go ignored, and twilight and rainbows and various genetic combinations and a myriad other things that cant be easily classified as either-or will continue to be a continual and constant presence in all our lives.

Off topic: that hurt my eyes and made me dizzy to read lol

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I have not had much contact with children with GID. With some folk, older, transitioned folk are still seen as a danger to children.

I think that the "Most Correct" model for those with GID might be what the Navajo and most Native American peoples do. They see four genders; Male, Female, Male with strong Female Spirit, and Female with strong male spirit. So, a young male would live as a male but when he felt his female spirit was strong would live as female. No condemnation, no hormones, no surgery. They are seen as a normal part of their Dine' (People).

This has nothing to do with MtF who have vaginoplasty like myself.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
I was a member of a very conservative Evangelical community and had been to Honduras and Kenya as a missionary. I was absolutely committed to God. I had a big fat, very messy nervous breakdown due to PTSD from childhood, and they condemned me, saying I had backslidden into sin, was gay, and a whole plethora of things.

In retrospect, I wasn't GID at all but had PTSD. The community I was in did have the choice to support me and help me heal. Having been thrown out, the LGBT community was happy to take me in and apply their agenda to me. They got me on heavy doses of Psych meds that made me very suggestible, and a counselor got me to transition, and have the surgery.

Today, the Christian community is in some cases trying to do better. At my age, it is too hard to go back the other way. I'm a recluse and do not intend to have a relationship with a male, most of whom want to be taken care of. Just waiting for it to be over since suicide seems to be frowned upon.

Thank you for trying to understand.
Sometimes your posts make me cry

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Sometimes your posts make me cry

In the US there is an excessive liberism and laissez faire.

In Itay where the state is present anywhere you need a judicial authorization from the local courthouse to have sex reassignment surgery.

And the judge asked me about my sex life in detail...and it was relevant I was into males only...and other things.

So Ellen Brown ' s sad story is the product of an American state who doesnt give a damn.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ellen Brown ' s sad story is the product of an American state who doesn't give a damn.
Seems more to me she was wrongly guided down a path she herself wasn't sure of during time when she was vulnerable. More of a medical mistake than a problem with American health care. The biggest issue in America is just getting access to treatment, including hormones. Even in California things arent necessarily easy to get.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The biggest issue in America is just getting access to treatment, including hormones. Even in California things arent necessarily easy to get.
But my question is: Do you need a judicial authorization in America to get vaginoplasty?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
A
But my question is: Do you need a judicial authorization in America to get vaginoplasty?
America goes by the WPATH standards, which require being on hormones, living full time as your identified gender for at least one year, and two letters of recommendations from psychotherapists. Its not without criticism, especially the having to wait a year, but its a major surgery that cant be taken lightly or without deep consideration or else you basically end up giving yourself gender dysphoria.
And as a behavioral health professional, thats not a decision I would want a judge to make. Judges specialize in law, not cognitive-behavioral therapy and human cognition.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
A
America goes by the WPATH standards, which require being on hormones, living full time as your identified gender for at least one year, and two letters of recommendations from psychotherapists. Its not without criticism, especially the having to wait a year, but its a major surgery that cant be taken lightly or without deep consideration or else you basically end up giving yourself gender dysphoria.
And as a behavioral health professional, thats not a decision I would want a judge to make. Judges specialize in law, not cognitive-behavioral therapy and human cognition.
I see..
I had to bring a psychological expertise to court...
But being a jurist myself and getting the trust of many public servants in the Courthouse got me that authorization.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I see..
I had to bring a psychological expertise to court...
But being a jurist myself and getting the trust of many public servants in the Courthouse got me that authorization.
Yeah. I'm not keen on the idea of anyone stepping between myself and a client. Insurance, wanna-be bosses I rarely see, other health care providers, it doesn't matter who they are all have to fight me to get what they want when I cant justify agreeing with them. To the point things had to be looked up because I was right, they were wrong, I knew it, and evidence is a must and priority in an evidence-based practice. I'm not against advice or asking for help, but no one comes between me and a client without fighting for it and having the power and authority to directly make it so.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
ALL medical procedures and treatments have side effects. It is up to the patient and medical team to decide whether the benefits of the treatment outway any possible side effects. There is no hard and fast rule. And it's certainly none of your business, especially not as a thinly veiled club with which to beat transgender people.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It would be very nice if we could discuss the issue on Fb or in via PM.:)
That's about all there is to it. I didn't find it suitable, appropriate, or ethical for those who are not educated and trained in health care to be making decisions that affect the outcome of care for a patient/client. At best, this judge probably knows just a little more about transgender people beyond the fact we do exist and aren't delusional about it. They aren't required to keep up to date on research, but they get to have a decision in if my client gets the treatment they need or not? Id have to consciously remind myself of who I'm addressing if they said no and I really believe the evidence suggests yes, lol.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
ALL medical procedures and treatments have side effects. It is up to the patient and medical team to decide whether the benefits of the treatment outway any possible side effects. There is no hard and fast rule. And it's certainly none of your business, especially not as a thinly veiled club with which to beat transgender people.
Ultimately, I enjoy sharing my story because it says "you really wouldn't like me off this treatment you want to deny me. I don't even like me from then." It's surprisingly easy to rationalize and justify crime when you just don't give a single **** about being alive and would rather be dead. It's very easy to rot your liver with drink and not care about it knowing you're hurting yourself. Its also really easy to be an ******* and leave a trail of posts your future self will find rather embarrassing when they are sometimes necroed (sometimes even old pictures of me from then, 10 - 15 years ago).